THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment

Go down 
+2
Jimsolo
The Shredder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2014, 15:29

Just curious as to people's thoughts on the different Diabolical Playthings?

Which ones do you like best?

Do you think some are better suited to particular Formations?

Also, somewhat related - how much are you willing to spend on a Haemonculus? Do you buy multiple Diabolical Playthings (or other gear), or do you keep them as cheap as possible?

Are there any Diabolical Playthings, or other wargear, that you never leave home without?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2014, 16:59

Orbs of Despair-Worthless
Syndriq's Sump-I'd take it on a haemmy in a Grotesquerie. That way if they get fleet he can keep up.
Khadesi Haemovores-Nice, not great. If you've got ten points to blow, it'd make good icing.
Vexator Mask-Pretty nice, especially on a Haemmy. I think if your meta requires it or your build works with it, it could be quite useful.
Panacea Perverted-Nice, but pricey. If you NEED your haemmy to stay alive, I'd use it.
Nightmare Doll-Best of the lot. (And most expensive. Go figure.) A Scarlet Epicurean or Dark Artisan Haemmy gets the most out of it, with a 3+ FNP (essentially).

Other than the orbs, nothing too terrible.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2014, 17:10

Jimsolo wrote:
Syndriq's Sump-I'd take it on a haemmy in a Grotesquerie.  That way if they get fleet he can keep up.
Khadesi Haemovores-Nice, not great.  If you've got ten points to blow, it'd make good icing.
Vexator Mask-Pretty nice, especially on a Haemmy.  I think if your meta requires it or your build works with it, it could be quite useful.
Panacea Perverted-Nice, but pricey.  If you NEED your haemmy to stay alive, I'd use it.
Nightmare Doll-Best of the lot.  (And most expensive.  Go figure.) A Scarlet Epicurean or Dark Artisan Haemmy gets the most out of it, with a 3+ FNP (essentially).

Interesting.

I have to say, I think this book has one of my favourite selections of artefacts.

Though, what is with Orbs of Despair? Were they misprinted? It seems like they're missing Poison or Fleshbane or, you know, a strength value. scratch
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2014, 18:53

Jimsolo wrote:
Syndriq's Sump-I'd take it on a haemmy in a Grotesquerie.  That way if they get fleet he can keep up.
Khadesi Haemovores-Nice, not great.  If you've got ten points to blow, it'd make good icing.
Vexator Mask-Pretty nice, especially on a Haemmy.  I think if your meta requires it or your build works with it, it could be quite useful.
Panacea Perverted-Nice, but pricey.  If you NEED your haemmy to stay alive, I'd use it.
Nightmare Doll-Best of the lot.  (And most expensive.  Go figure.) A Scarlet Epicurean or Dark Artisan Haemmy gets the most out of it, with a 3+ FNP (essentially).

I essentially agree with JimSolo.  I usually take Haemovores and the Vexator, but I have to admit that I they have yet to do anything for me - mostly through lack of opportunity, though.

The Sgredder wrote:
..... Though, what is with Orbs of Despair? Were they misprinted? It seems like they're missing Poison or Fleshbane or, you know, a strength value. scratch

Yeah, we're hoping that our FAQ request will fix that.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2014, 20:09

Do you think it's a good idea to take multiple artefacts on a single Haemonculus? e.g. I'm thinking about taking both the Panacea Perverted and Nightmare Doll on a Dark Artisan (Warlord) Haemonculus, but I'm wondering if that's too many points in a single model?

Or, have I just been playing too much IG lately (where spending anything on character upgrades is pretty pointless)? tongue
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2014, 21:12

Multiple artifacts are fine, depending on the cost. But I have never used my supplement haemies as warlords, either. Thus, I have never taken either of the Panacea or the Doll. I might take the Panacea at some point, but on a non-warlord Haemie I can't justify the Doll, and certainly not both.

I try to keep my DA Haemie out of harm's way, and if they crack the outer shell and get to him, well he's probably going down anyway after a turn or two.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2014, 21:13

Gobsmakked wrote:
Multiple artifacts are fine, depending on the cost.  But I have never used my supplement haemies as warlords, either.

Who or what do you use as your warlord?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 01:50

I steadfastly refuse based on fluff reasons, but many people who ally CWE are making the Craftworlders their primary detachment, and thus their warlord a CWE.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 02:00

The Shredder wrote:
Gobsmakked wrote:
Multiple artifacts are fine, depending on the cost.  But I have never used my supplement haemies as warlords, either.

Who or what do you use as your warlord?

Succubus, with a mob o' Grots.

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 10:48

Syndriq and Vexator are the only ywo artifacts I found good.
Syndriq get Fleet at your Hamey, so you can join it in other DE units likes Incubi, Wyches, Beastmasters ect..
Vexator mask is good for challenge the enemy char, get him -5 I, and crush him with the Haemy-unit (works well with Dark Artisan).

I don't like Nightmare Doll or others, cause Haem is not a powerfull HQ so why I need to protect him? These artifacts are too much expensive for what the give, and my Haem is not an Abaddon, MasterChapter or else..stick him in a good unit, and that's all.

Imho
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 10:50

Jimsolo wrote:
I steadfastly refuse based on fluff reasons, but many people who ally CWE are making the Craftworlders their primary detachment, and thus their warlord a CWE.

Ugh.

Well, I'm not doing that - I detest allies at the best of times.

Gobsmakked wrote:
Succubus, with a mob o' Grots.

I've never liked the idea of a succubus as my warlord - they always seem too fragile for my tastes.

Though, I imagine the Grots would help in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 10:59

I think Mandrake's Champion is the best general for us. You can hide him well :p

With strategic traits. Always. I don't know why I need to roll on DE chart with reroll, when any Strategic Trait is better than all DE traits.
I prefer one single roll on Strategics, about one twin-liked roll on DE Traits.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 11:38

Cerve wrote:
I think Mandrake's Champion is the best general for us. You can hide him well :p

Indeed. I'm sure even the canniest of opponents wouldn't think to look for him on my shelf. Very Happy

Cerve wrote:
With strategic traits. Always. I don't know why I need to roll on DE chart with reroll, when any Strategic Trait is better than all DE traits.
I prefer one single roll on Strategics, about one twin-liked roll on DE Traits.

In terms of the Warlord traits in the DE codex... yeah I'd always go for strategic. I will just have to live without Fear or +1WS. Rolling Eyes

Saying that, I quite like the Warlord Traits in the Coven book. They're still probably not as good as many Strategic ones, but they're at least good enough that I'd be willing to roll on them for flavour reasons.
Back to top Go down
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 21:47

Can we choose the haemoncolus from the dark artisan formation as warlord when the other detachment is realspace raiders? Because the formation would have to be your primary detachment in that case, is that possible? I think the rerolls of fnp is pretty solid

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 23:35

Yeah, I prefer the Coven traits. There's pretty much nothing useless there; strategic can't say that.

One thing not mentioned: the Vex mask is actually pretty sweet. If you have to charge into cover, it can prevent an enemy character from hitting you before you get a chance to swing. (One way or another.)
Back to top Go down
Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior
Izaeus

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 23:39

Yes you can take a formation as your primary detachment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment   Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diabolical Playthings and Haemonculus Equipment
Page 1 of 1