THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!

Go down 
+15
Hydra
xzandrate
Shadows Revenge
Tiri Rana
Local_Ork
Raucir Lustingclaw
Zarath
Evil Space Elves
Archon Farath Mure
Foo
GAR
Sky Serpent
Gobsmakked
Saintspirit
speedfreek
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 16:30

Hmmm, so last month I basically paint/assembled (not in that order) my Razorwings for an upcoming tourney where I want to field them...man, for the month of October I have so many goals/hopes;

Finish assembly (already 90% done) and paint my Sathypants model. (I'm tired of using my Helliarch model for it)
Paint my Duke Sliscus model.
Assemble/paint up two Ravagers in hopes of doing a fully painted army for Apocalypse game I'm hoping to manage.
Paint up those basecoated Grots who will now be Wracks who have been mocking me from my painting table for about three months...
This doesn't count the IG and Ork stuff I want to get done either...egads.

I suppose I'll vow to finish the two DE HQs, and the Ravagers, and also add in painting one 10 man "squad" of Ork Shoota boyz - that seems aggressive enough to get things done, but not so aggressive I'll fall flat on my face doing it.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 17:15

;n;

I failed.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 19:48

Archon Farath Mure wrote:
Finish the venom.
Paint incubi.
Finish succubus.
Buy and assemble 6 reavers.
Finish a raider.

Unfortunately, I don't have a functioning camera.
The Succubus and raider aren't quite done yet. The rest is.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 02:27

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Saintspirit wrote:
I vow to paint a raider. That's a vow big enough for me, because I hate to paint vehicles.
Me too! I'm going to paint my other two venoms and a ravager...cursing and screaming about how much cool detail our vehicles have Evil or Very Mad

Got them 95% done in spite of catching a cold and grad school madness. I truly got stuck on what to do with the Trueborn's Venom hull decoration and banners and haven't finished them. I also ran out of the Tamiya teal clear coat that I use after finding out that the local hobby shop doesn't carry them any more Evil or Very Mad . All in all not a bad month of painting for me!
The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 2011-10-01_18-14-43_680

The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 2011-10-01_18-14-27_240

I guess I know what the first part of October's Monthly vow is going to be...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 03:29

Wow, that's actually a black 'glow' theme that I like the look of - good job ESE! I love the sail.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 04:02

Crikey, those look fantastic Evil! Agree with Thor about the sail, but the banner on the Venom really caught my eye.

Awesome job in every way!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 04:42

Thanks guys! I am really enjoying painting the new stuff to phase my old DE out of my playing lists.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 05:18

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Thanks guys! I am really enjoying painting the new stuff to phase my old DE out of my playing lists.
Sad

I'm converting old stuff with new and new with old so it all becomes a homogenized mix of dark pirate-y goodness. Fie on you for betraying the glory of the old sculpts! Gary Morley is a gawd, a tiny sculpting gawd...or I'm oddly nostalgic, I dunno...one of the above.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 06:26

I love the old stuff and this might be a bit heretical as an old-timer , but Goodwin>Morely. Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Aniasis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 00:06

That Reaper looks Great! How Did you Create that Sail?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 07:36

Aniasis wrote:
That Reaper looks Great! How Did you Create that Sail?

Thank you. It was fairly easy, just needed a lot of time and patience. I cut up several standard sails and re-arranged the pieces to give me the basic frame, then added some plasticard tubing for the extended framing, and then taped it down flat on a sheet of thin plasticard and cut the strips for the individual sail pieces. Then just made the cutouts and glued them in place.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 09:46

I failed my September vow. Sad I eventually finished and based my Incubi at 04:30 on October 1st. Pics when I get them off Facebook later on today.

++EDIT++ Here they be, terribly blurry photo though. Will post slightly better pics in the Aphotic Gallery.

The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 34146210

I'm not even going to bother making a vow for October.

Raucir

Last edited by Raucir Lustingclaw on Mon Oct 03 2011, 20:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Uploaded proof.)
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 15:01

Hydra wrote:
I vow to build+paint the Court (1 Poison-Girl, 3 Snakemen, 2 Medusea, 5 Ghuls),
I vow to build+paint 20 Warriors
I vow to make 5 Harpies

Aside from the 2nd and 3rd Sslth, i did it...

Will get some pictures to prove it Very Happy

So, where is the October Vow-Thread? Razz

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 16:55

I was hoping an admin might make a sticky at the start of each month...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 18:59

PMed relevant mods about it, I think it's a great idea for the community - though, speedfreak, as the original creator you could always make the thread and then just PM a request for a sticky, saves them work Wink

I've done the base armor coat on Duchess.
STill need to man up and decide on if I want the severed heads bit attached on my Sathypants conversion or not - then it's due for basecoat.
Put the initial layer of green skin down on over half of the Ork Shootas.
Haven't even touched the Ravagers yet - boo! (I still need to finish attaching new grubbinz to them to give them a mixed old/new look, then basecoat, then paint)

So...pretty decent progress for the month already, but soooo far to yet go.

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 19:08

It sounds like a good idea to me.

For my part I more or less failed my monthly vow, but in my own defense I only got to paint for a total of 4 hours all month.

Crazy busy...

The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 19:49

Got it Wink
/modvoice off

I guess Da Waaaagh - like format would be best. I'm playing with computers (even) more than usual (Zbrush and other things Smile), so expect something... soon.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 20:18

It is a great idea, I'm happy to use my evil powers to sticky/unsticky each month, have asked SF if he'd like to continue to make and run the threads.

EDIT - OK, Speedfreek has kindly agreed to keep running these threads and they will be stickied each month. So, stay tuned .......

Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 21:52

Foo wrote:
I'm gonna get my Razorwing jetfighter assembled and basecoated.
I'm gonna get all my Wracks flat-coloured and washed.
I'm gonna finish painting my Venom.
Not too bad, really. I mostly assembled the Razorwing and it's spraypainted.
The Wracks (the hardest of the list) are mostly painted and washed, minus the one that was failcast and had to be replaced.
The Venom is basically done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!   The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow - September - make a promise and keep it!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2