THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

*Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
coffeeslinger07
Slave
coffeeslinger07

*Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List Empty
PostSubject: *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List   *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2014, 13:27

***Updated List below***

So I have read the new Dark Eldar Codex Several times now and I still have mixed feelings about it... Anyways I have thrown what I believe to be a good list together for a local tournament next weekend.  Included are the better choices of DE from the new codex and Eldar allies to fill in the large gaps...  Please leave me feedback so I can have a solid list for next Saturday.  

Archon
Shadowfield, Blaster, WWP
4x fire dragons, Exarch w/ fusion gun and fast shot
Raider, Dark lance, retrofire jets

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive
8x Banshees
Raider, Disintegrator

Eldrad Ulthran
-within a Wave Serpent, TLSL, SC, Holo-fields
-rolling on Guide, Doom, Fortune (#1 priority is Guide on my Warwalker Squadron for AT and AA)

2x5 Kabolite Warriors, blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannons
1x5 Dire Avengers, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannons
1x5 Dire Avengers, Wave Serpent, TLSL, SC, Holo-fields

1x Razorwing Fighter, 2 Dark Lances, 4 Monoscythe Missiles

1x Ravager, 2 Dark Lances, 1 Disintegrator
1x3 War walkers w/ dual Brightlances (6!)

The plan is to deploy the 3 venoms, 2 wave serpents, ravager, and 3 war walkers as my moving fire base.  The assault Raider consisting of the Succubus and Banshees will hide behind cover as it slowly creeps forward until the time is right to strike.  The Archon and fire dragons will deep strike (in the category of reserves) via WWP behind the enemy's strongest Mech Unit or Tank, destroying It and then roaming the field for the 2nd most important vehicle to destroy.  The Razorwing will come in as reserves as well targeting first any potential enemy flyer and then Mech/Armor.  Eldrad will be situationally casting psychic abilities, with Guide on the Warwalkers 6 Brightlance shots as #1 priority.

Last edited by coffeeslinger07 on Mon Oct 20 2014, 12:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List   *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2014, 18:46

This list is all over the place with no real focus and a lot of 1 of everything syndrome. It also suffers from too many points and not enough bodies.

Drop all CC elements, double up on everything but fire dragons and give them a WS.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List   *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 00:24

Alot of what Hero said. You can do a CC bomb with grotesques...they rock socks and if you really want some cc get reavers. If all that you are going for is guide, dont take Easy E, he is a massive point sink for what you are looking for, plus he cant cast guide from within a transport anyhow.

THis is what I would do, keeping the spirit of your list:
Turn the firedragons into Wraithguard....no raider.
Keep Easy E and he hangs with them and the archon for LoLz.
Ditch the banshees (they still suck with an assualt vehichle ....S3...) and that crew.
Moar razorwings
Reavers
Second DA need a serpent.
Do you have a wraith knight?
Two ravangers are better than one.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List   *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 00:29

Remeber the most important thing in a DE army is the alpha strike. You HAVE to make a BIG first impression or the wheels come flying off the bus. If you have two serpents, and two ravangers you have a better alpha. Two venoms are ok, but they are massive first blood bait, its better to have 4 or more.

You need a montain of dice the first few turns. Turn one can be clutch, destroy that stalker or gut the broadsides. Without a killer first punch you will be on the ropes fighting uphill against Mike Tyson with enflammed nuts.
Back to top Go down
coffeeslinger07
Slave
coffeeslinger07

PostSubject: Re: *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List   *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 12:14

Thank you guys (especially Hannibal.Lector) for critiquing my first list. So I changed up my list from said advice and from some research that I did online. I came up with the following so let me know what you think:

Archon (Warlord) Huskblade, Blaster pistol, Shadowfield, and WWP (175 points)
5x Wraith Guard (question here D-Scythe for the Deepstrike WWP or Wraithcannons??)

2x5 Kabolite warriors in Venoms w/ 2x splinter cannons
2x5 DA in Wave Serpents w/ TLSL, SC, and Holo-fields

Haemonculus (bare bone for now unless I can find points; primarily for the +1 FNP level)
Farseer w/ runes of warding and a singing Spear
1 Aberration 2x Flesh Gauntlets
3x Grotesques (1 w/ Liquifier Gun)
Raider, disintegrator cannon, enhanced aethersails, night shields

2x Talos, Twin-Linked Haywire Blasters and CC weapon (will be the center of my line)
1x Ravager, w/ 2 Dark lances, 1 Disintegrator, and night shield
1x Razorwing Jetfighter, 2 Dark lances, 4x Monoscythe missiles

So what do you think of this List?!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List   *Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Updated* 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Local Tournament Scene List
Page 1 of 1