THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The missing 100

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

The missing 100 Empty
PostSubject: The missing 100   The missing 100 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2018, 21:36

Hi all,

I’ve recently started playing WH40K again after a long break and I must say I’m pretty much enjoying the new codex.
The first games have been very successful (never lost, just a few draws, but still no game against very skilled players), nonetheless I’m still not 100% convinced of my 1500 pts list.
Every time I end up with a “spare” unit (to fill the points / achieve detachments) that never does anything on the battlefield.

Below the bulk of my list:

BATTALION (flyed skull)
- 2x archons with blaster in venom
- 3x5 KABALITES with blaster in venom

SPEARHEAD (black heart)
- archon
- 2x ravagers with diss cannons
- 1x ravagers with lances

OUTRIDER (red grief)
- SUCCUBUS with blood glaive (+S drug)
- 12x reavers with 1 blaster and 1 talon every three (various combinations of units depending on games, but my favourite is 2x6 units, one with +T drug, one with +A drug)

The above are about 1400 points, and I’m pretty satisfied with it.

For the last 100 points I tried mandrakes and scourges with HWB, but they both deluded me multiple times: they arrive from reserve, shoot to something with unimpressive results and die miserably or wander around the rest of the game without a proper target.

Any suggestion about how to fill these 100 points would be extremely welcome.
Trust on your advice denizens!
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

The missing 100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The missing 100   The missing 100 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2018, 10:43

I'm surprised your not enjoying the scourge and mandrakes. I've found them to be very effective when combined with the +1 to cover stratagem and -1 to hit strat respectively. Fire and fade is also great on them to extend the lifespan/damage done. They are not gonna stand toe to toe with a gunline but they shot isolated units off objectives and the like very well.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

The missing 100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The missing 100   The missing 100 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2018, 10:55

If you want more points to play with I have also found that cutting the blasters from Reaver's saves points. I always advance and charge so it doesn't seem worth to always be hitting at minus one for one or two rounds and then getting shot off the board. Then again depends how you use them. I use them as fast tanky (+1 toughness) units to primarily tie up high damage output units. I also tend to bring less than 12 to save more.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

The missing 100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The missing 100   The missing 100 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2018, 19:48

GreyArea wrote:
If you want more points to play with I have also found that cutting the blasters from Reaver's saves points. I always advance and charge so it doesn't seem worth to always be hitting at minus one for one or two rounds and then getting shot off the board. Then again depends how you use them. I use them as fast tanky (+1 toughness) units to primarily tie up high damage output units. I also tend to bring less than 12 to save more.

Sent from Topic'it App

First of all thanks for your feedback.

I’m aware that many people are happy to use reavers without blasters, but I must say that for my play styles I would definitely prefer cutting on grav talons if I have to chose. Yeah, if you advance you are going to shoot at 4+ with just two reavers (supposing unit of 6), but they are two 44 inches range of dark light, easy to hide and unexpected for the enemy. I found them very effective and not rarely they can pop dangerous units directly on turn one. On the opposite, I still didn’t manage to inflict not even a single wound with talons! Damn 4+ XD
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

The missing 100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The missing 100   The missing 100 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2018, 09:20

A talon is 3 points and a blaster is 17 or something... They are not really a pick one or the other thing. You almost get a whole other reaver with the cost of a blaster. If you like using your reavers as ranged harass then fair enough, it not how I like to use them but if you like it go for it 😁

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The missing 100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The missing 100   The missing 100 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The missing 100
Page 1 of 1