THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 19:50

I haven't played in over a year and just picked up the new codex and the supplement pretty recently.  After looking through them I have decided upon making this 1500pt list.  Any critiques and/or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

HQ
Haemonculus: WWP                                                                     105pts
Haemonculus: Orbs of Despair                                                      95pts

Elites
10 Wracks: 2 Ossefactors                                                             205pts
10 Wracks: 2 Ossefactors                                                             205pts
9 Wracks: Ossefactor                                                                   180pts

Transports
3 Raiders: DL, NS                                                                        225pts

Heavy Support
5 Talos: 5 Twinlinked Liquifiers, 2 Haywire Blasters, 3 Heat Lances   710pts

Strategy:
Haemonculus with WWP goes with the Talos.  They deepstrike in by the biggest threat and then proceed to move around the board killing everything.  Other Haemonculus goes with the group of 8 Wracks.  All the Wracks hang back to eventually move in and take objectives, also acting as support for the Talos by taking out lesser units.

Last edited by Gamur_Tagz on Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:04

Doesn't Covenite Fleshcorps only contain a single Haemie? That would make this an illegal list; the extra Haemie is in a Detachment of his own, without the required 2 troops (CAD) or 2nd HQ and 2 elites (Coven Detachment) to actually unlock it.

Second, MC units can't be joined by an IC, so there is no way to get the Taloi a WWP.
Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:08

Whatever you do, never ever ever EVER use the Orbs of Dispair.
You might really want to re-read their entry in the playthings subsection No
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:28

DingK wrote:
Doesn't Covenite Fleshcorps only contain a single Haemie? That would make this an illegal list; the extra Haemie is in a Detachment of his own, without the required 2 troops (CAD) or 2nd HQ and 2 elites (Coven Detachment) to actually unlock it.

Second, MC units can't be joined by an IC, so there is no way to get the Taloi a WWP.

Sorry, still getting used to the new rules and the new codex. Which formation do you think is the most effective?
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:32

skullmonkeyz wrote:
Whatever you do, never ever ever EVER use the Orbs of Dispair.
You might really want to re-read their entry in the playthings subsection No
Yea you're right. Maybe I should use Syndriq's Sump and a flesh gauntlet?
Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:36

I feel the sump is all in all one of the better relics, it's cheap and highly versatile. If you have the points, i don't think you can go wrong with it.

Flesh gauntlets are nice, scissorhands seem to be very popular as well, depending on what you're more likely to face.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:38

Gamur_Tagz wrote:

Sorry, still getting used to the new rules and the new codex.  Which formation do you think is the most effective?

No idea yet, have only got one game in and that was using my old 1K list.

All the formations have their strengths and weakness, obviously. If you really want to limit yourself to building your list from formations, try sizing down the Wrack units and adding in a Scalpel Squadron.

I would, however, recommend to build your list from either a CAD or a Coven Detachment and adding to that with a Formation.
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:40

DingK wrote:
Gamur_Tagz wrote:

Sorry, still getting used to the new rules and the new codex.  Which formation do you think is the most effective?

I would, however, recommend to build your list from either a CAD or a Coven Detachment and adding to that with a Formation.

Does this mean that I should just use a regular detachment of Coven units and add in a formation?
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:43

Gamur_Tagz wrote:
DingK wrote:
Gamur_Tagz wrote:

Does this mean that I should just use a regular detachment of Coven units and add in a formation?

That's what I meant, yes. The Corpsethief is an obvious choice because it provides you with an otherwise illegal unit, but all formations have certain boons. They need to mesh with the rest of your army and strategy, so that's my reason behind this way of army composition.
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 20:48

DingK wrote:
Gamur_Tagz wrote:
DingK wrote:
Gamur_Tagz wrote:

That's what I meant, yes. The Corpsethief is an obvious choice because it provides you with an otherwise illegal unit, but all formations have certain boons. They need to mesh with the rest of your army and strategy, so that's my reason behind this way of army composition.

Ok that makes sense. So if i was to use the Scalpel Squadron am I limited to only using to units of Wracks for my entire army? Or are the two groups of wracks just compulsory for the formation and then I can add more if need be?
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 21:15

Gamur_Tagz wrote:

Ok that makes sense.  So if i was to use the Scalpel Squadron am I limited to only using to units of Wracks for my entire army?  Or are the two groups of wracks just compulsory for the formation and then I can add more if need be?

Scalpel Squadron is two units of Wracks, both with Venom DTs.

What you take outside of a formation, is completely up to you. If it's a Coven Detachment, any of the choices listed in the supplement is allowed: Urien, Haemie, Wracks, Grots, Talos, Cronos. A formation's restrictions cannot apply to units OUTSIDE of that formation.
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 22:05

DingK wrote:
Gamur_Tagz wrote:

Ok that makes sense.  So if i was to use the Scalpel Squadron am I limited to only using to units of Wracks for my entire army?  Or are the two groups of wracks just compulsory for the formation and then I can add more if need be?

Scalpel Squadron is two units of Wracks, both with Venom DTs.

What you take outside of a formation, is completely up to you. If it's a Coven Detachment, any of the choices listed in the supplement is allowed: Urien, Haemie, Wracks, Grots, Talos, Cronos. A formation's restrictions cannot apply to units OUTSIDE of that formation.
Ok thanks for clearing this up for me. List making should be a lot easier now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List   1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt Coven Corpsethief Claw and Covenite Fleshcorps List
Page 1 of 1