THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points Empty
PostSubject: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 19:19

After a week or two of indecisiveness I've decided to collect a WWP wyche cult army, for the simple fact wyches are awesome both in rules and in model form and in fluff. So here it is:

175-Lelith Hesperax:
85-Haemonculi: wwp

30-(3)wracks:
55-venom:
30-(3)wracks:
55-venom:

165-(10)Wyches: 2 razorflails, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser
165-(10)Wyches: 2 razorflails, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser
165-(10)Wyches: 2 hydra-gauntlets, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser
165-(10)Wyches: 2 shardnets, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser

130-(5)Scourges: two haywires blasters
78-(3)Reavers: heatlance

125-Talos: ccw, chainflails
125-Talos: ccw, chainflails
100-Cronos: spirit vortex

Points total: 1811

Generaly Tacticy stuff: Bascily wracks and haemys are carriers for the wwp portals, put them where ever is best. Then the stuff comes out of the portals ect ect. the scourges will deepstrike behind tanks and stun lock them untill my wyches w/ haywires and/or reavers and/or talos come to finish them off.

I'm unsure where to drop the scourges and bring in an elite combat squad for lelith to go in.
So any constructive criticism is welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 20:36

I think the Scourges are filling a viable and needed role in your army, probably the top things I'd want to drop would be either the Cronos due to general fail, or Lelith just because, though I think she's fun as heck, her competition from the cheaper Archon is pretty sharp.

You have 39 spare points - the first thing I'm looking at is making the Chronos a Talos, and/or getting some guns on the Talos. I might feed them into a RJB unit to get something better...but it's a debate, you do want that anti-mech firepower.

Another thought is this bit of Mathammer;
Razorflails/hydra gauntlets < an additional Wych
You're taking 40 (60 with flails) points worth of weapons built to help you kill things...why not just take an extra Wych, most of the time the math works in your favor on that one (barring rolls of 5-6 on gauntlets) plus it would let you hit harder with grenades.
Back to top Go down
Aniasis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2011, 20:58

Love the WWP list. I do agree with Thor. Go all out for the 3 Talos.

I would drop Lilith and instead go for a Succubus. Beef up the RJB's to help deal with some of the AT you need.

For the Witches, it depends on the type of opponets you face. If they are dread heavy or IC heavy I would go with the Shardnets on the Witches. They go a long way for their points.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 03:51

I see what you mean about the extra wyche being better than a razor flail/hydra gauntlets but should i drop both of them or just one?
I might take a succubus if it frees me enough points to get me her a small retinue in stead of going with the hydra gaunlets wyches. or alternativly take the succubus and get some more reavers...? hmmmm. what one is better?
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 18:24

Okay new list:

85-Succubus: agoniser

85-(3)Wracks: venom
85-(3)Wracks: venom

165-(11)Wyches: razorflail, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser
165-(11)Wyches: razorflail, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser
165-(11)Wyches: hydra-gauntlets, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser
165-(10)Wyches: two shardnets, haywires, hekatrix w/ agoniser

130-(5)Scourges: two haywire blasters
156-(6)Reavers: two heatlances

130-Talos: ccw, chainflails, haywire blaster
130-Talos: ccw, chainflails, haywire blaster
100-chronos: spirit vortex

okay so i got rid of lilith and used to point to bump up one of my reaver squads, and i also gave my talos haywire blasters. Also i kept my chronos just because it all the pain tokens they will give to my wyches is worth the points and the heavy support slot it takes up. I still have 41 points left and what i was thinking of doing was giving my wracks liquifers and my venoms splinter cannons, which is a nice round 40 points, I'm unsure whether to do this or not as they are essentially suicide units. Though if they survive then the venoms and go off and shoot up some devvis or long fangs, scouts ect. and the wracks and either protect the portals from being blocked or sit on objectives. Is this list better than my last?
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 01:04

Just a small note on the Talos - if you are going to get aggressive with the portal deployment then the Talos coming out will have a variety of targets that are going to be medium to close range so from what I have experienced you can consider this idea:

As an option, switch the chain flails to a twin-linked liquifier and switch the haywire blaster to a twin-linked heat-lance.

Idea being that with all the wyches coming out of the portal you will be hard pressed to find them targets immediately out of the portal. Now although you have haywires for the wyches you will still want them in CC with infantry rather than charging a rhino or chimera. The heat-lance on the Talos will give you an extra chance to crack that transport to spill out the passengers inside. Having two Talos mean you got a decent chance to get one of them to emerge and you will be needing that kind of AT badly - haywire blaster is good but you really want to pop armor, not stun it. Thus, anything that is in heatlance range is also in the wyches charge bubble as well.

As for the twin-linked liquifier, I have found comes in more useful than the chainflails and I do love the chainflail upgrade but I have had more opportunity to kill more in the shooting phase with the template + assault versus just using the chain flail in assault. My most memorable moment is using the linked liquifier on very aggressive Blood Angels assault squad and being able to melt half of them before getting into assault was more valuable than what the chainflails 2d6 attacks could have generated. As for not having chainflails when assaulting armor, I understand your chances are better but I really haven't had a problem assaulting armor with 1d6 - so just going with the liquifier seems to me to have more utility to me.

Those are just some of my thoughts from my experiences but my main point is really about switching to the heatlance option, popping transports so the wyches can assault the passengers rather than having to assault armor. And yes, you will be close enough to armor to get the melta rule working for you (in fact I usually have a choice armor to choose from, the wwp makes a difference). Haywire blasters are nice when I elect to start a Talos on the board in a non-wwp list and I have been able to get into range on the first turn with them too.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2011, 03:31

Right I see what your saying and completely agree, this means i will have to skip out on the liquifers for the wracks and dakka for the venom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points   Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult WWP List- Cult of the Weeping Angels- 1850 points
Page 1 of 1