THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve
Slave
Steve

My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 01:58

Hey folks, would love some opinions on my 1500pts list I recently put together. I know it's not super competitive but fun and fluffy is what I'm going for!

Wanted a hard hitting all comers list full of raiders and ravagers. Many of the unit choices are based on fluff for the Kabal of the Flayed Skull which is what I Shall be painting them as.

+HQ+
-Archon
Blaster, WWP

(Goes in the Blasterborn squad)

+ELITES+
-5 Trueborn
4x Blaster
-Raider
Dark Lance, Nightshields

+TROOPS+
-10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
-Raider
Disintegrator, Nightshields, Splinter Racks

-10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
-Raider

-10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
-Raider

+FAST ATTACK+
-5 Scourges
4x Haywire Blasters

-Razorwing
Dark Lance, Monoscythe missiles

+HEAVY SUPPORT+
-Voidraven
Void Scythes, Void Mines

-Ravager
3x Dark Lance

-Ravager
3x Disintegrators
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 02:27

Pretty solid list for a first timer! You are clearly going for shooting list and your choices work well together.
Question: Do you have a ton of 2+ armor saves in your local gaming meta? It seems that you have a ton of Disintegrators/Void Sythes and not that many DL shots. If you do your list is perfect. If you run into a ton of armor you might have issues cracking it open.

If you did decide to add some DL love, I would drop the Voidraven in favor of a second Razorwing to get the points you would need to upgrade the disintegrators.

As it stands, I think your list would be fun to play and pretty balanced as is Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Steve
Slave
Steve

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 02:50

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Pretty solid list for a first timer! You are clearly going for shooting list and your choices work well together.
Question: Do you have a ton of 2+ armor saves in your local gaming meta? It seems that you have a ton of Disintegrators/Void Sythes and not that many DL shots. If you do your list is perfect. If you run into a ton of armor you might have issues cracking it open.

If you did decide to add some DL love, I would drop the Voidraven in favor of a second Razorwing to get the points you would need to upgrade the disintegrators.

As it stands, I think your list would be fun to play and pretty balanced as is Twisted Evil

Hey,

Thanks for the great reply.

The reason I stuck with disinegrators on my kabalites is because of the overwhelming space marine playerbase in my area. Hard to say no to an ap2 heavy 3 along with tl splinter shots against marines.

I am thinking however I will drop the bomber for the razorwing and upgrade the Ravager as I could use a little more anti armour turn 1.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 02:53

Makes sense. Every local meta is different, and your list looked like you were taking a lot of 3+ and 2+ armor into account. I think the extra DL's on the second Ravager would serve you well. Now if we can only get some blasters into those Kabalites... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Steve
Slave
Steve

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 02:58

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Makes sense. Every local meta is different, and your list looked like you were taking a lot of 3+ and 2+ armor into account. I think the extra DL's on the second Ravager would serve you well. Now if we can only get some blasters into those Kabalites... Twisted Evil

Well if I dropped the webway portal...:p is it worth risking a scatter for 3 blasters?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 03:00

Steve wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:

Well if I dropped the webway portal...:p is it worth risking a scatter for 3 blasters?

Oh hell no! That's half the fun of the blaster Archon! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I think you're fine as is. It's actually a much more sensible list than what I usually field and is pretty solid all around. Give it a rip.

Back to top Go down
Steve
Slave
Steve

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 03:03

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Steve wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:

Oh hell no! That's half the fun of the blaster Archon! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I think you're fine as is. It's actually a much more sensible list than what I usually field and is pretty solid all around. Give it a rip.

Just have to build and paint the damn thing now. So many moldlines, so little time.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 05:13

I feel you on those mold lines man.

And I agree exactly to Evil Space elves on removing the voidraven but if you can squeeze a few points around you could remove the WWP on the archon and give him a Venom with 2xSC a WWP archon with no shadowfield is going to give HWL very fast when you drop him in with 4 blasterborn, even if he is in a raider. Instead you could turn that into a little bit more of a safer bet by buying the vnom for him and then you can embark him in the raider on turn 1. Venoms are some of the best Alpha strike we have. He remains safer in a raider with NS and then you can brin him in where you need him. Your turn two vehicle removal is coming in the form of expendable scourges. He and the trueborn will probably see more than one turn of shooting that way. You have a 65 point nuisance on their turn, if they dont deal with it it doesnt jink which turns into a big problem. Just think its a bit too risky for DS within 18" of a vehicle it needs to pop. Also the two RZWF will be able to come in and deal with 2 vehicles. 160 points is a lot to spend on an AV 10 flyer with only a void mine and I assume two dark scythes? I don't know much about these guns because I have not played them but my initial thought on them is as just a S8 ap2 lance you really need to have them hit I would prefer to roll them with no scatter dice. Plus those sexy RZWF can drop 4 pie plates onto a target, Tau or IG castle comes to mind? But I think I digress. It changes every game.

Slave
Steve

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 13:46

Its_Rumble wrote:
I feel you on those mold lines man.

And I agree exactly to Evil Space elves on removing the voidraven but if you can squeeze a few points around you could remove the WWP on the archon and give him a Venom with 2xSC a WWP archon with no shadowfield is going to give HWL very fast when you drop him in with 4 blasterborn, even if he is in a raider. Instead you could turn that into a little bit more of a safer bet by buying the vnom for him and then you can embark him in the raider on turn 1. Venoms are some of the best Alpha strike we have. He remains safer in a raider with NS and then you can brin him in where you need him. Your turn two vehicle removal is coming in the form of expendable scourges. He and the trueborn will probably see more than one turn of shooting that way. You have a 65 point nuisance on their turn, if they dont deal with it it doesnt jink which turns into a big problem. Just think its a bit too risky for DS within 18" of a vehicle it needs to pop. Also the two RZWF will be able to come in and deal with 2 vehicles. 160 points is a lot to spend on an AV 10 flyer with only a void mine and I assume two dark scythes? I don't know much about these guns because I have not played them but my initial thought on them is as just a S8 ap2 lance you really need to have them hit I would prefer to roll them with no scatter dice. Plus those sexy RZWF can drop 4 pie plates onto a target, Tau or IG castle comes to mind? But I think I digress. It changes every game.

I'm actually not a fan of Venoms. What about dropping the WWP, giving him a shadowfield and having him start on the table? The bomber gets Void Lances too, one strength higher than Dark Lances. Though I think I will be just going with two RZWF
Back to top Go down
Steve
Slave
Steve

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 23:30

REVISED LIST

+HQ+
-Archon
Blaster,  WWP

(Goes in the Blasterborn squad)

+ELITES+
-5 Trueborn
4x Blaster
-Raider
Dark Lance, Nightshields

+TROOPS+
-10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
-Raider

-10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
-Raider

-10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
-Raider

+FAST ATTACK+
-5 Scourges
4x Haywire Blasters

-Razorwing

-Razorwing

+HEAVY SUPPORT+
-Ravager
3x Dark Lance

-Ravager
3x Dark Lance

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 02:04

I like that list a lot better but IMO drop that WWP on the archon and put nightshields onto those ravagers.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 03:00

Its_Rumble wrote:
I like that list a lot better but IMO drop that WWP on the archon and put nightshields onto those ravagers.

I agree that the second list is balanced better, though I would keep the WWP for that threat to hit a target exactly where you want it and keep your opponents off balance. Then again, I'm a nut for the new WWP's

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 06:08

I don't disagree with the use of the WWP, I myself love it, used effectively that unit can do a lot of good. However I think that with a 12" move T1 will probably give you the same throughput as WWPing it in turn two. If I were to send a WWP shooting unit I would probably prefer to use a raider with splinter racks and warriors because that unit can be dirty in half range, which you are trying to guarantee with that WWP. Although if you are playing on a 4x8 the other general might try to deploy away from a Archon on board with blasterborn. So I would have to in the end agree with you about the blasterborn in hindsight. That 18" range is the kicker.

Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 15:05

hefty list, the last one! i'd remove the splinter cannon from the warriors (they already do what they do, and in my experience they need to stay mobile) and whit said points i'd add a small unit of mandrakes for lurking onto objectives or finishing off stragglers. also don't forget that when they get furious charge the can wreck even some vehicles in cc!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts    My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first Dark Eldar list 1500pts
Page 1 of 1