THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

they took down the article I was using as a guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

they took down the article I was using as a guide Empty
PostSubject: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 14:46

Hi guys.

for some reason GW took down the 2 articles I was using as a baseline for my models. 1 was how to paint a raider and the other was 2 wych paint schemes and like 3 or 4 warrior schemes with step by steps for each.

I realize for some of the more advanced painters this isnt a big deal, but for the guys on the other end of painting ability these were very valuable. I tried using the wayback machine to see if they were archived but no luck.

Any help or if someone has an archive that would be awesome.

Heres the link which now takes you right to the main page.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440170a&categoryId=400036&section=&pIndex=3&aId=12400034a&start=4&multiPageMode=true
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 14:52

I don't see any articles up there now which are like you mentioned.

What might be helpful to us is to describe what you have in mind so we can give you some pointers/aide in moving forward.

they took down the article I was using as a guide Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 15:55

I noticed it myself yesterday. I used bits and pieces from the different schemes. Like flayed skin and other small details.
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 16:30

The one was a step by step for painting a raider. I actually used that color scheme in my army. Like step on for the grillwork was basecoat black, then tin bitz, then dwarf bronze then wash with delvan mud. etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Gaston Garcon
Hellion
Gaston Garcon

PostSubject: Re: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 19:07

I tried http://web.archive.org , but they didn´t have it either. Otherwise, thats a great link when looking for older webpages.

Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 20:38

It seems they took down all the painting guides
Back to top Go down
Oxidius Lunarius
Slave

PostSubject: Re: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10 2012, 22:16

Hello, I too was going to use that paint scheme, but have now been forced to strike out alone into uncharted painting territory.

However, I did record stage 1 if it is any help to you and others.

Armour - Basecoat Necron Abyss
Flayed Skin - Basecoat Tallarn Flesh
Bodysuit - Basecoat Choas Black
Rifle casing - Basecoat Chaos Black
Rifle detail - Basecoat Tin Bitz
Metal - Basecoat Boltgun
Green Detail - Basecoat Dark Angels Green
Bone - Basecoat Scorched Brown

From my own experimentation the armour highlights seem to be Regal followed by Enchanted with an Ice Blue highlight.
Rifle casing highlighted with codex grey
And Green Detail which i'm working on tonight might be snot followed by scorpion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: they took down the article I was using as a guide   they took down the article I was using as a guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

they took down the article I was using as a guide
Page 1 of 1