THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Potential Newcomer to DE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Helequin
Slave
Helequin

Potential Newcomer to DE Empty
PostSubject: Potential Newcomer to DE   Potential Newcomer to DE I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 14:54

Hi all!

I've been playing 40K as Dark Angels since 3rd, but have been slowly falling out of the hobby since their 5th edition book landed. In truth, Fantasy Battle is more my type of game as I really enjoy the subtle strategy of movement and having many, many options of how to move approach a battle even using the exact same list. But, none of my friends like Fantasy and are more in the hobby to roll dice and see things explode. So it seems if I want to play with them, it's 40k.

I'm trying to recapture reasons I like Fantasy in a 40K army, rather than the bogged down, predictable (other than the dice) feel 40K has so often had for me. Dark Eldar seem like the perfect candidate to revive the fun.

I do mostly play just with my friends, and I don't have a nearby games store to really do that often. Part of me has hesitated and wondered if DE are too glassy for repeat matches all the time, but I'll work that oud.

I'll admit, I also considered Necrons, but the draw of the Kabal and the Cults is too strong! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Potential Newcomer to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Newcomer to DE   Potential Newcomer to DE I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 15:29

40k doesn't have subtle strategy, but 7th certainly put maneuver back into he game more than 6th.
I would say always play Maelstrom of War missions if your goal is fun and to have strategy, fun, and unpredictable as part of the game.
Back to top Go down

Potential Newcomer to DE
Page 1 of 1