THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fioater
Slave
fioater

TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex Empty
PostSubject: TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex   TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:31

So here my first go with the new Dex, critique welcome:

HQ:
Archon, WWP, Blaster
Succubus, Glaive, WWP, Helm of Spite (Warlord)
4 Medusae, Venom, extra Cannon

TROOPS:
5 Warriors, Venom, extra Cannon
5 Warriors, Raider, Splinter Racks

ELITES:
5 Incubi, Klaivex, Raider

FAST:
5 Scourges, 4 Heat Lances
5 Scourges, 4 Haywire Blasters

HEAVY:
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances

Allied Coven Formation #1
Urien
4 Grots, Raider, Dark Lance
4 Grots, Raider, Dark Lance

Idea behind the list is I've left the options open for the WWP's. I have the medusae, heat lance scourges, incubi, and Grots which could all benefit from the WWPs. I'm tossing up between the incubi or a Razorwing for anti-air, but the incubi are just great when it come to clearing out termies or mega-nobz etc, which are common within my local meta.

Any thoughts or comments welcome!

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex   TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 01:09

Really dig the list. I think the grotesquerie is the true powerhouse formation of the whole bunch. I'm working on something similar atm. The haywire/heat lance split is a nice touch too. Allows a unit to DS but doesnt force both to in order to be effective.

Personally though I would lose the archon, and in fact probably both wwp's since I really don't see a unit worth keeping in reserve to abuse them (most are combat oriented.. not good for DS, the medusae become too expensive for what they would contribute). For the most part I think this is gonna be the case outside of eldar allies.

Anyway instead I would add aberrations with scissorhand to each grot squad. 5 poisoned rending attacks + rampage and charge bonus is just roudy for 10 pts.

Also try to squeeze a PGL/TGL here or there to take advantage of the -1 Ld synergy with the misery armour/archangel etc. Tau, daemons, orks, csm and so on are gonna cry if they get hit with -5 Ld tests.

Thats what I got.
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex   TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:55

Thanks Brom,

If I drop the Archon, WWP from Succubus and the Medusae squad, I'd get around 325 spare.

I'm a little cautious about removing the AP3 flamers though, as they are basically an instant squad wipe for marines etc. With the spare points, would a razorwing for AA and voidraven with scythes for AI make up for that loss?

It would also mean the heat lance scourges can't DS accurately with the WWP loss though, but the extra lances on the razorwing should make up for that.

Fioater
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex   TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 04:09

Whoops I wasnt suggesting you drop the court but I forgot losing the archon loses the court. Maybe a hq switch to keep them? Idk. The lances ds isn't that big a deal with 9" melta range, I wouldn't sweat that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex   TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAC 1850 DE - First go with new Dex
Page 1 of 1