THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?

Go down 
+8
Gobsmakked
Its_Rumble
Dethric
Azdrubael
Zenotaph
Devilogical
Thor665
Skari
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? Empty
PostSubject: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 04:30

As the title suggests. 7th edition is upon us, and this is a time that I would like to get the dark cities input. I want to make a detailed tactica series of the Dark Kin and their use in 7th edition. What would you like to see? I aim to make each video about 8-12 minutes long. The floor is open to suggestions, I would like to make this as user friendly, as begginer friendly as possible, but also as meaty as possible for veterans as well.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 05:38

If it's a full video tactica you have...a lot of videos to do.

I'd say the one I see newbies and vets borking up most often is deployment - and that's certainly a good general topic regardless and with some of the changes to the way 1st turn and terrain are treated it's a good refresher for people gearing into 7th even if they were on top of things prior.

Optimal placement for target priority (and managing your shooting order) is another thing I see vets gakking up more often than they should, and eating losses because of it, and it's another very important skill for newbies to master if they want to excel with any army, much less DE.

Those would be my two votes.

Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 07:32

Can u make video about new synergy between Eldar and DE? Since BB became cooler, there`s much more tactics open to both sides.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 12:25

I really would love to see a description of each single unit type.
Maybe with suggestions of how to pair them with character models.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 12:38

First things first, deployment and pre game judgement.

Dethric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:28

Important changes from last edition and how to adapt. Like for example the new deployment rules, will they make or break us? How will the new shooting will affect us (you will most likely want to shoot short range weapons and templates first), how to handle flamer against open topped vehicles, and if this synergies with other things.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 23:57

Alternative builds to Venom Spam. Competitive lists?

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 00:37

The finer points of Kabalite-, Cult- and Coven-centric lists and their various options might be nice.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 15:28

Gobsmakked wrote:
The finer points of Kabalite-, Cult- and Coven-centric lists and their various options might be nice.

I like this idea, I play a lot of coven heavy lists and I am very familiar with skari's coven videos, but more is always better.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 16:29

Some thoughts on optimal detachments might be a good idea, thinking along the lines of using basic Force Org detachment rules for basic in-rules formations that work well as a block, and what other detachments can go well within that.
(For example, rules as is at the moment, there's nothing stopping a Baron/Hellion spam detachment allying with a Wrack-Heavy, Objective hunting Coven detachment. For example.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2014, 05:06

There is quite a lot here. I will have to categorize it.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2014, 09:40

I'd definitely vote for, pre-game setup, deployment and a video on target priority/fire order. These are two things, as Gob suggested I see people do wrong over and over again, especially deployment.

A good thing for beginners might also be a "how to win the game in the movement phase" style video, clever positioning, overloading a flank etc.

For later videos you could go over ways to build a functional army list. This would not(!) be a rundown of populer netlists but rather thoughts on how to make any army work in general. I.e. what is my gameplan, do I have ways to deal with X unit, do I have redundance, what if plan A fails?!

A video about battle brothers might be a nice addition, but I'd like the videos to focus as much on pure DE as possible.

This is everything I could think up spontaneously. Cheers
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2014, 16:33

My vote is also for pre-game setup and deployment (including reserves).

Should cover low and high density terrain situations, how you should take the mission type into account and potential changes based on the army style you are facing. For example, you'd likely want to setup completely differently for Relic than you would for Purge the Alien.. and you'd probably want to tweak that setup if you were facing an IG gunline rather than a drop pod heavy list.

Heck, just objective placement alone can be very different depending on terrain density, the list you have and the list your opponent is taking.

Those items are bar none the most important aspects of the game for us. They are hard to get "right" and done wrong you'll be playing catch up most of the game. If you're up for it I'm guessing this would be a fair bit of work... (and completely and totally appreciated!)

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01 2014, 02:42

Seems like pre.Game.set.up.is going to be a big topic.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?   What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see in a Dark Eldar Tactica Series for 7th?
Page 1 of 1