THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Negative leadership bubble?

Go down 
+4
Azdrubael
Lord Abraxsas
Its_Rumble
Mth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mth
Hellion
Mth

Negative leadership bubble?  Empty
PostSubject: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2014, 02:08

So I'm back again with another idea and or question. Anyway I was reading a forum with a leadership bubble idea forgot who but credit to them. It got me thinking you could take the armour of misery and th archangel of pain ( on different characters) and have freakish spectacle on anyone for the supplement. That's a -5 ld right there. Yeah I know that it won't work against Marie's but anyone else who is squishy it will work quite well. Please tell me what you think

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2014, 04:40

Don't forget about the Kabalite Stormsurge formation either. We're talking about another -4 LD with a no scatter DS 1 archon 3 warriors/trueborn in raiders and 9 reavers.
Back to top Go down
Lord Abraxsas
Slave
Lord Abraxsas

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 19:11

About this- the kabalite stormsurge- can you attach an haemonculus to one kabalite squad Prior the deepstrike and let him DS T1 with the others or this will break the formation?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 20:52

Quote :
Don't forget about the Kabalite Stormsurge formation either.

Inst it Apocalypse Formation?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 22:37

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
Don't forget about the Kabalite Stormsurge formation either.

Inst it Apocalypse Formation?

Yes
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 03:00

Yeah, right now, I think apoc is the only place you can field that formation. It's a shame, really, because if that was a 40k formation, it'd probably be the best one we had(going purely from memory).
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 15:43

out of curiosity is there actually a rule saying you can field it? and where is the rule? I gues syou can say apoc is a different game....
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 18:16

barenone wrote:
out of curiosity is there actually a rule saying you can field it? and where is the rule?  I gues syou can say apoc is a different game....

No, there isn't a rule that let's you field it in 40k, as far as I can tell. The confusion, however, is that the core rulebook for 40k doesn't BAR you from taking apoc formations as far as I know.

But you're right. Apoc is widely considered a different game, so the prevailing opinion, so far as I'm aware, has been that you can't use Apoc formations in games of 40k. I would absolutely LOVE to hear otherwise here, but I don't expect it to happen.

It really is confusing though, since even the Apoc book itself says "Warhammer 40,000".
Back to top Go down
Tame
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 23:25

Ignoring the Apoc formation for a moment because I don't have Apoc... I don't think the idea is very competitive, but a DE list based on leadership debuffs could be fun... if paired with Eldar.

Consider:

• Take a formation from Haemonculus Coven with Freakish Spectacle. Grotesquerie could be nice, it's going to be annoying to kill and could be DS'ed in the enemy's face with some WWPs.
  • Take Armor of Misery on a character in Dark Eldar detachment
  • Take a Farseer and have him draw from Telepathy. You're bound to get a few nice powers that either apply a -1 leadership to a unit (Terrify) or something preventing a unit to do anything if they don't pass a leadership test (Dominate) and the primary allows you to stack lots of wounds that ignore armor and cover saves thanks to the Leadership debuffs (Psychic Shriek)
  • Why stop there ? Take a couple Hemlock Wraithfighters maybe, to apply more Terrify and force re-rolls of Morale & Pinning tests
  • Speaking of Pinning, take your pick in our cousins arsenal to benefit even more from failed leadership tests : Diresword, Reaper/Eldar Missile Launcher, Spinneret Rifle, Doomweaver, Vibro Cannon, and of course... Serpent Shield
  • Fill in the blanks
  • For extra fun, take a Spiritseer and hope to get Horrify psychic power (-3 Ld!)
Back to top Go down
http://yetanotherdarkeldar.blogspot.com/
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 01:10

Yeah, I've made the lists based on leadership debuffs. It was actually easier BEFORE our new codex, because we could put negative leadership debuffs on all of our vehicles for 5 points each.

Now, in order to stack them up, you basically have to be able to take at least 3 detachments, which knocks you out of contention for most big tournaments already, since they typically limit it to 2. But assuming the competitive landscape changes and you COULD do that, it still ends up being extremely expensive and impractical, preventing you from getting necessary competitive elements in your list, such as anti-tank.

Oh, but the apoc formation would change that. If we were allowed to take the apoc formation in 40k, it could actually be a legitimate, useful formation that would serve DE very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negative leadership bubble?    Negative leadership bubble?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negative leadership bubble?
Page 1 of 1