THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do You Feel In Charge?

Go down 
+12
Brom
Siticus the Ancient
Azdrubael
Bibitybopitybacon
Thor665
Matador09
egorey
El_Jairo
Myrvn
Evil Space Elves
Creeping Darkness
Mushkilla
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Do You Feel In Charge? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 23:26

Tired of rolling Rage, Hatred and +1WS on the Dark Eldar Warlord Table? Fear no more. Put the Aberration in charge!

Aberration, agoniser - 70pts

Remember it doesn't matter who your warlord is, what matters is his plan.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 23:38

The aberration makes a convincing, if guttural argument Smile

I counter with a single Lhamean warlord, who walks on from reserve and hides behind some terrain somewhere far away from the battle. Please dedicate a unit to chasing her for the warlord point. I will be using the extra points to kill more of their friends!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 23:56

Mushkilla wrote:
Tired of rolling Rage, Hatred and +1WS on the Dark Eldar Warlord Table? Fear no more. Put the Aberration in charge!

Damn it Mush-I like where you're head's at. The change of the agonizer to a poisoned weapon is just so wrong in the big guy's giant mutilated head. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 23:58

Of I read correctly, the Lhamean (sp?) can only be the warlord if there are no characters in the army. A character must be chosen if possible.
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 00:03

Thank you Mushkilla for taking my idea to the next level. Very Happy

I was totally unaware of the fact that any model can be your warlord.
I was personally keeping it fluffy and wanted to pick Strategic Traits as I want OS troops.

But Hatred or +1 WS look really nice on the Agoniser Aberration. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 00:04

i want a talos in command - with chainflails - splinter cannon - with a chronos in his squad - KILL me now

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Matador09
Slave
Matador09

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 00:52

This idea feels really silly, but I'll try it at least once!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 01:02

Interesting, I hadn't noticed they'd removed the rules about Leadership and the Warlord.

This helps me out with my Lelith hopes too - huzzah!

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 05:26

So... why an agonizer instead of an ECW? 5 points cheaper and you're wounding most things on 2 or 3 regardless. Concussive isn't fantastic but it is included for 5 points less..
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 08:23

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
So... why an agonizer instead of an ECW? 5 points cheaper and you're wounding most things on 2 or 3 regardless. Concussive isn't fantastic but it is included for 5 points less..

Nice catch! I guess it comes down to how many wraith knights you fight. Still if you want AP3 and are short five points the electrocorosisve whip is a nice option to have. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 18:11

Quote :
So... why an agonizer instead of an ECW?
Stupid as it sounds, acothyst only.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 22:25

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :

Haha! I missed that, what the hell venom blades and electrocorrosive whips are limited to acothyst only.  Not even haemonculus can take them. That's pretty hilarious, I mean I get what GW is doing to try an simplify the armoury (ironically back to how it used to be in 3rd/4th) but some entries having access to items through the armoury, others through random additions to their entries, and finally little stars with small print. Talk about a confusing! At least Aberrations still get access to agonisers. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 22:33

Mushkilla wrote:

Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask. Excellent find, I will definitely try this out for kicks!

Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 23:11

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
Oops! My bad! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 23:18

I do this with my iyanden suncannon wraithknight. Fnp and challenge capability is just dirty. Sadly gk are now pulling that trick with dreadknights too.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 23:21

egorey wrote:
i want a talos in command - with chainflails - splinter cannon - with a chronos in his squad - KILL me now

Must be a Character.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 23:38

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
egorey wrote:

Must be a Character.

Only if you want a Warlord Trait. Otherwise any model can be a Warlord. Yes, even Steve the Guardsman.

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 00:39

BRB, Warlord:
Quote :

When choosing your army, you must nominate one model to be your Warlord. Unless specified otherwise, this must be a character model.

The only way "Steve the guardsman" could be warlord is when there are no characters in your army.
This could either happen when playing unbound or when taking formations without Characters.

If this is the case (no charackter) you can nominate ANY model but you do not receive a Warlord trait.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 00:57

Aberrations are characters, so even if you have an archon in your army the aberration can still be the warlord and gets warlord traits.

You could try to not field any characters and make a venom or talos your warlord but I think that's a bit counter productive. Smile

Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 00:59

Was not arguing that.
Someone said he would put a Talos warlord. And this is not possible within a standard game.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 01:00

Mushkilla wrote:
Bibitybopitybacon wrote:

Nice catch! I guess it comes down to how many wraith knights you fight. Still if you want AP3 and are short five points the electrocorosisve whip is a nice option to have. Very Happy

You want to fight a Wraithknight? They outrange you, can shoot with S10 and then assault, is faster than you in combat, and hits with S10, ID each one without FNP saves. Sounds like a bad idea.

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 03:37

I feel an Aberration wouldn't have much of a plan other than go forth and kill.
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 04:27

But, what warlord traits table should the aberration choose?

(I usually take tactical.)
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 09:02

HERO wrote:
You want to fight a Wraithknight?  They outrange you, can shoot with S10 and then assault, is faster than you in combat, and hits with S10, ID each one without FNP saves.  Sounds like a bad idea.

It was one of the few situations where I would see the agoniser being better than the corrosive whip (I guess against wraith guard too), and now that we realised it can't take the electrocorrosive whip it is the only option for AP3.

Are grots ideally suited for taking out wraith knights? No. But having the option to is always nice, ideally wraith knights die to poison shooting before you would want or need to commit grots, but if they don't you have the option to charge the knight and yes you will lose a few grots, but the survivors have a good chance of taking it down (although to be fair depending on the knights remaining wounds the flesh gauntlet might do better).

So to reiterate I take the agoniser for AP3 any additional bonuses (like situationally being able to take out a wraith knight) are gravy.

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 19:12

Mushkilla wrote:
HERO wrote:
You want to fight a Wraithknight?  They outrange you, can shoot with S10 and then assault, is faster than you in combat, and hits with S10, ID each one without FNP saves.  Sounds like a bad idea.

It was one of the few situations where I would see the agoniser being better than the corrosive whip (I guess against wraith guard too), and now that we realised it can't take the electrocorrosive whip it is the only option for AP3.

Are grots ideally suited for taking out wraith knights? No. But having the option to is always nice, ideally wraith knights die to poison shooting before you would want or need to commit grots, but if they don't you have the option to charge the knight and yes you will lose a few grots, but the survivors have a good chance of taking it down (although to be fair depending on the knights remaining wounds the flesh gauntlet might do better).

So to reiterate I take the agoniser for AP3 any additional bonuses (like situationally being able to take out a wraith knight) are gravy.

I'm wondering if the SH might be better on them for rending to deal with armor and 2+ saves..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Feel In Charge?   Do You Feel In Charge? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You Feel In Charge?
Page 1 of 1