THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Amusing proxies

Go down 
+7
Count Adhemar
Panic_Puppet
clively
Sky Serpent
Lord_Alino
commandersasha
Vindicavi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 18:34

I'm sure we've all done it at some point when we didnt have a model or hadn't finished the one we have. So I was wondering what is the most bizarre or amusing proxy you have seen or used in your gaming groups or tournaments?

Mine have been; when I didn't have enough raiders for my list so I put some rhinos on their sides to use in their place and using baked bean cans as void shield generators...
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 18:43

I once did a nine drop pod list for Apocalypse: a lot of tinned tomatoes saw action that day!

I did a Christmas game, I buit a town from Terraclips Streets Of Malifaux scenery, and my wife and I dressed the town: Xmas tree in the town square, tinsel and lights strung from rooftops etc.
My friend arrived, we rolled for mission...and got The Relic! A fine game of Steal The Christmas Tree was played!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 19:53

My friend put a landraider sideways with a vindicator, with a Defiler on top and proxied it as his Lord of Skulls.
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 20:23

Haha thats brilliant xD
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 11:55

I do remember a game in my youth where we used the old plastic green movement trays as Rhinos....

I also went for a pick up game recently and forgot a Venom - my opponent was kind enough to let me play with an invisible Venom with a seeming glitched flickerfield.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
clively
Sybarite
clively

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeMon May 12 2014, 20:19

A couple months ago I had left a raider out of my bag.   Fortunately when I started setting up there was a terrain piece, which looked like a statue of a dog, that my opponent graciously allowed me to proxy. It was roughly the same size so that worked.

Mid game a couple guys walked up and saw me move the dog forward.  My opponent was looking away and they were both like "hey, you can't move terrain around!"   I told them that page 210 said if the terrain has legs then it's ok. One guy actually started to look it up before my opponent let them know it was a proxy.

Lulz ensued.

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 00:09

I have never seen dog statue terrain in all these years of playing. Wink

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 10:18

I've got some but several hail from the mystical land of Square Bases, so I'm prepared for this to get modded as off-topic if necessary but they're too good not to share. I once someone play a game of fantasy with a 'beastman' army that consisted of nothing but bases...literally just square bases being pushed around the table. I myself once had to proxy a correctly sized block of dice as a Tomb Scorpion because I needed it to make exactly 2k for an arranged game, and my mail order didn't arrive in time.

Finally, these two, which I just have to link to because no mere description can do them justice...a bonus point for this one featuring Skari's Dark Eldar:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/560322.page

And:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/585243.page

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 10:21

Love the Smurfs one!!

thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 21:57

My friend just the other day came at me with a squad or 4 Chaos Raptors... and one Stormboy! It made me laugh so hard to imagine they hadn't noticed him join them.

lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21 2014, 12:30

lol, thesaltedwound

My first exposure to the game had a guy using a robocop action figure as a dreadnought back in 3rd edition.  

When my friends and I were first testing warhammer fantasy we literally just cut pieces of paper to movement tray sizes and wrote on them "30 skeletons" or "50 skavenslaves".  The depressing thing was that it really didn't affect much of the game and it made it pretty easy to keep track of how many guys were left, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27 2014, 07:33

One of my friends plays Tyranids and proxied Red Solo Cups as Mycetic Spores (Aww the good old days of nyd.)
This was relatively before the Lord of Skulls one but I still think it's funny to remember singing Red Solo Cup when a spore crashes down.
Back to top Go down
Rikev
Slave
Rikev

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25 2014, 18:18

One of my regular opponents has a Khorne Daemon army but one of his Bloodletter units are one model short. He proxies it with a Berzerker who we joked is with the Bloodletters on a work experience trip.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 23:31

Haha, some gold in this thread.

I can remember cutting a raider shape out of paper, and blu-tacking it to the top of a rhino... somehow by the end of that game it had "Quality Raider" written on it. Weirdly it outlived the actual raiders I had.

In a more recent game, a Necron playing mate was easing back into the game and needed to proxy a Necron Monolith. So we used a fantasy inn. We joked that its cloaking field was just a little off, TARDIS style.

Finally, I can't leave this thread without mentioning an old friend who was a shocking proxyer. He thought it was hilarious to do things like use Gretchin to proxy Bloodthirsters. Because there were proxies all over his army it was impossible to keep track of what was what... then suddenly some grot is in the middle of your army ready, and I'm all like, "what's that again? Wait, a WHAT?! Ngaaa!" Mad

(there's always one, isn't there!)

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Amusing proxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amusing proxies   Amusing proxies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amusing proxies
Page 1 of 1