THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

am i missing anything else i should get?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

am i missing anything else i should get?  Empty
PostSubject: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 16:44

OK so i've just looked at GW and made a kind of wish list, of what i want and am now saving up for it.
The list of what i am getting is as follows.
the new Codex for dark eldar 59.50
1 squad of scourges, 30.00
the warhammer 40k rulebook 100.00
and the commorriate raiders 860.00
the total for all of this is: 1,173.18
i believe i've covered all the bases in increasing my army, by grabbing the commorriate raiders, if there is a better value item that will give me the same models, please let me know Razz
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 18:32

Laughing

For a second I was about to ask where you were getting your prices from - then I realized you were in Canada and it's not American dollars that you're using for pricing - derf on me!

That said though, pricewise, if you have a local games store you can probably get a better deal - especially if you explain to the owner how many things you're looking to buy and ask if he can float you some sort of discount if you buy through him. Just a thought.

I actually am not that big of a fan of the Commorriate Raiders box. It does have some price savings, that said I consider it to be padded with useless units.

Hellions.
Wyches.
The Voidraven.

Now, the Wyches you can probably use for kibash potential, and Hellions could count as Beastmasters and, again, kitbash potential (I actually think Wych parts plus Hellion parts with the mirror masks make for awesome 'counts as' Incubi) The Voidraven is kind of a big pile of 'meh' though.

So, if I was you, I would consider what sort of list you're looking to play. Wyches are almost universally being called 'bad' this edition, so unless you love Wyches those models are not going to help you. The same with Hellions. The Voidraven is considered an okay unit, but too fragile for how expensive it is - again, would you want to play that?

Some of this depends on your goals for the army - are you getting it as a modeling goal? Or do you want to be playing a lot? If you want to play a lot, will you want to win, and how competitive will you be playing? (My advice for someone going to tournies is different from someone going to get drunk and play a theme game with some friends)

If you definitely want all the models in the CR bundle then it is, flat out, a great value as it is cheaper than buying them separately.
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 00:43

Thor665 wrote:
Laughing

For a second I was about to ask where you were getting your prices from - then I realized you were in Canada and it's not American dollars that you're using for pricing - derf on me!

That said though, pricewise, if you have a local games store you can probably get a better deal - especially if you explain to the owner how many things you're looking to buy and ask if he can float you some sort of discount if you buy through him. Just a thought.

I actually am not that big of a fan of the Commorriate Raiders box. It does have some price savings, that said I consider it to be padded with useless units.

Hellions.
Wyches.
The Voidraven.

Now, the Wyches you can probably use for kibash potential, and Hellions could count as Beastmasters and, again, kitbash potential (I actually think Wych parts plus Hellion parts with the mirror masks make for awesome 'counts as' Incubi) The Voidraven is kind of a big pile of 'meh' though.

So, if I was you, I would consider what sort of list you're looking to play. Wyches are almost universally being called 'bad' this edition, so unless you love Wyches those models are not going to help you. The same with Hellions. The Voidraven is considered an okay unit, but too fragile for how expensive it is - again, would you want to play that?

Some of this depends on your goals for the army - are you getting it as a modeling goal? Or do you want to be playing a lot? If you want to play a lot, will you want to win, and how competitive will you be playing? (My advice for someone going to tournies is different from someone going to get drunk and play a theme game with some friends)

If you definitely want all the models in the CR bundle then it is, flat out, a great value as it is cheaper than buying them separately.

i would prefer to have a competitive army, but i dont get that much of an oppurtunity for gaming, as for local GW, it would be hard to talk them into giving me a discount as its about an hour drive away, though it may work i'll ask and check it out. i DO love Wyches, though i concede that they might not be good for me in this edition, i would like a fun list and a VERY competitive list Razz if that would help lol...
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 00:43

OH and you'll probably want a list of all my current models?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 05:14

I have no idea what type of deal a GW can or will cut you if it's an official GW store. Certainly regular block and mortar stores can and most likely will if you're talking about buying the amount of stuff you're doing.

If you're looking to develop an army list we have a section dedicated to that and I do tend to suggest it as a good first step when buying things to know what you're buying them for.

Yes, sadly, Wyches are pretty narf right now.
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 16:23

well i have put an article in on the Army building section of the forum and havent really had much activity in way of criticism or how to improve it Razz just got told my entire army was wrong(points were wrong and such). so maybe just buy the DE codex and Rule book then look again are making the list?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 17:54

I will admit that having the correct rules does usually help Laughing
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 11:05

lol aye so i just dropped $230 on rulebook DE codex and NIDZ to check out the swarm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: am i missing anything else i should get?    am i missing anything else i should get?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

am i missing anything else i should get?
Page 1 of 1