THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RaidBoss
Slave
RaidBoss

1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 03:32

Hey guys,

Made this list for an upcoming tournament and its looking like its going to be a competitive one. So I've made this list hoping it too is competitive to try place well in the tournament Very Happy

TL;DR: I would like Comments and Criticisms Razz

LIST:

Dark Eldar CAD:

HQ

Archon (Warlord) (135 Points)
- Shadow Field, WWP.

TROOPS

Kabalite Warriors (115 Points)
- Sybarite and 4 warriors.
- Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons.

FAST ATTACK

Reaver Jetbikes (189 Points)
- 9 Reavers, w/ 3 cluster caltrops.

Scourges (120 Points)
- 5 Scourges w/ 4 Haywire Blasters.

Scourges (120 Points)
- 5 Scourges w/ 4 Haywire Blasters.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager (125 Points)
- 3 Dark Lances.

Ravager (125 Points)
- 3 Dark Lances.

Eldar Allies:

HQ

Autarch (130 Points)
- Banshee Mask, Eldar Jetbike, Shard of Anaris.

ELITES

Wraithguard (160 Points)
- 5 Wraithcannons.

TROOPS

Windrider Jetbikes (102 Points)
- 6 Jetbikes.

FAST ATTACK

Crimson Hunter (160 Points)
- Pulse Laser and 2 Bright Lances.

Basic plan is to attach the Archon to the wraithguard and hold them in reserve along with the scourges and Crimson Hunter (plan is to get them in the right-ish place on turn two with the Autarchs reserve modifier) And have the Autarch attached to the Reavers because he is a B.O.S.S making them fearless with the "shard" and the reavers giving hit and run for caltrops. Everything else will be deployed accordingly Depending on my opponents army.

Venoms and windriders are there to open up on infantry and speed for objectives (and drop warriors on covered objectives and head to others) Ravagers, Scourges and the wraithguard will open up High armoured tagets and transports, while the Autarch and reavers aim to tie up any nasty enemy units for as long as possible hit and running out after every enemy assault phase to cause as much damage with clatrops as possible.

Questions - ask them Very Happy

Critisisms - Let me know them Very Happy

Please Razz

Cheers guys

Last edited by RaidBoss on Wed Dec 03 2014, 03:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 04:48

you have those sybarites for 9 ld you think its worty the points? and if you can give the archon a blasters he is bs 7
Back to top Go down
RaidBoss
Slave
RaidBoss

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 05:02

Do you think I should Drop the Sybarites and add blasters to those venom squads to make them more multi-purpose?

And I can see that the archon having a blaster would be more worth rahter than just having him "tanking".
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 06:37

with you use the kabalite to sit on cover the sybarite can be good but i dont think it will make that diference anything that shoot at 5 kabalites will clean then. i think this point can be better use in other parte of the list or like you say blaster for then and go around shooting things like tanks or terminator they love blasters =). and if you take out the sybarites but a blaster to your archon its better with him than with a kabalite
Back to top Go down
RaidBoss
Slave
RaidBoss

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 07:45

So I've changed the above list and the changes are:

- Each Kabalite warrior squad lost its Sybarite and gained a blaster warrior.

leaving me with 4 points so 1846/1850.

Back to top Go down
Izathel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 14:19

I would consider splitting the Windrider Jetbikes into two squads so that you have even more ability to steal objectives. I also think you can probably just leave the Autarch with nothing but a jetbike and just keep him either and one squad of jetbikes off the board as long as possible. I don't think that running him with Reavers adds much - Fearless is a thing, but I don't think giving them fake grenades is all that useful (unlike regular grenades, it doesn't let them strike first) and I don't think they are going to be taking morale tests all that often.

For the Wraithguard, I'm not sure that unit makes a lot of sense. I think that if you plan to do a WWP drop you want D-Scythes or you are likely facing down cover saves once you land. But without a transport, that unit would be stranded after its drop. The Wraithcannon set suffers less from being stranded, but gains much, much less from a WWP. Have you considered just giving them a Raider instead? That also may well give you shots on turn 1.

I'd try to find points for Night Shields on the Ravagers - I'm not the biggest fan of Ravagers these days, but they are definitely expensive enough that trying to keep them alive is probably worth it. And while you probably aren't Jinking with them, you are probably trying to give them some kind of cover. That's actually my biggest issue with them compared to the greatly buffed Scourges or Reavers as anti-armor; the light armor makes you want to keep them in cover, but the position of the guns makes that impractical and they aren't Twin-Linked and are only single shot, so Jinking is too heavy a price to pay.
Back to top Go down
RaidBoss
Slave
RaidBoss

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 20:51

My only gripe about splitting the jet-bikes is I think in 3's they are far to squishy to make run off the board.  But am considering it none the less.

As for the Autarch making the jet-bikes fearless, I see the point of thinking it's a waste but I won't be 'hit and running' until the end of the enemy's assault phase so in my mind Im thinking:
A) I should have some kill ability in the squad because I'm locked for 2 assault phases before I can leave. (making it possible to take out a few more enemies out before Hit and running) and,
B) With fearless I am guaranteed not to run even if I lose the combat making my caltrops and vanes ready to charge in again the (my) turn after they 'hit and run'.

Basically the Wraithguard are a bit 'meh' (though they are a toughness 6 bullet magnet to save the rest of my force some fire with a 2++ standing at the front and majority T6) and I have considered dropping them for either a Court or Incubi instead.  Though dropping them right behind a vindicator, land raider or equivalents or even TEQ could be nasty IMO. I just really don't like the flamers as much as the cannons. Maybe I should invest in fire dragons here?
I don't know food for thought. Opinions?

I'm thinking about dropping the ravagers in total in favor of more scourge squads but I don't know if this is a good thing to do as the ravagers do draw a lot of attention away from the rest of my army and are alot less squishy at times in a lot of my games.
What's everyone's opinions here?

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.   1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark Eldar + Eldar Allies. (For Tournament) C&C please.
Page 1 of 1