THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Xenos Inquisitor

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Sky Serpent
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 16:56

So, if you keep up to date with the latest happenings on the competitibe circuit, you will see a lot of armies allying in an Inquisitor who is just under the cost of a Rhino.

Why?

For the three servo skulls he brings; for us the most important thing they bring is scout and deep striking denial.

I wanted to know if any of my fellow Commorrites have used one or faced it.

Also on a modelling note, what you do? Create your own radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor who on their own unknown, dark agenda has forged ties with your raiding party or perhaps a counts as model with Razorwing or Flesh-drone spies?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 18:22

I have faced it a few times. Not really a big thing to me since DE don't have Scouts and only rarely use DS.

I haven't used one yet, but probably will with my IG, as it would be beneficial to them to help keep stuff back. If I gave one whit about the competitive scene anymore I'd probably also do the ol' Eldar version, as they also benefit heavily.

I see it as of neutral benefit to DE. I usually don't mind scouts or DS when used against me. Frankly I enjoy it when it is most of the time. Scout can be a little more problematic if used aggressively, so I suppose there is some value there depending on how much Scout you deal with.

If I wanted to make a DEquisitor I'd probably go with a Radical since they're going to be desperate allies anyway.

Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 17:56

I played around with one for a little while to use in tournaments that allow IC infiltrate shenanigans (usually via Shadowsun added to either Centurions or a Farsight bomb). As an added bonus they can be used to push those squads that infiltrate 6" further back into their deployment zone. Being desperate definitely limits their usefuless since the Inq. can't even help deny objectives though. I kitted mine with an incinerator and left him along one board edge to force opponents with outflankers to waste time dealing with him. Because of that I used a Medusae as a counts-as (since it's a cool model and I've never seen one on the table haha) with the extra floating brains (with added tentacles) as the servo skulls. Unfortunately he's probably doomed to his current unpainted state as I've phased him out of the army since then. The only scouts/infiltrators that'd be a serious problem for my current army is Bolter-Banner Ravenwing and they don't seem to get much play these days.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 18:52

Wow, remember when those things were predicted as gamebreaking?

Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 18:55

If I were going to use an Inquisitor it would be with IG where an Xenos Inq. can carry some nifty grenades and make blobs of guardsmen ridiculous in close combat. 50+ guys in a squad with abilities is going to hurt just about anyone. I look forward to seeing how they will be used in the new IG dexes.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 03:17

I have used one with my wolves, although more tooled than the current tournament builds. He was excellent. I'll also be facing some shortly with a raven guard rhino rush army and also with IG/AM. Kinda annoying since ive recently brought in Irillyth in place of my farseer so now I have scouting beasts which the skulls can stop from surging forward. And they damn well better.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 04:20

skulls are a big annoyance for some builds and really that is why you take Inquisitors. Cheap enough for what they bring.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xenos Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenos Inquisitor   Xenos Inquisitor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xenos Inquisitor
Page 1 of 1