THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zacharyroelofs
Slave

2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised   2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03 2016, 03:23

Hello
So this is similar to a list i posted previously but I've worked on it a bit more. Going with the force org that lets me have the extra FA slots. Any criticism or advice would be welcomed, thanks!

2000 points

Archon w/ wwp 95pt
3 x 10 warriors in Raider with splinter racks 450pt
2 x Venom w/ trueborn and 3 blasters in each and an extra splinter cannon on each 330pt
Beast pack (10 kymarae, 1 beastmaster) 110pt
Razorwing Fighter with dark lances 140
5 Scourges w/ 4x Haywire blasters 120
2x 3 man reaver jetbike squads with a blaster in each 116
2x ravagers w/ dark lances 250

Allies (Eldar)

Farseer 100
Wraithguard w/ d sycthes (will enter via wwp)
Fire prism 125
Rangers (7) 84

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised   2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03 2016, 04:30

You're over on points, I think. I think you forgot to pay for your wraithguard or something.

Other than that, I'd drop the blaster from each group of reavers and try to get caltrops instead. The list looks fairly well-rounded, but the wraithguard unit is gonna bite the big one the turn after it arrives. It might survive some rounds or something, but you won't have anything in that unit that can help them actually WIN a combat. Wraithguard aren't very good in CC. They fight like slightly stronger, tougher windrider jetbikes, which is to say: Poorly.
Back to top Go down
zacharyroelofs
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised   2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03 2016, 14:49

Ah thanks, you're right, I'm 90 points over (counting the wraithguard at 170).  I'll have to figure out some cuts to make. If I cut 2 rangers, and one of the bike squads, I'm 8 over, which my opponent won't mind at all. (I play with the same few people and we usually give 10ish points leeway).
Are the caltrops pretty good? I haven't used them much yet. My thought for the bikes is holding them in reserve and hopping on an empty or nearly empty objective towards the end. I suppose some extra assault ability would be useful in that regard.
I definitely can see the wraithguard being a fire magnet. My plan isn't to stick them in a totally unsupported position though. I'm thinking since theres no scatter and I can be very precise I can try to set them up near LOS blockers. I don't plan to use them as a suicide unit, ideally they will be opportunity strikers; arrive in an area the opponent has only a couple units, and theyll template one of them out when they get there, minimizing return fire and then flaming the other one the following turn. That, or they can take out something that's an immediate threat that I don't have other means to take down quickly.
The only other idea on the list I'm toying with is warp spiders instead of beast pack for harassment. Ultimately a different role than the pack though. I have the beasts to be a fire magnet/tie up units I don't want shooting me while the warp spiders I'd use more as bullies.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised   2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03 2016, 16:18

The wraithguard are 210 with d-scythes. You might be using an old book or something..

Yes, the caltrops are good, but you wouldn't want to use reavers as late-turn objective grabbers. They're too expensive for that, and they don't have obsec, so they're not great at it anyhow. And reserving them is just 1 additional turn where they can't assault, which is what they DO do well.

After recently running the numbers on the differences between 10 warriors in a raider and 5 warriors in a venom, I don't think I can ever recommend 10 in a raider ever again. They only average 3 extra splinter hits per turn when in rapid fire range with their rerolls, and outside that range, they're completely outclassed, while paying 60 extra points for the unit with racks and night shields.

If you swap all those warriors in raiders out for warriors in dual cannons venoms, you save 180 points. Your points are off by 10 on the reavers too. I haven't checked points on everything. Just pointed out what I noticed by memory.

If you're allowed to run 3 detachments in your local meta, I'd make 2 CADs and an Allied detachment instead of using the realspace raiders detachment. Objective secured is too important to lose if you don't have to.
Back to top Go down
zacharyroelofs
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised   2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03 2016, 16:31

Ah ok. I'll give some thought to the loss of obj secured.
You're totally right on the wraithguard, I didn't read it thoroughly enough and read "d sycthes for 10 points" rather than 10 points per model haha, big difference.
I'd much rather do all venoms instead of raiders, I just don't have the models at the moment. Maybe in the future.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised   2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03 2016, 16:53

Oh yeah, lol. D-scythes for 10 points/squad would be auto-include!

I'd actually run wraithguard way more at that price, haha! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised   2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point Dark Eldar with small eldar allies group: Revised
Page 1 of 1