THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mithosiris
Slave

Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 23:42

Hi guys, I'm trying to make a competitive list with the new codex and also have the units I like from it. The good looking of the army is easy because all the units I liked before have been boosted a lot so now I'm trying to fit them in the list all together. I would like to know what do you think about the list, and if it has a lack of something. I have to say that I have access to blasterborns, Razorwing, and more warriors and venoms. So this is what I have right now...

Urien Rakarth                                                                            
Succubus with Archite, Haywire Grenades + Armor of Misery + WWP.                  
( Both with Grotesques )

4 Grotesques w/Aberation + Agoniser.        
10 Mandrakes                                                                      

10 Warriors with Splinter Cannon @ Raider with Dark Lance, NightShields & Splinter Racks.            
10 Warriors with Splinter Cannon @ Raider with Dark Lance, NightShields & Splinter Racks.          

5 Scourges with 4 x Haywire Blasters.      
5 Scourges with 4 x Heat Lances.                                  
6 Reavers with 2 Heat Lances & 2 Cluster Caltrops.                

2 Talos with Twin-linked Haywire blaster & Heat lance the other one.        
1 Chronos with Spirit Probe.                                                                
1 Ravager with 3 Desintegrator cannon & Nightshields.

This is 1966 points but I dont know how to add 34 points to the list. I also think that only 2 troops maybe is not enough and I should push it to 3 or 4. What do you think?? I much appreciate your comments, thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 23:53

With the DE detachment you do not get objective secured so more troops isn't necessarily better. I love the 2 Talos and 1 Cronos my one suggestion would be to get ichor injectors on the Talos to instant-paste mosters (as well as fleshbane). I would suggest maybe splitting the reavers up (2 squads they have to kill instead of one) as well as the mandrakes. Personally I'm not sure how i like the ravagers. If you have more Grotesques I'd add some more for more wounds before they get to Urien and the succubus (maybe get rid of the ravager or use the extra 34 porints). Another idea would be to split the 10 man warriors into 2 squads of 5 and toss them in venoms with only the extra cannon as an upgrade. i like the list in general (to annoy people just keep the 2 talos near the cronos).
Back to top Go down
mithosiris
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:06

Yes I was thinking on putting more grotesques in the unit but that means you could not use the new d3 attack special rule sometimes and i dont know if it would be better but maybe 1 or 2 more Grotesques would be ok...

About the warriors I have thought in another setup: 5x warriors with a blaster and sybarite with haywire grenades in a venom. Maybe 3 or 4 units and remove the ravager.

The 2 Talos/ 1 Chronos setup like a lot, and maybe 3 Talos/ 1 Chronos would be better. I will think about the ichor upgrade too...

Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
mithosiris
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:16

The new list with the changes would be like this:

Urien Rakarth                                                                            
Succubus with Archite, Haywire Grenades + Armor of Misery + WWP.                  
( Both with Grotesques )

6 Grotesques w/Aberation + Agoniser.        
5 Mandrakes  
5 Mandrakes                                                                    

5 Warriors with blaster in a venom with 2 x Splinter Cannons.
5 Warriors with blaster in a venom with 2 x Splinter Cannons.      

5 Scourges with 4 x Heat Lances.                                  
6 Reavers with 2 Heat Lances & 2 Cluster Caltrops.                

2 Talos with Twin-linked Haywire blaster & Heat lance the other one, both with ichor injector.     
1 Chronos with Spirit Probe.

1996 pts.

Last edited by mithosiris on Tue Oct 07 2014, 12:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 01:02

Yeah I play a nid player a lot and the Ichor injector ruined his 6 wound t6 2+ armor model in 1 turn of combat (totally made my day). Think of the extra 2 grotesques as the 2 that will die to shooting (since most smart people will shoot at the squad).
Back to top Go down
mithosiris
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 01:26

I need 16 points now to put the ichors on the talos, maybe remove 2 mandrakes? Or maybe go back to the 2 x 10 warrios units instead of 2 x 5 warrior units in venoms.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 04:59

I'd drop the HG and the sybarite. Anti tank is always a problem but 1 HG won't do much.
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 15:28

I don't think you can use the WWP with the Grotesque unit because it doesn't have deep strike. Or am I wrong? because I'm a little confused about it.
Back to top Go down
mithosiris
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 15:30

The WWP gives the character and the unit it is in the deepstrike abilty with no scatter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.   Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar 2000 1 Detachment first try.
Page 1 of 1