THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.   Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02 2014, 10:54

I really dislike asking this simple question, and I did my research before asking and could not find the page nor an answer to my question. Was talking to a friend about Fast Skimmers being able to let their guys shoot all their weapons, and a question came up. Can a Dark Lance be fired out of a vehicle that has moved. That and does a Splinter Cannon get the 6 shots instead of the 4 if fired from a vehicle, that has moved, by a model inside said vehicle.

I looked it up and could not find exactly where it states Snapshot or not. I know that Vehicles are Rentless, but I do not think that counts towards the guys inside. If you could at the very least, point me in the general direction I would be very thankful. Sorry for the question again.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.   Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02 2014, 10:59

Relentless does not confer to passengers. The rules are that if a vehicle moves 6" or less, passengers fire normally (counting as moving). So a Splinter Cannon would fire 4 shots at BS4 and a Dark Lance would snap shot only. If the vehicle moves >6" then passengers can only fire snap shots. This means that a Splinter Cannon would fire 6 shots but at BS1 and the Dark Lance would still be snap shot only.

JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.   Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02 2014, 12:26

Thank you that is what I was thinking after I made my post.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.   Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 10:59

I am at a loss as to why Blasterborn are so popular; if their Venom moves a decent amount, the Blasters are only snap firing; if it moves 6", they jump out 6", and get decent shooting, but then they and their ride are in the open and get destroyed.

Are they really only a suicide unit, designed to remove one enemy vehicle the whole game?

The first time I ran them, I was taken aback by how slow they are if they don't want to die!

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.   Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 11:24

I guess the main thing is that they are a means of getting a lot more darklight into the list. Yes they're fragile but they need to be up close in order to do anything with their weapons and having them in a Venom keeps them safer than being on foot whilst they move up.

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.   Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 23:59

I have had extremely limited success with Blasterborn, due to the issues discussed above. I don't even run a single blaster in my current list! Although I am interested in the potential of a dual blast-pistol wielding Archon, given the Gunslinger rule, which I hadn't noticed until very recently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.   Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Weapon and Vehicle Question.
Page 1 of 1