THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StokieRich
Hellion

Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report Empty
PostSubject: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 11:04

Hi guys,

my first attempt at using Battle Chronicler to... chronicle... my battle reports.

Any comments and feedback would be most appreciated, both on the format and the game itself (plus lists)

Battle Report

Thanks for reading,

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://twotimestwohobbytime.blogspot.com/
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23 2014, 13:54

Nice batrep, was enjoyable to read. Some of the pics were small but not really a problem when you can zoom or click them for a larger version...

As for the game, I just have one question. What happened in the combat on the round when the succubus died? If there were only 5 cultists, I would imagine that the klaivex, reavers and the rest of the incubi could have managed to kill the dark apostle. I don't know what his initiative is but they may have been able to save the succubus that turn after they killed the 5 cultists (challenges no longer prevent wounds being allocated to the fighters in it if there is nothing else to kill)
Back to top Go down
StokieRich
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23 2014, 15:12

Good spot.

Basically we resolved the challenge first and then did the other attacks. Which as you suggest killed the dark apostle.

At that point though the game wasn't going well for him and had the incubus won combat on his turn it would have been even worse so considering we'd already removed the succubus i suggested that we leave it for this game.

Thanks for the feedback about the pictures as well.I'll see if I can edit that and use bigger ones going forward. Having to click each time would frustrate me.

Rich
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23 2014, 15:41

I liked the diagrams, but found them not particularly more or less impressive than Vassal so I suggest using whichever you like better.

I'll go ahead and agree that your opponent's list was unoptimized - I'll actually dd in that I found it less optimized than yours; wyches or no Wink

You handled the Vindi well.
Back to top Go down
StokieRich
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 09:10

Thanks Thor, I'll give BattleChronicler one more go and if it's no easier I'll go back to Vassal.

I'd agree on the list, and I'm not sure with some of the decisions either (I'd have left the Vindi behind the hill and I'd also have taken first turn)

I think it's probably an indicator that neither of us really play very often Smile (This is my second game in 7th Edition)

Hoping to change that now though as I'm really enjoying playing the Dark Eldar compared to my Tyranids, have another game against Blood Angels on Wednesday which could be a bit more challenging.

What would you add to the list to take it to 1750 Thor? (Currently thinking a unit of Scourge with Haywire and a 5 man Kabalite unit in Venom with Blaster)
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 14:59

I'd probably add Ravagers before Scourges.
Back to top Go down
StokieRich
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25 2014, 10:58

Yea appreciate that's the best option (I should probably add them before the Razorwings) but I am trying to keep to the theme and Scourges fit that better for me. I should have worded the question better though as I didn't state that.

To be fair though I listed one of my options as kabalites in a venom, truth is I'm running out of models and having to field other things to get to 1750!

Time for a shopping trip... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report   Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wych Cult vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt Battle Report
Page 1 of 1