THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Daemons of Chaos Allies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slave

Daemons of Chaos Allies Empty
PostSubject: Daemons of Chaos Allies   Daemons of Chaos Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 21:03

Has anyone had any success using Daemon allies before? I was thinking of starting a Khorne-themed group as allies, but I wanted to know how they played first in conjunction with evil space elves.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos Allies   Daemons of Chaos Allies I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2014, 03:40

Probably worth reading up 1d4chan's assessment of the Daemon codex and tactics HERE if you haven't already. While it must be read with a grain of salt, it breaks down their play style pretty accurately if you don't mind the occasionally rude and occasionally hilarious language.
Obviously if you have done the Daemon research then don't mind me.
I've been looking into Nurgle allies for some fast-threat DPs and some solid objective holders. As long as we keep them apart from each other there shouldn't be any issues right? Aka assault DE with slow and shooty Daemons, or rawr-in-your-face Daemons with shooting-focused DE.

I've run Daemon allies before for my CSM army, and they can fill in some niches DE otherwise don't have. Khorne Skull Cannons provide solid anti-infantry ignores cover large blasts, while Soul Grinders are remarkably durable anti-air platforms that can dish out the pain vs other targets at range and in CC if upgraded wisely.

It's all about covering each others' weaknesses while playing to each army's strengths, right?
Since DE are epic at regular Anti-Infantry you don't need more of that. Durable objective holders? Yes please, DE could use some of those. Anti-air and both offensive and defensive psyker business? Also totally worth it.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos Allies   Daemons of Chaos Allies I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2014, 10:24

I have been thinking of a daemon allied detachment to partially replace my beloved Beaststar (RIP). Basically a massive unit of Fleshhounds led by a Herald of Khorne on a Juggernaut and minimum troops to meet the FOC requirement (probably some Nurglings).

Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos Allies   Daemons of Chaos Allies I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29 2014, 22:11

Count have you tried that yet?
I'm looking at testing out a list soonish, hoping for a review.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos Allies   Daemons of Chaos Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daemons of Chaos Allies
Page 1 of 1