THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaper equipment

Go down 
+4
Vasara
Demantiae
Jimsolo
Bleaksoul Brethren
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 05:35

So I'm planning on bringing a couple of reapers, they are sexy and powerful, the only question is what if any equipment should I put on it? I'm in love with the flickerfield due to the fact the gun is a template or blast so it wont work if it jinks. Should I toss the nightshield on it for a 3+ cover if I have a bit in ruins? Should I toss a torment grenade launcher so if they get a weapons destroyed I have a 50% of not losing the main gun? I can take any of the equipment from the forge world book (I can't seem to find an up to date faq for it).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 06:26

Take the TGL and Night Shield both. At 5 pts apiece, they're a steal!
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 06:39

That's what I was thinking TGL, night shield, and flickerfield for 20 points seems to be too good to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 10:48

One thing that caught my eye about the Reaper is the blast weapon causes pinning. That could be a blessing if you want to send in your assault troops who forgot to pack their plasma grenades! Incubi don't need to worry about going last in the combat if the unit they charge is pinned.

Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 12:45

Reaper is the one kite that would benefit the most from FF as it shoots blasts. Othervice I would keep it as cheap as possible.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 21:43

I'm liking the look of the Reaper (really nice model), and I'm just wanting to check, are these:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/r/Reaper.pdf
The most up to date rules? Or are there updated ones in a Forge World book? (I know it's in a book somewhere, but I can't remember which one, and if they're different)

Incubi
Azdrubael

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 21:52

There has to be big update soon.

lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2015, 04:08

I am still pon the fence about my reaper, he rolls with my ravagers and seems to not really do much. He killed a squiggoth but that and a rhino are really the only things he killed.
Back to top Go down
SweaterKittens
Hellion
SweaterKittens

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 11:52

Don't forget that the second firing mode is just a single shot, not a template. So you can snap-shoot with it, but it'll be atrocious.

But as for your actual question, I'd say run all three. They're cheap as dirt, and for 20 pts you're getting a 50% chance of shrugging off weapon destroyed, +1 to your cover saves, and a 5++. Even if you don't jink, clever positioning and using intervening models will give you a great cover save with Night shields.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reaper equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper equipment   Reaper equipment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaper equipment
Page 1 of 1