THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Points Wych Cult List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slave

1000 Points Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Points Wych Cult List   1000 Points Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 23:44

HQ: Succubus (Agoniser) 100

HQ: Archon (Webway Portal, Venom, 3 Lhamaeans) 180

Tr: 10 Wyches (Shardnet/Impaler, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser, Raider w/ Dark Lance) 205

Tr: 10 Wyches (Shardnet/Impaler, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser, Raider w/ Dark Lance) 205

FA: 9 Reavers (Arena Champion w/ Agoniser) 179

HS: Talos (Twin-linked Haywire Blaster) 130

Total: 999

The Strategy: I believe I must start with half of my units on the board, so the Reavers, Talos, and a unit of Wyches will start on the board while the Succubus and Archon (forming their own unit) and the other Wyches start in reserves. The Reavers are to hit hard and hit fast in order to take out enemy elites. The Talos serves to remove the enemy heavy support with its high strength and toughness. Wyches try to take objectives, and the Succubus/Archon would likely go after the enemy warlord.

I have not had much luck building lists in the past, so any comments and criticism is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points Wych Cult List   1000 Points Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 08:49

To small a game for two HQs. Its a lot of points to sink considering the limited AT. I would consider using those points from the archon/llamas into some incubi perhaps, or another talos with a venom as FA. I think that would be a better use of points in a small game!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points Wych Cult List   1000 Points Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 03:26

Revised List:
HQ: Succubus (Agoniser) 100

Tr: 10 Wyches (Shardnet/Impaler, Gauntlets, Flails Hekatrix w/Agoniser, Raider w/ Dark Lance) 210

Tr: 9 Wyches (Gauntlets, Raider w/ Dark Lance) 155

FA: Venom 55

FA: 3 Reavers (Arena Champ w/ Agoniser) 83

HS: Talos w/ Haywire Blaster 130

HS: Cronos 100

Total: 999

Dropped the Archon in favor of a Cronos. Broke up the Reaver squad since 3 small squads can tie up more units than 1 large one. Put Succubus into the unit of 9. Grabbed a FA Venom and threw flails on the 10 wych squad with the extra 5 points.

"The time would be easy to know, for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and reveling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom." -H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points Wych Cult List   1000 Points Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 08:31

Looks good. Careful with the chronos though, it may get left behind due to its speed! Try and keep it as close to your wyches for that 4+ fnp (when you get it) boost!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points Wych Cult List   1000 Points Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 00:01

Yes I would rush the Chronos & Talos, running it through cover where tactically is opportune. They can deny sweet terrain area from you foes!

I would change all Wych Weapons to one type though, Hydras, since they are most effective with all possible drug rolls.

I'm wondering what your plan is when your opponent come all mounted (mech).
Sadly Agonisers can't hurt vehicles like in 3rd Ed Codex but at least it gained poisoned, which is typically good from 4-5+ Str.

TL,DR; see end
I'm not quite sure how you are going to play this army but with all Arena Champs toting Agon's, they kind of want to be in combat. I would like to have HL+CC in each 3 man squad. With their mobility even 3 Reaver can pose a real threat vs any vehicle.
That way you can put nasty surprises in his back field, out of his LoS but in range of rear armour... Twisted Evil
Now the opponent is posed with a dilemma: do something about a 3 Reaver unit, which is still disposable at 1k point game, AND show it's rear to your 2 DL + TL-HwB... about 1,7 HP without saves... not that great but people get scared by AP2. It CAN explode your vehicle with 1 shot... and this terror you will inflict on the poor brain of your victims .. ..
. . .
Will be priceless Very Happy

TL,DR;
Anyway, if my math is correct if you change the Agon A Champ for CC + HL it would net you 30 points to play around. 2x Night Shields to protect your Raiders?
It would allow a 2+ cover behind wall-equivalent (WEQ) terrain, without jinking ... Twisted Evil
If terrain and angel are present, of course.

I would like to hear how this list would be doing, as it is my favo fluff, Wych Cult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points Wych Cult List   1000 Points Wych Cult List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Points Wych Cult List
Page 1 of 1