THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal

Go down 
+8
darthken239
Tengu
Panic_Puppet
Vorenus
Azdrubael
DEfan
Fidra
Emperorbass
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Emperorbass
Slave

Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal Empty
PostSubject: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 02:28

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2014/09/29/meat-meta-ramifications-chapterhouse/

Shall we discuss?

I only realized recently that the Grimnar model that the Wolves got is a reverse release to Vect: a leader model added to the range to update an older model and give him a vehicle. Pretty much reverse to what happened to Vect, who should've had a new model and possibly bits to add to a ravager to make it the dias. [I for one have never liked the Wolves and this release especially annoys me since they seem to be getting special treatment, as per usual. But that isn't the point of this post.]

I do wonder at times, what things would be like now if Chapterhouse hadn't been stupid enough to blatantly name their products after GW's stuff - even if they were filling holes in the range. Surely giving the models different names would've kept things clean enough for the legal department of GW?

On the Waaagh forum, there was a link to this petition to GW: http://www.change.org/p/games-workshop-limited-refocus-your-business-model-on-the-sale-of-a-game-and-support-of-a-gaming-community-vice-the-pure-sale-of-collectible-miniatures?share_id=UsWfLDaSvE&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition# and while I personally don't think it'll have an impact, I signed it just because. People say that things won't change until the 'Yes Men and the Dark Lord Kriby himself' are out of GW, but who knows how long that will take? How long will we, the customer base, have to suffer incompetence? It's not like we can speed it along with a vindicate bullet and whatnot.

I'm a fan of Chaos Marines as well, and if you go over to the Chaos portion of bolter and chainsword, you'll see alot of wailing and gnashing of teeth at how Chaos got the shaft in the recent codex. It seems that after a certain point, the 'villain' armies started being made weaker? Why? Was it so some snot-nosed pre-teen brat [could who may not even stay with the game for very long] could play and win constantly against the bad-guys while using Space Marines?

Anyway, not sure if this is meant to just be a venting thread and whatnot, but I more or less wish to facilitate discussion. We're the customer base, people, we're GW's 99%, we shouldn't be sitting back and just letting them do this.
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 04:30

Wasn't aware that utter tosspot Kirby has finally decided to step down from his throne of inanity. In his grim darkness of a far future, there was only ineptitude.

I think Chaos has been getting the shaft for a while now, I've vowed never to return to that army. It's Chinatown over there.

Anyway, yeah, happy to have a vent and sign the petition. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it at least shows the blighters that, yes , believe it or not there is a way to pitch a product that is both marketable and pleasing to the loyal fanbase that has frankly been taking hits on the chin for too long now.

The Age of the Dreadknight is finally at an end... or so we hope.

Last edited by Fidra on Sun Oct 26 2014, 04:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 04:38

Wasn't aware that utter tosspot Kirby has finally decided to step down from his throne of inanity. In his grim darkness of a far future, there was only ineptitude.

I think Chaos has been getting the shaft for a while now, I've vowed never to return to that army. It's Chinatown over there.

Anyway, yeah, happy to have a vent and sign the petition. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it at least shows the blighters that, yes , believe it or not there is a way to pitch a product that is both marketable and pleasing to the loyal fanbase that has frankly been taking hits on the chin for too long now.

The Age of the Dreadknight is finally at an end... or so we hope.

Emperorbass wrote:
Was it so some snot-nosed pre-teen brat [could who may not even stay with the game for very long] could play and win constantly against the bad-guys while using Space Marines?

I couldn't agree with this more. I've never believed WHFB/40k were child-friendly (that being said, I got into it when I was about 12 and it was heavy on the grimdark back then), and I find the way things have been tailored to suit a kid-friendly, family-friendly state of mind just makes me ill. (The previous DE codex was an absolute diamond in the rough, though.)

I won't rest till they release those cult legion codices we were promised!!!

(EDIT: Just realised I double posted somehow... If a mod could take one down that would be fab. Sorry!)
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 06:52

I wonder if Vect will see a White Dwarf release, like the Looted Wagon, at some point in the future? I never fielded Vect in a competitieve game before, due to his cost, but appreciated him as an option for fluff games.
Totally agree about the Grimnar model. I picked up my galaxy of war book (maybe for the first time?) and thumbed through it for DE pix. 3 pages... that's all. Then I thumbed through the marine section. It is like 70% of the book.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 07:35

Quote :
I wonder if Vect will see a White Dwarf release
I think he will see its release in 40k version of End Times, when Commoragh will be swept by demons and he will lead last Eternal Raid.

Vorenus
Slave
Vorenus

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 10:26

Thanks for posting the link to that petition. I signed it. Although I am relatively new to the Dark City forum, I have been a player of WH40K for many years. And even before that I thoroughly enjoyed reading the fiction set in the WH40K universe. I want this game to be the best wargame in the market, but lately it is not as fun as it was as recently as early 6th edition. I feel that the fast pace of new supplements and the bland nature of the new 7th ed. codexes (codices?), including our humble DE Codex, has been detrimental to the fun. The game is nowhere near as immersive as it was, the focus is less about tactics vs. the new "invisible deathstar unit", and the new codexes lack the distinctive art and background material that I used to peruse for hours at a time (not to mention removing time-honored units like Vect, etc.). I could go on, but I doubt I have anything new or original to say about this trend, others have vented their spleen far more articulately (and pervasively) than I. I'll conclude by saying that I'm not about to leave the hobby anytime soon, but I definitely am enjoying it much less than I did as recently as last year, and I want the game to recapture the magic it has lost.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 11:02

I called this a while back... I reckoned one of two things would happen. Either Vect would be killed off in the fluff, with us getting advancement of the fluff as the remaining Archons struggle for control in the resultant power vacuum, or we'd see a release of Vect on the Dais of Destruction, and an accompanying dataslate. Given that he's still in the codex, the latter seems like the most likely approach. We'll at some point see the release of a Vect on Dais model, with the rules, and he'll occupy a Lord Of War slot. I'd even hazard a guess that he'd be a dual-warlord-trait guy, with Labyrinthine Cunning and Tower of Arrogance.

Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 21:39

If Vect dies we might as well all sign up for Chaos.
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 08:17

i was hoping they'd finally do away with the raider type dias ( and the obscene amount of points for it) and put him on some sort of skimming chariot, similiar to the necron one.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 09:21

darthken239 wrote:
i was hoping  they'd finally do away with the raider type dias ( and the obscene amount of points for it)  and put him on some sort of  skimming chariot, similiar to the necron one.

Apologies in advance for this but...

D-A-I-S

Sorry. Just winds me up. Crying or Very sad

clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 00:44

When people type dias, I always wonder if they are meaning that vect pwn'd Zeus and was riding him around for fun.

I think an awesome Christmas would be if they released vect on a chariot pulled by khymeras. Just add a bit of red paint on the nose of the first one and you have a real nightmare before Christmas.

Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 13:59

Well with the New Nid model coming out with a white dwarf release. I do forsee a change in GW. If they continue this path (A warmahordes path), then I can see this game finally moving in the right direction with model releases. Now all we need is balance FAQs
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 15:09

Tengu wrote:
If Vect dies we might as well all sign up for Chaos.

pain engine with mark or nurgle, woot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal   Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meat for Meta Article about Vect's Removal
Page 1 of 1