THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequin Transport

Go down 
+2
TheNeonArlecchino
Mayk0l
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayk0l
Hellion
Mayk0l

Harlequin Transport Empty
PostSubject: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 00:03

Hey guys,

Even though they're not in the codex anymore, I'm really thrilled my Harlequins can now take a Raider and have fun with it. I have an extra Raider here that I want to convert. I want to make it look like a Raider that's still the Raider my Archon gifted the Troupe, but that the Troupe altered to make it look like a true Harlequin boat.
My ideas so far are bright colours and harlequin crew, though that's far from converting, really. Google hasn't helped me much either..
I'm not too fond of those grinning faces look the jetbikes got going.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TheNeonArlecchino
Hellion
TheNeonArlecchino

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 00:11

I'm picturing scarves streaming off the sides and maybe a cabin where the sail would normally go, as if it's their dressing room?
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 00:21

Okay i'm just brainstorming here.
How about a theatre? Like curtains, paper streamers that represent fire or other stuff, boards instead of the metal fence floor (although the Raider metal fence floor is really pretty).

You could also look in the Eldar codex for Eldar God fluff as the main thing that Harlequins do is replay Eldar God myths, and those could yield inspiration. Maybe a Cegorach figurehead?

Maybe also some small wafts of Hallucinogenic gas on the floor.

And don't forget to look into Spellcheck's Project Log as he is kind of the master of Harlequins here.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 10:32

I think a Raider converted into a stage would look great, something they can just roll up in and put on a performance.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Mayk0l
Hellion
Mayk0l

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 23:42

Thanks for the link and the good ideas. Somehow a stage setting hadn't occured to me. I'm thinking of using the staircase from the Dark Elf Cauldron kit, along with a lot of scenic drapes and cloths, bannera hanging from the sides with Carnivalesque faces on them.
I was also thinking of putting a what-do-you-call-it mermaid kinda statue on the front with a Jesters head or something, kind of like the Cegorach figurehead you mentioned. Great ideas guys.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 07:04

Stage setting raider would be killer. Can't help feeling like it would work even better on the old raider!

Mayk0l
Hellion
Mayk0l

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 14:28

Yeah I think it would but mostly because the old Raider had more space for models to stand on due to the sideplatforms.

How would you guys do a stage? Im thinking some drapes would be essential, would you make it asymmetrical with the opening of the stage to one side, or would it be an open stage 360 degrees, with drapes or banners hanging from the sides to the floor?

Any idea what the base would look like?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 18:28

Add masks hanging about it? I like the idea of pennants streaming out behind it.

I'd suggest trying to mess with the layout of a standard raider. I was just looking at a picture of it, wondering if you could flip the front of it vertically so it looked more like a ship, with the shock prow being high instead of low-slung.

That's a crazy idea, but what might be more feasible is reversing the direction of the upper fuselage, so the usual front is at the back and the back is at the front. It's a simple change that switches up the look of the raider from your standard one without any significant changes to the thing.

Also sounds nuts, but I kind of made it work on my Haemonculus Raider concept. There isn't as much room for the engines, but the cutout for the shock prow still accommodates the large, central raider JET:
Harlequin Transport Coven+Raider_8688

More details here:
http://www.modernsynthesist.com/2012/05/coven-raider-update.html#more

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Transport   Harlequin Transport I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequin Transport
Page 1 of 1