THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Edition being pulled?

Go down 
+24
Mandor
Zenotaph
Aroban
Azdrubael
Cavash
Count Adhemar
ligolski
Expletive Deleted
commandersasha
Gobsmakked
Dethdispenser
Barking Agatha
Panic_Puppet
Squidmaster
Mr Believer
Dogmar
Unorthodoxy
Thor665
kourac31
MurDok
Athalkar
infamousme
Kung Fu Hamster
Its_Rumble
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

6th Edition being pulled? Empty
PostSubject: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 00:13

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/04/40k-6th-edition-is-being-pulled.html?m=1

I personally think this is just a bunch of Gobbledy goop. But if it isn't... alrighty then.

Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 00:53

Its_Rumble wrote:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/04/40k-6th-edition-is-being-pulled.html?m=1

I personally think this is just a bunch of Gobbledy goop. But if it isn't... alrighty then.

Back around New Year's, when 40K Radio was in the rumor business, their source told them 7th edition would be coming out this summer. They were 100% spot-on with all the info they gave (hell, I even went to the gaming store they had open at the time and flipped through the SM codex), and GW pulling the copies of 6th from the shelves only points to this being the case.

Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 01:19

Would make sense a buddy of mine was playing 7th ed at Adepticon in the middle of the night. Seems like they are prepping it.

Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 02:06

It looks like it is happening with no gobely gook involved. I'm actually kind of excited with this.
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 02:41

Its_Rumble wrote:

Its_Rumble wrote:
Would make sense a buddy of mine was playing 7th ed at Adepticon in the middle of the night. Seems like they are prepping it.

I'm confused. The posts are within an hour of each other. It appears you disbelieve the rumor but have a separate independent basis (albeit hearsay) for believing the rumor.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 04:32

I didn't think the new rules sets were supposed to have editions. What happened to GW's glorious (insert sarcasm) living rule set?

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 04:46

Athalkar wrote:
Its_Rumble wrote:

Its_Rumble wrote:

I'm confused.  The posts are within an hour of each other.  It appears you disbelieve the rumor but have a separate independent basis (albeit hearsay) for believing the rumor.  

I was hesitant to blindly believe someones post I read on facebook, and then when the other gentleman posted the 40k news post I remembered about the Adepticon event. (I would make a good politician)

Also I am a little skeptical of my friend so I still am unsure, but that's why I said it makes sense.

Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 04:52

BRB is no longer available on GW site in Canada. Apprently pre-order on the 24 of may and on shelves the 31.

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 04:53

Confirmed No longer available in US.

But you are right Althakar, my waffling is misleading.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 05:07

Interesting, the 6.5 update we've heard rumored would be my guess.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 05:14

From a logical standpoint 6.5 would make sense, but it seems like GW is trying as hard as they can to gross high this year so 7th ed would sell more. Also doing 6.5 would have them admit they were wrong haha. Possible sell to Hasbro coming up?

Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 05:17

Hasbro is the most logical choice in my mind. Ive thought this was a pump and dump for a long time. Pay off debts, get more steady INTERNALLY and then show Hasbro the target.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 05:20

From my understanding of the situation they are quoting to Hasbro really really high, and they are having troubles biting. So having a massive release year to end in a sale is their last resort.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 17:42

To Its_Rumble; that explanation makes sense.

Its odd that they would pull the BRB and but leave the Dark Vengence set available online. Also it appears they left the digital version of the BRB.

Also no longer available on the US site is planet strike and cities of death; interesting. I doubt the rumor that stronghold and escalation were being rolled in as neither has been pulled.

If they are pitching themselves to Hasbro (or anybody else) the one man store format, new rules and quick release makes sense. New rules make for inflated sales and one man stores gives lowers overhead costs... while overall sales are down GW's sales to overhead probably looks quite stellar on paper.

Of coursed if it is all just for a marketing gimmick to sell out... then I would not expect anything really substantive in the new rules set.

Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 22:23

My local GW employee confirmed a new set of core rules. All employees were indeed advised to dispose of the 6th hardback books by the end of the week or so and to NOT take a day off on the 17th and 24th of May, which means this is a major release/preorder date for the thing that will replace the 6th hardback. He doubts though that it will be a complete makover, it's more likely to be a wrap-up of all the expansions and a few minor tweaks.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 22:24

Excellent to know.

Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 23:52

Athalkar wrote:

Its odd that they would pull the BRB and but leave the Dark Vengence set available online.  Also it appears they left the digital version of the BRB.  

Also no longer available on the US site is planet strike and cities of death; interesting.  I doubt the rumor that stronghold and escalation were being rolled in as neither has been pulled.

Games Workshop would leave anything they have stock of up to order for as long as possible, even if it was about to be made completely defunct by a new set of rules or a new model. They have to get rid of them, as nobody will want to buy them after whatever new release has come out, hence their constant attempts at rumour lockdown. If you knew orks were about to be updated, for example, you'd slow on buying them, thinking that either you're going to buy a ton of stuff that will be made worse or that you'll be buying stuff that might no longer even be part of the army. I would think both Stronghold and Escalation could well be rolled into a future rulebook as (if rumours are to be believed) Forge World will be making even more of a showing in the main game.

It must drive them crazy when highly accurate rumours hit and everybody buys up the old style boxes of Dire Avengers before they have chance to repackage them as an overpriced smaller set.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 11:20

Dogmar wrote:
......to NOT take a day off on the 17th and 24th of May......

A company like GW, and the sort of people who work there, and they're told not to take the days of Comicon off (23rd, 24th - also technically 25th).
Cruel.

We've been hearing for quite some time that GW wanted to move to a "living rulebook" thing, and that they would try to keep to one version with tweaks from now on. Hell, for the last year I've been hearing 7th would just be 6th with the expansions built in (I seriously doubt they'll change very much now - too much has been put into certain products like Flyers, Superheavies, etc).

I'm somewhat intrigued to have a look at the new Guard book now. Usually there's some small clue in which units SEEM to have been nerfed, or which rules make no sense in the most recent book to a new release (I would argue the nerfing of Reavers in 5th was a slight clue to the incoming 6th Jink and Skilled Rider changes).

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 15:11

I think the Grey Knights were the more obvious one. I didn't perceive Reavers as nerfed in 5th, honestly.

Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 15:33

Grey Knights are the first real hint to 6th with their Mastery Levels. You can just about see 6th as far back as Blood Angels in its rawest form.

On topic, I can confirm that rulebooks and DV are off shelves (in my local GW at least). I would anticipate tweaks since Escalation and Stronghold Assault are official parts of the rules as opposed to 'expansions' in the old sense (e.g. Cities of Death, Planetstrike), as is Death From The Skies, I think they'll all get consolidated into the main book to cut down on the number of physical books required. I also suspect there may be some tweaks around rulebook psychic powers (as the cards got pulled), possibly to the allies matrix as there's immense player dissatisfaction with Battle Brothers and abuse. I also would hope to see changes to nerf monstrous creatures slightly - I'd just make their cover work the same way as vehicles and rely on 25% obscured as opposed to having a millimetre of their base in area terrain and getting a 5+ even though it's fully visible. I foresee it being slight changes if any, rather than a whole new edition.

Also, I have my suspicions that this means we'll get a slew of FAQs, as the recent dearth makes sense in the light of a new edition - they can do an update for all armies to 7th/6.5th and just overhaul it once, doing regular FAQs in the process.

Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 18:34

Its_Rumble wrote:
From my understanding of the situation they are quoting to Hasbro...

Who is? GW is mostly owned by Nomad Investment, Investec, Phoenix Asset Management, Shroeder Investment Management, and Tom Kirby. Are they all selling their stock together at the same time? Seems unlikely. Also, they can't really 'quote' high or low: the stock has a listed value, and that is the value at which Hasbro or anyone else would have to buy it (assuming all of those other companies want to sell it).
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 19:09

A few people I know have seen/heard rumors that some local gaming stores are putting up posters of 6.5 being released. Anyone able to confirm?
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 19:22

Barking Agatha wrote:
Its_Rumble wrote:
From my understanding of the situation they are quoting to Hasbro...

Who is? GW is mostly owned by Nomad Investment, Investec, Phoenix Asset Management, Shroeder Investment Management, and Tom Kirby. Are they all selling their stock together at the same time? Seems unlikely. Also, they can't really 'quote' high or low: the stock has a listed value, and that is the value at which Hasbro or anyone else would have to buy it (assuming all of those other companies want to sell it).

Stock purchase is not the only to purchase a business. Hasbro is an already functioning gaming manufacturer and does need the existing GW administration infrastructure. If Hasbro is interested at all, they likely would prefer a asset purchase; i.e., buy i.p an run and keep whatever manufacturing operations which are performing better than Hasbro's current industry. Plus an asset sale benefits Hasbro with not having to deal with the GW minority shareholders who do not approve of the sale and don't have sufficient numbers to stop the sale.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 20:12

6th Edition being pulled? Getbackontopic2

Let's stick to discussing the new rulebook, please, rather than other influences. I know it's hard to differentiate sometimes, and tempting to link and comment on both, but GW's fiscal and and corporate status can go in "GW General Discussion".

Thanks.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 20:33

I think all mods should accompany their rulings with pictures of girls in pop socks.

Oops, that's off-topic...OK, new USR rule rumoured for 6.5:
Quote :
All Internet 40K Forum Moderators should accompany their rulings with pictures of girls in pop socks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   6th Edition being pulled? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Edition being pulled?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: