THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome Empty
PostSubject: 2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome   2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28 2014, 20:08

Hey guys, just wanted to see what you thought of my 2k list, all input is welcome

WL: Succubus w/ archite glaive & Armor of Misery
9 Incubi w/Klaivex upgrade
Raider w/ night shields and enhanced aethersails

4 Medusae
6 Sslyth
Raider w/ night shields and splinter racks

5 kwar
venom w/ extra splinter cannon

5 kwar
venom w/extra splinter cannon

Ravager w/ night shields and triple lances
3 Talos w/ stinger pods and chain flails

2x 5 Scourge w/4 haywire blasters
2x Razorwing w/ night shields, twin lances, 2 monoscythe missiles, 2 necrotoxin missiles

I like the WWP, but with the aethersails and a 3+ jink on the boat, I can assault turn two instead of turn three, and 10 models with AP 2 and most likely to swing first, they should smash face.

Razorwings are backup to clear extra troops or tanks, and take any aerial support they might have.

The talos are just beast, 6 small blasts tear troop units apart pretty well, and shred in combat is always a good thing.

Scourge are anti tank units, don't need to blow it up if I can glance it to death.

the two kwar boats are mandatory, and 22 poison shots at rapid fire range, or 17 at 24" makes the opponent roll dice.

The court is going to get 18 twin linked poison shots, and 4 str4 ap3 templates, will work wonders against troops
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome   2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28 2014, 20:50

Incubi are way too killy at that size. I generally bring 3 plus a klaivex and they do just fine. Dropping six gets you more than enough for a haemy to boost their pfp though I recommend going the extra mile and grabbing urien. Buffs everyone and he can really tank wounds for the squad.

Hellion
cluricaunne

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome   2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28 2014, 21:03

House rules won't allow for named characters, and I've already filled both hq slots with the succubus and the court, I'm holding out on my haemmies, grots, and wracks until I pick up the supplement
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome   2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28 2014, 23:13

I think it is a pretty solid list over all.  If you do face Tau or AM, I think you'll wreck face.  However, my personal opinion is that if you think you're going to face Space Wolves, I would ditch the Incubi as your opponent will most likely be bringing kitted out TWC squads.  You need fives to wound them and they each have two wounds.   Your Incubi-star is really killy, but  they're still only one wound T3 with a 3 + save.  And they're not fearless until turn five.  

I think they could maybe do okay against one TWC squad, but if you get charged by both, the amount of attacks they can put which will ignore your armor saves is pretty brutal.  Not to mention if he drops a few Dreadnoughts in your lines on turn one, they could take out your HQ Raider and/or drop a few flamer templates on you and then you're walking/dead.  The only two units I would want to assault Space Wolves with are Grots and Talos.  My personal recommendation is to put the Succubus with the Court, give her a WWP, drop the Incubi down to 3-4 with Klaivex and give them a Venom for more shooting.  Or maybe just drop the Incubi and take a Cronos to give your Talos squad a 4+ FNP.  They are the assault unit that an enemy should (rightfully) be scared of.  And don't worry about their speed if you're facing Space Wolves.  He's bringing his army to you.  All you have to do is sit back, whittle him down your poison, lances, haywire, and large blasts, and then counter-punch with your MCs. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome   2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 points, most likely vs Space Wolves, might be Tau or Astra Militarum though... input welcome
Page 1 of 1