THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.  Empty
PostSubject: Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.    Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 03:43

So Urien rakarths father of pain rule counts the pfp chart as one turn higher. The haemy from the coven supplement gets a bonus from his formation with three wracks and 3 raiders that confers his master of pain ability to all coven units within 12", effectively doing the same thing as uriens father of pain rule. Everyone I speak with seems to agree that these will stack since nothing says they don't. So turn 1 you get the bonus' of turn 3 on the chart. Provided you're within 12". Thats pretty sick!!!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.    Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 07:25

40K is a permissive ruleset. The absence of a rule to prevent something does not mean you can do that thing. You need a rule that tells you that you can do it. Father of Pain is an extension to the Haemonculus Master of Pain rule and that specifically tells you what it stacks with. Anything not mentioned there, by default, does not stack. Also, the rulebook says that special rules do not stack with themselves unless specifically stated.

MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.    Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 07:41

Aye. Rules do not stack with rules of the same name unless specified.

As Urien's Father of Pain says that it extends his Master of Pain rule to nearby folks and the Haemonculus is also sending out the rule Master of Pain, you'd only get the benefit of one.

Further, the rule allows the unit to "treat the turn as 1 higher than it actually is".

So one instance of Master of Pain on Turn 1 treats it as Turn 1+1, so Turn 2. Another instance of Master of Pain checks the turn and it's Turn 1, adds 1 and now treats it as Turn 2.

The rule does not say "adds one to the turn number for Power from Pain".

Hence, no stacking unless explicitly stated.

PostSubject: Re: Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.    Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power from pain question regarding Urien, and haemy from supplement formation.
Page 1 of 1