THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zal'renah
Slave
Zal'renah

Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 19:37

From what I've heard the Harlequins won't be in the upcoming codex, which is a shame, they're a great unit, but I already have a full squad, with the shadowseer and death jester and everything!
Onto the topic now, I love the harlequin models, they're all in great poses and they're all in incredible detail, my question is, how do I make them look more dark eldar?
I am open to any and all suggestions, be it kitbashing, converting or simply certain paint schemes.

Comment away! *opens the, hopefully, floodgate of comments*
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 19:48

A harlequin supplement is bound to come IMHO. I would wait before de-harlequining them. :-)
Back to top Go down
Zal'renah
Slave
Zal'renah

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 20:03

As much as I would love a harlequin supplement I'm afraid that's not what I meant, I don't want them to be actual dark eldar, it's just that I want it to be clear from how they look that these are still harlequins, but ones which aid the dark eldar.
I know it isn't a thing in the fluff that they wear different outfits when helping different groups, but I think it would be cool if they did. Smile
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 20:44

I believe that would be really going against their purpose and goals and fluff. There are not those who aid DE and those who aid CWE. They are a neutral group that is accepted by both because they do not show allegiance to any. I am all up for converting many things, but harlequins are so unique and have so firmly set place in between the worlds of DE and CWE, that they just would not even try to "get closer" to one faction or another. But thats what I believe. :-)
Back to top Go down
Zal'renah
Slave
Zal'renah

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 21:01

Mmm, you're probably right, I think I'll probably buy another squad and just paint one a little darker and one a little brighter, after all, there are different troupes for them to be a part of, can play the darker guys with the dark eldar, or better yet, paint them bright green and pink and play those with dark eldar, to CONFUSE them! *waves arms around mysteriously*
Thanks for your advice.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 21:11

aurynn wrote:
There are not those who aid DE and those who aid CWE. They are a neutral group that is accepted by both because they do not show allegiance to any. I am all up for converting many things, but harlequins are so unique and have so firmly set place in between the worlds of DE and CWE, that they just would not even try to "get closer" to one faction or another. But thats what I believe. :-)

I was going to say the exact same thing. Harlies just further the cause of the Eldar race in general, I'd be surprised if they even properly see a distinction between the "types". They're all just trying to avoid the big truth that the harlequins know already.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Zal'renah
Slave
Zal'renah

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 21:15

Aye, I'm thinking of painting my first squad with a sort of dark purple, probably xereus as the primary and incubus darkness secondary, the checkered parts shall be done as Incubus darkness and I'm thinking some kind of bright green, we'll see.
Once again, thank you both for your advice, my fanboyishness was getting in the way of the fluff that I already knew, wanting dark-harlequins XD
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 21:42

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Harlequin codex someday. Look at all the new armies being released after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar   Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Harlequins more Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1