THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lord of War after the new year?

Go down 
+22
Ciirian
Azdrubael
deevil
Hex
Rokuro
Dragontree
Grub
Massaen
DEfan
Calyptra
Minks
agosyb
Thor665
aurynn
The PayneTrayn
MurDok
The_Burning_Eye
Erebus
Laughingcarp
Devilogical
Count Adhemar
Izaeus
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior
Izaeus

Lord of War after the new year?  Empty
PostSubject: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 14:59

Apparently, according to faiet, Vect will be released with rules in box after the new year. Since we are the only codex (as far as I know) that has no LoW and since they are updating the tau this way I could see this as plausible.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 15:03

Hope that is true although still should have been in the codex in the first place.

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 15:05

Agree with count.
Still very exited.
Will not buy him anyway )))

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 19:54

Kinda excited, and if the rules are good (assuming the model is also suitably epic) it'll end up happening.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 20:06

Nightfury, the rumour source, gave a rather vague description in the comments section: "It reminded me of a bigger version of Logan Grimnars santa sled albeit loaded with Dark Eldar Flavor.. "

That doesn't sound too promising for anyone who is not a fan of the sled.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 20:32

it'll be all about the model for me - rules be damned if the model's nice I'll get it!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 22:35

After all the bitching I've been doing about not getting a LoW, I kinda feel obligated to get him and his sled no matter how terrible the rules maybe.... if they do release him..

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
The PayneTrayn
Hellion
The PayneTrayn

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 23:35

If the model looks goofy and/or rules are underwhelming (like with the Orks), I won't buy. I don't see any reason to reward GW for terrible decisions.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 23:52

A good artistic decision is still a good enough decision for me. My kabal is not black heart anyway, so fielding him would be really against the fluff of my army, but... If it is worth having and painting, he WILL be mine. :-)
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08 2014, 00:07

::pulls out salt lick and shrugs::

Back to top Go down
agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 21:51

I'd imagine something along the lines of a spiritual successor to the Dais, rather than just the super Raider option. A part of me kind of wishes it will be like the 3rd edition incarnation where it acts like a tank but can fight like a walker. If it had an option for vect to bail in the event of critical existence failure like a chariot that would be super cool too. I also hope it looks suitably impressive standing next to a Tantalus.
Back to top Go down
Minks
Hellion
Minks

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 22:25

The rumour sounds like utter bobbins, plausible yet vague enough to be made up entirely. And to my knowledge, rules are online for new 40k stuff, not in the box.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 22:33

The new End Times models have their rules in the box, so it's perfectly feasible that any new model releases that occur separate from a codex, supplement or dataslate will come with rules in the box.

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 23:12

The new Tyranid models being released do seem to open up the possibility for future not-in-codex releases. The new bugs are apparently part of a forthcoming campaign book. While I find it hard to believe that we'd be included in a campaign book in any meaningful way, I suppose it's not impossible. Rumor has it that the Necrons are getting a new codex in January, so it's conceivable there's a campaign book involving Necrons and Dark Eldar being planned.

I don't think I can handle all the salt required for this much baseless speculation.

But if the Tyranids can get kits for things not in their codex, then theoretically we might too.

Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 07:58

The new Tyranid release may seem like a beginning of a trend, but it all goes back to dataslates and how these were released to augment seemingly weak codexes. Man, GW is playing a good flaming game. Vect will be back, surely.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 11:04

I will point out all the complaining about us not getting a LOW - we have zero option for it in the real space raiders detachment - unlike the race specific formations for every other 7th ed book. GW is about making sure all the options match the models.

Why release a model when it won't fit the detachment?

Not a great reason but makes sense in context

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 11:33

Thor665 wrote:

Think I will join in here.

Remember those rumours about a "Bane" model? I would frankly not care much for a Vect LoW. I would rather some huge Coven monstrosity that can rip apart imperial knights with ease. Something actually impressive! A toughness 9/10 brute that just rampages through everything would be far more fun.

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 11:39

Grub wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

Think I will join in here.

Remember those rumours about a "Bane" model? I would frankly not care much for a Vect LoW. I would rather some huge Coven monstrosity that can rip apart imperial knights with ease. Something actually impressive! A toughness 9/10 brute that just rampages through everything would be far more fun.

Or an uber-ravager with two decks and 9 void lances. affraid

just sayin...

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 11:49

Haha that would also be quite fun. I always liked the idea of a tantalus sized dais of destruction with lances and maybe now dark scythes. The front of which should be a mobile webway portal which allows any units in reserve to jump out of like an assault vehicle. Give me that games workshop and you can have my first born.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:05

Grub wrote:
Haha that would also be quite fun. I always liked the idea of a tantalus sized dais of destruction with lances and maybe now dark scythes. The front of which should be a mobile webway portal which allows any units in reserve to jump out of like an assault vehicle. Give me that games workshop and you can have my first born.

something tells me that's never going to happen sadly. I did hear Jes Goodwin say once that he'd like to do a two-level jabba the hut style barge, but I think it was pie in the sky rather than a realistic suggestion!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:10

I've no idea what it will be, but I can't help feel they will have to address the issue of Dark Eldar lacking a Lord of War at some point. They might not necessarily even give us one, just lamely justify why we don't have one.

In any case I see it as an issue that is very unlikely (though not improbably) to remain unexplained.

I do hope we get Vect back though. Or maybe whatever comes out of Khaines gate will be our LoW, a giant cegorach construct... Oh I can dream!!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:22

Dragontree wrote:
Or maybe whatever comes out of Khaines gate will be our LoW

Possibly a dark eldar version of the avatar, bigger, nastier, and with a giant stick to use to poke people in the eye lol!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:28

Or maybe a brand new Codex: Eldar, the dark eldar supplement

I think it takes too much imagination and thought to make a LoW that works and GW are certainly lacking in the game development department. Vect I guess should be done but I don't see them doing anything really.

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:45

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Dragontree wrote:
Or maybe whatever comes out of Khaines gate will be our LoW

Possibly a dark eldar version of the avatar, bigger, nastier, and with a giant stick to use to poke people in the eye lol!

Perhaps ESE is behind Khaines gate!?

Or John Goodman...

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 15:30

I just want plastic Grotesques...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Lord of War after the new year?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of War after the new year?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next