THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 12:53

Here's one for you then Thor Wink

Now that I've got my basic TAC list underway, I'm looking to develop some options - as my gaming group is relatively small, games can get a bit stale using the same lists all the time and I've been pretty successful in terms of wins and keeping things fresh with my marines by developing several basic lists that theme my armies (defensive, offensive, assault, mobility etc).

My first look then at an alternative option is for an all shooting DE option - my basic TAC list includes Succubus, Grots and Talos as viable combat options.

Considering where our shooting strengths lie, I decided to go fairly lance heavy - it's not spammed to the max, but pretty strong I think. It's also based on models I've already got (bar one) so there are no blasterborn in there (yet).

Realspace raiders detachment

HQ
Archon with Blaster, WWP, shadowfield110150

Troops
2x Gunboat - 10 K Warriors in Raider with Dark Lance, Splinter Racks and Night Shields 2x1702x155
2x Venom - 5 Warriors with blaster in Venom with Dual Cannons 2x120120
Venom - 5 warriors in Venom with Dual Cannons 105

Fast Attack
3 Naked Raiders with Dark Lances 3x60
Razorwing with Dark Lances 140
5 Scourges with 4 Heat Lances 120
5 Scourges with 4 Haywire Blasters 120

Heavy Support
2 Ravagers with 3 Dark Lances 2x125

This set-up is intended for maximum deployment, only the razorwing and heat lance scourges (with the archon for precision DS) in reserve.

So on turn 1, the empty raiders deploy screening the gunboats (and venoms) and I've got 11 Lances on the board, plus 4 Haywire Blasters and 4 Splinter Cannons, plus 20 splinter rifles at max range.

On turn 2, you can add 4 heat lances and a blaster (assuming they arrive), plus the two blaster from the venom squads and 2 more dark lances from the razorwing (again reserves dependent).

Clearly I could add to this by losing 5 warriors from each of the gunboats and the night shields/splinter racks from those raiders, but with this many lances on the table, is that necessary, and does it limit my AI firepower too much as it basically drops to a couple of venoms, razorwing missiles and a couple of min size warrior squads.

My biggest concern here would be rolling purge the alien or the scouring for mission type!

Next on my evolution list is an assault based force, and a coven heavy list.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection

Last edited by The_Burning_Eye on Mon Nov 17 2014, 23:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated list)
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Mario Augusto
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 14:46

I really like the idea of wwp for Scourges with HL, but i was thinking: isn't better give wwp to units that normally can't DS?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 15:12

Mario Augusto wrote:
I really like the idea of wwp for Scourges with HL, but i was thinking: isn't better give wwp to units that normally can't DS?

Yes, but in this list the purpose of the WWP is to make sure the scourges are within 9" so they can get 2D6 for armour penetration.

Added to which, all our vehicles can deep strike already so a WWP only benefits units on foot, which I'm unlikely to take very often (though a big unit (or two...) of 20 warriors all walking out of a WWP rapid firing on the nearest nasty monsters does appeal to the evil side of me. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 15:15

I was considering something similar with heat lance scourges and a WWP Archon.

I was considering the option for rescue units. Is your plan to have an empty raider boost up to pick him up?

Or were you just going to leave him with scourges?

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 15:27

I'm kinda hoping that with that many lances and threats, he's not a priority target (yes he gives up a vp but if you've got 11 lances and a ton of poison pointing at you he's not where I'd be looking first).

I could be tempted to squeeze out the night shields (since with RR Detachment I've got 3+ cover anyway on turn 1 when obscured by the empty raiders) and give him a shadowfield to tank wounds from the scourges, which is fittingly evil I think. Empty raiders are not a bad idea though for keeping him relatively safe.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 15:39

My thinking of empty raider was also that if it boost up the turn the Scourges arrive it can cover their flank and I would rather lose the raider and mitigate losses to the scourges effectiveness potentially allowing them another shot.

Or if they get wiped the raider is hopefully there for the Archon to hop in and join somebody else or blast at low AV vehicles.

I won't get the chance to play this for quite some time as I paint and build my army so would love to know how that tactic works out for you.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 15:42

I think I might try using it on Thursday, playing Iron Hands (postponed game from last week) and I suspect there may be a nasty contemptor dread or two in there.

Not sure how effective a raider would be at screening infantry? True line of sight would normally mean you could see under it wouldn't it? Bearing in mind scourge wings don't count for targeting purposes.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 15:47

Interesting point about cover, I suppose it depends on your gaming group.

We play it as either LoS blocking or giving a good cover save at our club, reasoning being things like wave serpents are also skimmers and sit close to the ground and I have some of my raiders modelled close to the ground. Never considered it different until now, will mention to next opponent though.

But still, as a rescue vehicle it might work out well!

Good luck against Iron Hands. I have my eye on a contemptor for my night lords, even if to use as a regular dread, beautiful models.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 16:06

It's definitely my turn for revenge - last time I played that guy he was using an eldar jetbike list against my marine bikes. I knew things were going to go badly when he rolled 3 sixes in a row for table half, deployment choice and seize...

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options   Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Burning Eye TAC options
Page 1 of 1