THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Some conversion ideas.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brother-kormak
Slave
brother-kormak

Some conversion ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16 2014, 02:33

Greetings All !

I am kind curious if this idea I had for some conversions had already been tryed.. Hence I post my quiery to you fine folks.. I haven been looking at the DE and the Eldar minis and been wondering how they would look if you interchanged the two kits together, ie the Guardians box and a box of Kabalites.. I think I am gonna give this a shot as a experiment while I am building up my Wych Cult..

Has anyone tryed this yet ? Did it work ? Fail horribly ? Any chance there is links to the lab ??

Thanks all..
JJ
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16 2014, 08:52

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t8281-dragontree-s-kabal

If you scroll down to the picture of my kabalite warriors (not the best pictures) They are a mixture of old and current DE warriors, the dire avengers eldar kit (essentially the same as the guardians just beefier) and scourge heads.

No WIP pictures but hopefully give you the gist.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
brother-kormak
Slave
brother-kormak

PostSubject: Re: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16 2014, 11:19

Damn !! Those are awesome, very similar to what i was envisioning !

Thanks for taking the time to post ! Looks like i got some boxes to buy !
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16 2014, 21:37

I mixed old and new kabalites for my warriors, and old kabalites and new guardians for my exodites...it works well...provided you can get some dirt cheap

otherwise its more fuss than they are worth
Back to top Go down
brother-kormak
Slave
brother-kormak

PostSubject: Re: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 01:00

I figured I would keep everything in the same thread as not to take up and or flood the board..
Heres my first wych, I am probably going to use her as a Hekatrix, due to the PGL on her back.. I am going to use the hydra gaunt as her poison blade/agonizer/whatever weapon, just due to the fact they look bad ass..

I need to finish up her squad, and then snag another box of Wyches, 2 Raiders, and raid the bitz box for the Succubus..

Any ideas, comments, etc are welcome..

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/575475658607176398/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/575475658607176392/
Back to top Go down
Amanita
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 09:00

I just bought a box of the new witch elves, they will serve nicely as Bloodbrides! I also got a few extra witches from the Cauldron of blood, thanks to Ebay bits-merchants.

I'll swap out some of their knives for razorflails, throw in a couple of shardnets and impalers, and add some details- I want to see if I can get some reaver legs, with their holstered pistols. Hang those off the witches' belts together with some vials of combat drugs, and the results should be quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 09:08

The spiky-ness of the hair matches the gauntlet really well and gives good character to the model.

I have used scourge heads for my inubi conversions. Some of my favourite parts of the dark eldar range!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some conversion ideas.   Some conversion ideas. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some conversion ideas.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: