THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library

Go down 
+6
Amornar
Dragontree
Thor665
Lord Azrael
Kung Fu Hamster
Skari
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library Empty
PostSubject: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:34

Here is a video Library of the individual Tactica Videos that I have been making with the new release, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have had fun making them.

Video 1 - The Archon:

Video 2 - The Court:

Video 3 - The Succubus

Video 4 - Lelith

Video 5 - Heamonculi

Video 6 - Urien

Video 7 - Drazhar

Video 8 - Kabalites

Youtube Channel

Last edited by Skari on Tue Oct 14 2014, 03:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:40

Curse you and your free time to do stuff! Smile

Lord Azrael
Hellion
Lord Azrael

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 08:47

I will, thanks. I always like your videos Smile
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 13:38

Thanks for the comments.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 16:25

I watched the Archon video, my two quick critiques are as follows;

1. 6 minutes before I get to the 'review' felt excessive.

2. I kind of wished you'd offered more conclusions - you sort of generically discuss the options without really saying 'this is good for X, and this is good for Y. Though I am capable of making those value calls myself, when I read (or listen in this case) to a tactica, what I'm looking to hear is specific discussion about what the person writing it feels will work in the hopes they'll have thought of something good that I missed. I didn't get that from the video and it left me a little cold and empty inside Very Happy

3. Also, whatever caused the white noise to kick in near the end was rough on the ears.

I will check out the Court this evening I suspect, but those were the things I thought could be done better.

I did appreciate that you tried to pronounce some Eldarith words though Laughing

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 18:10

About 4.30-36 in the court video

"I love my venom blades" with the most sincere and wonderful expression.

Made the whole video for me.

Really enjoyed these two vids and will watch the succubus one later. Very easy listening and great for newcomers I would think but something there for everyone!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 22:19

Great videos so far Skari, always love when I see one of your videos on my sub list. My only critique would be to add more of your detailed/experienced thoughts such as builds, units to run with, sneaky tricks, etc. I think you are going in that direction though and as you do more videos it will get better and better.

Thanks for sharing with the community!
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 23:41

Nice Reviews Skari.
I like the way you build up information. So new players now what is important too.

I'm looking forward on your opinion on Grots and Reavers. Must have?

I didn't play them yet but together with Medusae bomb, I'm considering them and new 5 scourges 4x HwB to be the lifting horses of this dex.

I'm trying to keep the Objective Secured Detachment because I want to play Wyches, so I want maximum pay-back. :troll:

:Edit: I do find it curious that you chose Djin Blade as weapon for the Archon. I'm putting my money on Agoniser & Soul-Trap combo. Sure, it can be denied but you could also get lucky if an opponent underestimates the shadow-field save and feeds you an IC. lol! S5-6

I'm always making a point how they loose the Ld of the sergeant and how cowardly he hides behind mooks Laughing

Last edited by El_Jairo on Thu Oct 09 2014, 01:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 03:44

Lol. Thanks a lot for the comments! I am having a blast making these vids.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Lord Azrael
Hellion
Lord Azrael

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 07:33

Yea agoniser and soultrap sounds best in my ears too.
Even if the opponent decline your challange, he loose his charakter by standing in the back and doing nothing in the fight. 10 Points for disabling an enemy charakter in the fight? Sounds like a good trade to me.

Also the djinblade is kinda dangerous. In the previous codex you had to roll two ones at a time, now you have to roll one on a d6. If that happens the only thing can keep your shadowfield up running is a fnp throw. For that amount of points.. wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 02:01

Lord Azrael wrote:

Also the djinblade is kinda dangerous. In the previous codex you had to roll two ones at a time, now you have to roll one on a d6. If that happens the only thing can keep your shadowfield up running is a fnp throw. For that amount of points.. wouldn't do it.

As I see it RAW, you didn't fail any save, so the FnP and shutting down of the Shadow Field won't trigger. So it isn't that bad.
But still paying more that an Agoniser for 2 attacks more at your basic strength and 17% chance of loosing a wound to it each round of combat? Pretty steep cost, if you ask me. Now, if it were AP2 and add d3+1 attacks or boosted your strength in any way... For me the biggest issue with Dark Eldar is strength, you need it to hurt somebody in CC. So if it hasn't +1 S or poison/flehbane in melee, it's not worth it in my book.

It might be do-able with Djin Blade and soul-trap AND an opponent willing to feed you serges in challenges, though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 02:28

To me, the Djinn Blade is a crappy daemon weapon (as if you roll a 1 or 2 every time) on a model less equipped to take advantage of it (since we have lower strength) but at the same cost. I feel like I could cross it off in my codex and I'd never notice its absence.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 09:26

lessthanjeff wrote:
To me, the Djinn Blade is a crappy daemon weapon (as if you roll a 1 or 2 every time) on a model less equipped to take advantage of it (since we have lower strength) but at the same cost.  I feel like I could cross it off in my codex and I'd never notice its absence.

The Djinn Blade isn't really unique in that regard. More than half of the items in the section are useless. That, at least, hasn't changed since the previous Codex.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 03:05

Thanks a lot for the comments all! Updated with all the latest videos that I did.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 18:32

More videos added to the channel. Will add them in this week to the thread... can it get stickied?

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 19:33

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a jackass, but you talk way too slow for me.  Maybe you're trying to reach a non-english audience, but despite the fact you have a Dark Eldar focused Youtube channel, I can't watch any of your material because of the pacing.

It feels like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCFdWeQfA

but at times, even slower.

Also, the material is too generic and simple.  Due to this, I'm thinking your target are players unfamiliar to Dark Eldar, or for aspiring Dark Eldar players. Both of which are unappealing for a 14-year veteran of the army like myself.

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 19:47

Hi hero! Thanks for tuning into the thread. The video is of course designed to be both friendly for the newer players and veterans alike, hence the two parts to each tactica. I do talk about stuff you would already knows of course so the tactica series is not something you would benefit from as much simply because like myself ou have been true to the dark kin and a member o the hobby for years. I know you have not been super happy about the release either as per your blog posts but the positivity inherent in my videos is my own fault as I am known as a chronic optimist when it comes to the hobby!

That's for your freedback tho, I might speed up a bit so as to appeal more to folks who already know English. Smile any chance I could get a shoutout on your blog?

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 23:33

Quote :
any chance I could get a shoutout on your blog?

I'll try and remember for the next post. The content should help newer DE players for sure.

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 16:06

Thanks there HERO! I have had a lot of fun making all these vids, and folks seem to like them.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library   TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TACTICA - Dark Eldar - Video Library
Page 1 of 1