THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

psykers in Commorragh

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Levitas
Slave
Archon Levitas

psykers in Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: psykers in Commorragh   psykers in Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 13:37

Hi all,

I’m trying to find a way to incorporate enslaved psykers of some kind into my Kabal, but the fluff on the topic is very confusing. Shadowseers frequent Commorragh, and yet they are not seen as a danger. But the Baron was exiled (and almost killed) just for having a Farseer locked in his basement! Also, when Vect is staging his Coup, a Salamanders librarian has no trouble talking to his mates and shooting giant dragons made of fire about the place.

So basically what I’m asking is:

What would the long-term effects on a psykers in Commorragh be (if any)?

Could a device of some kind be constructed to stop the Slaaneshi-pocalypse or whatever that is hinted at in the codex (like a ghosthelm but in reverse [sort of?])?

and what are the consequences of using a psychic power inside of Commorragh?

Thanks guys.

Blood Runs. Anger Rises. Death Wakes. War Calls!"

(Eldar Codex, Pg 21, last 2 lines)

Kabal of the Last Hatred: We will bear a grudge.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: psykers in Commorragh   psykers in Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 14:57

I think the regulation is mostly in place because if it wasn't there would be millions of Dark Eldar psykers overestimating their powers and blowing up their heads (and making a hole in the reality in the process). Suppose they could have "sanctioned" psykers that have been proven to use their power safely, but Comorragh not having any centralized goverment it would be very difficult to regulate. Easier to just ban the Dark Eldar from using psychic powers alltogether. That wya when somebody is caught using them you won't have to try to figure out whether they have a permission or not cna can just shoot them right away.

Seeing how Shadowseers are allowed with no problems, the Crucible of Malediction is made from captured psykers' souls and nobody seemd to crae about there being a Librarian in the Battlebarge (atleast not untill he summoned reinforcements), the ban seems to be limited to the Dark Eldar. Altough, there is the Baron, who got exiled from his Kabal for bringing in a Farseer. However his Archon may have just been paranoid about psykers, and Farseers are a bit different from most psykers since they're not only powerful psykers but also Eldar, making them a magnet to Slaaneshi Daemons. Bringing one stripped of their protective runes and ghosthelm insode the Webway would probably be a bad idea.

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: psykers in Commorragh   psykers in Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 16:02

Quote :
Seeing how Shadowseers are allowed with no problems, the Crucible of Malediction is made from captured psykers' souls and nobody seemd to crae about there being a Librarian in the Battlebarge (atleast not untill he summoned reinforcements), the ban seems to be limited to the Dark Eldar. Altough, there is the Baron, who got exiled from his Kabal for bringing in a Farseer. However his Archon may have just been paranoid about psykers, and Farseers are a bit different from most psykers since they're not only powerful psykers but also Eldar, making them a magnet to Slaaneshi Daemons. Bringing one stripped of their protective runes and ghosthelm insode the Webway would probably be a bad idea.
+1

Im sure Vect has little coven of captured farseers to predict what will happen so he gonna be on top.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: psykers in Commorragh   psykers in Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 17:58

I dont think its Psykers in the webway thats the problem, its the fact it was an Eldar Seer. Eldar souls are beacon for Slaanesh. Craftworld have things in place to protect themselves, but the Dark Eldar have no such devices (that we know of) other than daemon bonding (Malys or Mandrakes) and even that is risky.

As for other psykers in Commagorah, Im sure they are around. There are a ton of random races walking around the Markets, there are bound to be a few. Now Im sure they really need to watch their back, because the local Haemonculus might have an order for another Crucible Razz

Also I would consider Mandrakes psykers as well. Their shooting attack is described as turning soul energy into a freezing fire, but Im sure no Archon will ever say anything to their face Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
ivaldir
Hellion
ivaldir

PostSubject: Re: psykers in Commorragh   psykers in Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 20:57

Using a (dark) eldar psyker power would attract Slaanesh like a huge light would attract tyranids XD. Human psykers on the other hand aren't as the eldar so they're likely going to be overlooked. The shadow seers are probably protected by the laughing god so no harm from them

so my mind on your questions

1) There probably wouls't be any effects unless an (dark) eldar uses psyker powers
2) Craftworlders seem to have the whole slaanesh a bit under controle. Also necrons where building something to shield off the warp, so perhaps some dark eldar found this tech on a raid an made it into a cloak for chaos. (just make up something convincing XD)
3) Wel if you mean punishment probably death or worse, like a trip to the heamonculi Razz

but this is what I think and I could be massively wrong XD

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: psykers in Commorragh   psykers in Commorragh I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 14:56

Craftworlders have the soul stones, as well as ghosthelms and runes, which the combination of all three cover most of their bases for their proection. Sure, some Seers will fall through the cracks and get eaten, but most are well proected. They are a rare commodity after all Razz

As for DE adapting Necron tech, I highly doubt that. Considering to most of them they are myth/ known boogiemen, as well as their own arogance with thinking they are the most technologically evolved, I doubt they would touch anything else but their own tech. Sure they steal whatever (as in the Story from Fear the Alien) but they only knew of it, they did not understand what it was.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: psykers in Commorragh   psykers in Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psykers in Commorragh
Page 1 of 1