THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
exsanguis
Slave
exsanguis

Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List   Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 08:04

Hi everyone!

Newly converted Dark Eldar player here. I've jumped ship from IG and Space Marines in order to sate my darker desires. This is my first list, and I plan on expanding it some more in order to run a full Coven list someday. Your C&C are desired, no matter how harsh!

HQ - Succubus
Archite Glaive, Haywire Grenades
ELITES - Incubi x4
Klaivex
TRANSPORT - Venom
2x Splinter Cannons
I love the idea of a Succubus getting to grips with the enemies commander ASAP and spitting them on her halberd! And Incubi are probably my favorite DE unit of all. Why not marry them up and take names? Should this unit be deep striked behind enemy lines or gun up using cover?

TROOPS - 3x Kabalite Warriors (10)
Splinter Cannon
TRANSPORT - 3x Raiders
Night Shields, Splinter Racks, Dark Lances
Pretty stock standard? Plink away at range with the DL's, and then hopefully butcher some infantry with the splinter weapons or jink on top of an objective with the night shields.

FAST ATTACK - 2x Razorwing Jetfighters
2x Dark Lances, Night Shields, 4x Shatterfield Missiles
Oh man I love these models, and the units themselves! I'm just not sure about the missiles. Should I save 20 points by dropping them and sticking with the Monoscythes? At least with the Shatterfield's you can conceivably hurt light armour.
FAST ATTACK - 2x Scourges (5)
4x Haywire Blasters
Very nearly reason enough to get into playing DE. I love these guys. Is it worth making one unit Heat Lances or Dark Lances? The Haywire Blasters just seem so efficient to me for their cost!

HEAVY SUPPORT - Voidraven Bomber
Night Shields
One of the most beautiful models GW have ever released. How could I not include it? Are any of the missiles worth including, or just stick with the mine and then lance things?

FORMATION - Grotesquerie
Haemonculus
Webway Portal, Panacea Perverted, The Nightmare Doll, Scissorhands
Is this guy to expensive? He brings plenty of buffs, and isn't a slacker in close combat. But after playing with the Shield Eternal for so long, I always worry about HQ's without invlulnerables or Eternal Warrior...
Talos
Twin-linked Heat Lance, Chain-flails
Wasn't sure what ranged weapon to give this fella. I figured since they're deep striking, the melta rule would make sense (or is that the Space Marine in me talking?).
Cronos
Spirit Probe

TOTAL - 2000

2000 points on the dot! It has everything I want in it, short of some more Venoms and Wracks, but still very happy with it overall. Hopefully there's nothing SERIOUSLY wrong with it. Bare in mind it's for mainly casual use, so I don't need it to be tourney competitive.

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List   Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 12:45

Welcome! Yes its a great start there! You have the skeleton ready and looks like you know how to flesh it out! I have a few little pointers that i would consider, again not wanting to make a crazy competitive list, I'm not about that, its about fun!

HQ: Haywires are a nice add on, but one potential to glance something can be a bit redundant. In the old dex they were great because you could take 5 and wreck anything first turn of assault. I would try and get something like the armour of Misery on the Succubus. It gives you the save that she is missing if she gets shot and the leadership buff will be great for sweeping advances.

Incubi: Im with you. One of my favorites. Deepstriking them maybe, personally I like to have them on the board early and get them into a position out of LoS where they can jump on something if they need to, I've deep-struck (right?) them a few times and they have either miss-happed or been torn apart by shooting next turn!

Kabalites: Gunboat build is good. Now I might be tempted to give the warriors a bit of versatility and give them a blaster in stead of the cannon. The Salvo rule hurts on infantry. Then perhaps stick to disintergrators. It Gives the warriors a great way of dealing with TEQ/MEQ and wiping with them.  You will probably be wanting to get into rapid fire with the warriors anyway to make use and I personally like to leave nothing left to shoot back once Ive shot with them!

Scourges: Heatlance can be good but not on Scourges in my opinion. To costly a unit to throw into the "Danger Zone" needed to get that melta rule. 2 lots of 4 heatlances are good at wrecking vehicles, Especially as Vehicles are so god damn resilient now, getting so many auto glances are great!

VoidChicken Bomber: Lovely model. Don't know what they were thinking when they made a fully functioning one cost more than a land raider. I would keep it vanilla if you want to use it. Simply too expensive to be effective if you give it missiles.

Haemocules looks a little tooled up to me. I think you mean Dark Artisan? Talos/Chronos/Haemmy combo. Don't worry about the instant death, with a majority toughness 7 in that unit its not going to be a problem really.

But all in all, looks like a fun list to me!
Back to top Go down
exsanguis
Slave
exsanguis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List   Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 23:52

Had a fiddle with it again after all the C&C I've received from here and Warseer, and this is what I've come up with:
HQ - Succubus
Archite Glaive, Armour of Misery
ELITES - Incubi x4
Klaivex
TRANSPORT - Venom
2x Splinter Cannons

TROOPS - 3x Kabalite Warriors (10)
Blaster
TRANSPORT - 3x Raiders
Night Shields, Splinter Racks

FAST ATTACK - 1x Razorwing Jetfighter
2x Dark Lances, Night Shields
FAST ATTACK - 2x Scourges (5)
4x Haywire Blasters
FAST ATTACK - 6x Reaver Jetbikes
2x Cluster Caltrops, 2x Blasters
Blasters or Heat Lances? I also have 44 points left over, so could put an Arena Champion in here with a CC weapon for more melee punch?

HEAVY SUPPORT - Voidraven Bomber
Night Shields

FORMATION - Dark Artisan
Haemonculus (WARLORD)
Webway Portal, Panacea Perverted, The Nightmare Doll, Scissorhands, The Vexator Mask
Talos
Ichor Injector
Cronos
Spirit Probe

TOTAL - 1956

So, 44 points left over. I've gone back to 3x 10 Kabalite Warriors and Raiders, and added the Reavers. I contemplated dropping one unit of Scourges for a Ravager with Dark Lances. I also dropped Scalpel Squadron, and will save that for a pure Coven list where I can include two of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List   Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Newcomer - 2k List
Page 1 of 1