THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Craftworld Nebula

Go down 
+6
spellcheck2001
Gobsmakked
Squidmaster
The_Burning_Eye
Cavalier
Black Death
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 05:58

So a few weeks back I decided that the old paint scheme for my Eldar was just a little tired for me now. So after a few months of internet research I came up with Craftworld Nebula, based off of Saim Han and Iyanden mix. This is the start of it:
Craftworld Nebula Nebulahost2_zps6e7f1a71
Craftworld Nebula Nebulacrimson2_zps1822f89e

Wych
Cavalier

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 11:50

Hey Black Death... seen a very similar looking army on 40kOnline before it went down a few weeks ago... you wouldn't perhaps be the same poster? Anyway the army looks fantastic! The color gradiation, the starfield density is perfect! I would suggest a semi-gloss varnish though I think it'd enhance the contrast. Other than very nicely executed... show us MOAR!

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 11:54

This looks amazing! Wish I had these sorts of skills!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 12:28

Thanks guys. Yup Cav, that's me, Dread over there. I'm hoping it gets back up soon.

I just haven't decided how I'm going to paint the infantry to go with it yet.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 12:52

Whoof.
They look amazing! Bravo!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 18:20

Thanks! Now if I can just get some more done....

Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19 2015, 11:51

I finished my CH.
Craftworld Nebula Nf2_zpsbee8de34
Craftworld Nebula Nf_zps1d969ee8

Wych
Cavalier

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19 2015, 12:04

Dude.... looking killer. The nebula looks killer as ever... but its the details that take it over the top. The buttons near the cockpit, the gold on the thrusters and that killer base! What is that man? I totally love it

Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 03:00

I went to hobby lobby in their plastic floral stuff and found some that look alienish and went with it. glad ya like and more to come,.

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 17:19

They all look amazing, but yeah, the finishing touches on the Crimson Hunter make it extra sweet! This really is an awesome army scheme, BD, I would love to see your whole army when it's done.

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 23:01

Holy cow! These are absolutely fantastic Black Death.......I......Um..... Lost for words dude. Seriously cool.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
nexs
Wych
nexs

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2015, 23:58

Sah purdy

Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 02:10

Thanks guys. I hope to get more done soon. Will post pics soon.

Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 15:41

Craftworld Nebula Farseer%202_zps41qfoh1q

Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 23:54

Beautiful!

Slave
Trollapan

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 20:16

I really really love the painting.
Extraordinary painting ideas and execution.
Love it!
Back to top Go down
SweaterKittens
Hellion
SweaterKittens

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2015, 06:30

I know this sounds silly, but how did you get the stars to look so good?
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2015, 15:07

You get a course Brissel brush and dip it into some thinned white or whatever color you like and take your finger and pull back thru the brissels so it flings the paint at the surface. Different size brushes from craft to house painting will give small to bigger stars. Hope this helps.

Craftworld Nebula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Nebula   Craftworld Nebula I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftworld Nebula
Page 1 of 1