THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts Empty
PostSubject: 7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts   7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 22:05

And 7th is HERE! This is the first game. and what a blast... some twists, some turns. I can't wait to play more and learn the new edition through and through.
Thanks for watching!

For once here are the lists and what not:

Dark Eldar Cult Troops:
Succubus - Haywires, Power Weapon (lance)

5 Wyches
Venom - Dual Cannon

8 Wyches- Hekatrix, Venomblade, Phantasm GL.
Raider, Grisly Trophies

6 Reaver Jetbikes

The Chaos Space Marines:

Sorceror, Mark of Tzeench, Force Staff, Sigil
- Powers:
Tzeench Storm (primaris)
Biomancy (Primaris), 6 and 1
we assumed that both battle focus and the chaos FAQ both apply unless otherwise stated, does anyone know any differently?

10 CSM - Flamer, Plasmagun
5 CSM - Mark of Nurgle

3 Terminators - Combi Flamer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We chose to play an Eternal War mission, and rolled crusade, 5 objectives, and dawn of war deployment. We played on a 4 by 4 table.

I Chose to deploy first (as this then gave me the choice to go first or second) after seeing his deployment, I took second turn because it was an objective based game and he lacked any real long range firepower.

Thanks for watching!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts   7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04 2014, 08:47

Ahoy!
Awesome batrep as per usual. Nice to see your Cult list start up as I've been looking for inspiration to get my wyches off the shelf. Splintermind is a great way to start off a match, hey?  Very Happy 

Which section of the Chaos FAQ are you referring to?
When it comes to 7e and CSM psykers my experience and research has revealed this;

-A Sorcerer with Mark of X "MUST roll at least one, and may roll up to half, of their powers on the table that corresponds to their patron deity." (p.70 Chaos Space Marines codex)

-Psychic Focus only applies if ALL a psyker's powers are from the same discipline. ONE exception; the Force psychic power is known by all psykers with force weapons, and doesn't count against Psychic Focus restrictions. (p.22 The Rules, beginning of the Psychic Phase section)

-There is a specific paragraph in the Psychic Focus section (p.22 The Rules again) called Chaos Psychic Focus that states "If a Psyker has a Mark of Chaos... that model automatically knows the primaris power of the discipline that corresponds to their patron deity, in addition to any other powers it knows."

So in the above example of a Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch:
-HAS to roll at least 1 (max 2) powers from Discipline of Tzeentch
-Automatically gains primaris power of Discipline of Tzeentch due to Chaos Psychic Focus rule
-Then gets to roll remaining 1-2 powers (assuming level 3 psyker) from Biomancy.
-Since ALL his powers won't be exclusively from Biomancy, he doesn't get the Biomancy primaris due to Psychic Focus rule.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts   7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 02:21

Yeah, splitermind was awesome... and EVERYTHING had it Very Happy. The succubus then gave Furious charge to the unit she joined... one in six games, that is going to be awesome. I think we did mess up the Chaos Sorceror, but he really sucked anyway... lol. As the one time that he needed to get Iron Arm off he failed to cast on 4 dice.

Thanks for the comment!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: 7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts   7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2014, 10:37

On turn 2 when you denied the witch, did you roll 3 6s to deny him? Impressive!

Nice report

PostSubject: Re: 7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts   7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7th Ed Battle Report - Dark Olympiad vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts
Page 1 of 1