THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points   Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2015, 23:38

Dark Eldar:

Dark Artisan:
Haemie with Scissorhand, Nightmare Doll, and Panacea (WL)
Talos with Heat Lance and Chain Flail
Cronos with Spirit Probe

Corpsethief Claw:
5 x Talos with Heat Lances and Chan Flails

CAD:

3 x Medusae with Venom

4 x 5 Warriors in Venoms

3 x DL Ravagers

Space Wolves:

Arjac Rockfist with Foehammer and Storm Shield

Murderfang in Drop Pod

3 x Lone Wolves with Wolf Claws in Drop Pod

10 x Grey Hunters in Drop Pod

6 x Grey Hunters in Razorback with TL Las Cannon

2 x Land Speeders with Mult-Meltas and Missile Launchers

4 x Thunderwolf Cavalry and Wolf Guard Battle Leader (WL) with Wolf Claws and Storm Shields

5 x Terminators with Wolf Claws and 1 x Assault Cannon

Mission:
We just placed six objectives.  Two in each of our deployment zones and two near midfield.  

Deployment:
Hammer and Anvil.  I deployed everything in a corner castled up.  My opponent deployed the three Razorbacks with Grey Hunter squads and chose to Deepstrike everything else.  

I won the roll off and chose to go second.  

Turn One:  
Murderfang's Drop Pod and the Lone Wolves' Drop Pod land right in front of me.  His shooting does nothing.  In my shooting phase, the first Ravager explodes Murderfang (this would pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game), to score First Blood.  The rest of my shooting kills two of the Lone Wolves.  The CtC try to charge the remaining Lone Wolf but fail.  

Turn Two:
The rest of his reserves come in.  He Deepstrikes the Land Speeders to shoot at my CtC and puts the Terminators and Grey Hunter Drop Pod near the two midfield objectives.  During Space Wolves shooting, one Venom is Immobilized, and one Ravager Jinks.  One Talos takes a wound.  His remaining Lone Wolf, apparently tired of living, charges into the CtC.  And dies to Overwatch.  In my turn, I explode the two Drop Pods who landed in my deployment zone.  Two Venoms put one wound on the TWC squad.  

Turn Three:
In the Space Wolves shooting phase, one Talos from the CtC is killed.  He forces another Venom to Jink.  In the assault phase, his TWC charges a Ravager and wrecks it.  In my turn, the Talos and the Ravagers explode the two Land Speeders.  Two Venoms and the Medusae whittle the TWC squad down to one model with one one wound left.  They also killed the Wolf Guard Battle Leader in the squad, scoring me Warlord.

Turn Four:
During the Space Wolves shooting phase, he forces one Ravager to Jink and does one hull point.  The remaining TWC charges into the Venom carrying the Medusae...and dies to nine flamer hits on Overwatch.  In my turn, the CtC shooting kills two Terminators and puts one wound on Arjac, but fail their charge.   One Razorback is also Immobilized and another one is Stunned by the Ravagers.  

Turn Five:
The Razorbacks take some shots at the CtC but I make my FNPs (thanks Dark Artisan!).  Arjac's Terminator squad charges into the CtC.  And dies a horrible death.  In my turn I move onto three objectives and flat out three Warriors and their Venoms to contest the midfield objective which he was holding with his ten man Grey Hunter squad.  We roll to see if the game continues and it goes on to turn six.  

Turn Six:
In the Space Wolves shooting and assault phase, he only manages to wreck one of the three Venoms contesting the midfield objective.  In my turn I flat out one of the surviving Venoms into his deployment zone to get Line Breaker.  We roll to see if we go on to turn seven and the game ends.  Final score was Dark Eldar 13, Space Wolves 6.  Victory for the Dark Kin!

Post-Game Thoughts:  
This was a fun game.  Even though it wasn't the most exciting in terms of stuff getting killed, my opponent and I both agreed it was much more fun than our last game where we played the Relic.  Once again, the combination of the CtC and DA proved to be too tough for my opponent to crack.  Even though the DA didn't do much this game, their buffs to the CtC helped them shrug off six turns of Las Cannon, Melta, Krak Missile, and Assault Cannon shooting, with only one dead Talos to show for it.   The Venoms and the Medusae exceeded expectations by handling the TWC without any assistance from the CtC or the DA.  My opponent's dice were not friendly to him this game, though.  I'm going to keep the same list for two more games and then retire the CtC, at least for a bit, in order to try some other lists, as I've satisfied my curiosity about how strong the CtC + DA combination can be.

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points   Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13 2015, 05:49

Great game and we'll written. Fun to read. My favorite part: "His remaining Lone Wolf, apparently tired of living, charges into the CtC." Classic. Question, how does that three man unit of Medusea- work for you. Does it have enough killy power? Also, did you find not deep striking them a good tactic?
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points   Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13 2015, 08:39

Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed the batrep. As to your question, so far I really like the Medusae, as they give me some semi-scary template fire which acts as a nice area denial unit. They haven't killed a ton of stuff, just because my regular opponent has learned not to get too close to them. And if he shoots at them, oh well, no big loss. What they do get within range of, though, they do end up killing. I figured 75 points wasn't too much to pay for a decent HQ unit that will melt a ten man MEQ squad with ease. So far I've just been using them to protect my backfield. If my opponent runs a less Deepstrike heavy list, I might try Deepstriking them for a few games.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points   Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 08:42

Another good write up here, thanks! Good to see the CtC and DA combo working well for you. I wouldn't retire it just yet, still plenty of other lists to fight, esp against static shooting like Tau and Guard/AM.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points   Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 12:21

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading. Unfortunately, my only real regular opponent doesn't have a Tau or IG army, so the best gunline matchup we can muster between the two of us would be my same list against Eldar. Which would be a true test, I think. In terms of Space Wolves, my opponent's favorite army, unless he runs three max TWC with Wolf Lords(?), or whatever those characters are called, I don't know if there's much the Wolves can throw at the CtC + DA combination that can reliably take it down in close combat. But I am looking forward to being proven wrong in our next game (a re-rematch, if you will).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points   Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs. Space Wolves - 2000 points
Page 1 of 1