THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Chaos Daemons

Go down 
+3
Logan Frost
Sess
TeenageAngst
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

8e  - Chaos Daemons Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 19:26

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/13/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-chaos-daemons/

But the real question is, can Pink Horrors summon?
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 19:54

From what I have heard summoning will now require you to actually leave points aside from your army list the start of the game when making your army list to create a new unit. You can add models to an existing unit without it costing points, but creating new daemon units costs points.

I am guessing pink horrors splitting into smaller horrors probably won't cost points but if they summon another squad of daemons with a power then it would cost points.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 19:58

If they have to dedicate part of their list's point to summoning they can do whatever they wish.
No more 1500 vs 1500 but they field 3000.

The important thing is will we have a rule similar to Quicksilver Swiftness?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 21:51

Forcing summoning to be points based is really really dumb in my opinion since it ruins the point of summoning. I could understand making the cast harder each subsequent summon but shoot, daemons can already deep strike so what advantage does summoning confer?
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 21:55

The advantage would be to have an adaptable list.
You could literally change your list midgame based on what you are facing or how the game is going.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 21:57

I'd rather have all my points not being bet on a lucky cast value.
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 21:58

Logan Frost wrote:
The advantage would be to have an adaptable list.
You could literally change your list midgame based on what you are facing or how the game is going.

Yeah, I am thinking that undivided chaos will have this advantage. For chaos devoted to a specific god I am thinking there will be bonuses and restrictions for only using units with the "thousand sons" or "tzeentch" faction keywords for playing a tzeentch army. I'm also thinking this is how they will keep khorne daemonkin in the game, maybe using only units with the khorne keywords will give something similar to the previous blood tithe system.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 22:02

Me too. It's the price to be adaptable and unpredictable, but I don't like to gamble.
And we actually don't know the details about how it works, it could be more reliable than a simple die throw.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 23:17

It's gonna be like Sigmar where people can deny it. Daemons just got executed with this rule.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 23:50

TeenageAngst wrote:
It's gonna be like Sigmar where people can deny it. Daemons just got executed with this rule.
Summoning in 7th is complete and utter BS, no army should ever be allowed to field hundreds or even thousands of points more models than their opponent. This mechanic turns summoning into a variable reserves set up which can have it's uses and summoners are going to be better protected in 40K than Sigmar thanks to the rule that you can't target characters if they aren't the closest unit.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSun May 14 2017, 00:34

Imateria wrote:
Summoning in 7th is complete and utter BS, no army should ever be allowed to field hundreds or even thousands of points more models than their opponent.

Totally agree with this.  Its the opposite of balance.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeSun May 14 2017, 00:52

Just because I don't like the new summoning rule doesn't mean I hold 7th edition's summoning as the epitome of fair and balanced gameplay. Something where summoned units don't cost points but for every unit summoned the difficulty of the cast goes up would be far superior to this ghetto deep strike nonsense. So you can be flexible in your list on the fly, that's great until you realize there's a few compounding issues:

- Having max-sized units is where your power comes from. You can only summon in increments of the smallest unit size. This means summoned units are inherently the weakest form of that unit.

- You can only summon if your summoner survives long enough to do so and isn't near anyone who can deny them, unlike traditional deep strike reserves.

- It's entirely possible you need to set aside those "reserves points" in your list for matched play. This means if you're facing an army where it would behoove you to have all your units start on the table but you already allocated 500 points to "reserves points" for summoning, you're boned. With deep strike you can just pick at deployment what does what and you're good.

- All Daemons have deep strike anyway.

- You can charge out of deep strike now too.

More evidence that we're going to be absolutely bonkers next edition, and evidence that Daemons are going to suck except for a couple of viable builds a-la Tyranids currently. I'm thinking Slaanesh and Khorne are going to be those two lists, and both will be very fast/melee oriented.
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeTue May 16 2017, 02:27

I think Nurgle is going to be scary- 16 wounds on a lord of change?!?! (Assuming splinter weapons are equivalently the same as they are now, that would require about 96 shots.) If the lord of change is 16 wounds, a great unclean one will likely have 19-22 wounds.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitimeTue May 16 2017, 02:48

The thing with summoning is that it is an option. Granted, it is a risky option, but an option nonetheless. If Daemons are balanced properly, then you won't need to be able to summon more in order to win with them. That being said, I think it would be cool if Daemons got a perk that is tantamount to extra reserve points for summoning, or greater ease and reliability to do so. I'm not worried about them being good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Chaos Daemons   8e  - Chaos Daemons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Chaos Daemons
Page 1 of 1