THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

multiple formation detachments?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

multiple formation detachments? Empty
PostSubject: multiple formation detachments?   multiple formation detachments? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 18:55

Maybe I'm missing something, so I figured I'd ask, are there any rules about taking the same formation more than once in a single army? I.E. taking two dark artisan formations in a 1500 pt. list...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: multiple formation detachments?   multiple formation detachments? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 22:59

No problem with that whatsoever. Nothing in the rules prevents multiples of a detachment or formation.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: multiple formation detachments?   multiple formation detachments? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 23:02

Nope! Hell, take it three times! Tournaments may have house rules, however, so check ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: multiple formation detachments?   multiple formation detachments? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17 2014, 01:01

Only restriction is if the Formation inclues a unique character. Those are restricted army-wide.
Back to top Go down
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

PostSubject: Re: multiple formation detachments?   multiple formation detachments? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17 2014, 02:05

That's what I was thinking, I just wanted to get confirmation from my fellow dark eldar...
Back to top Go down
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

PostSubject: Re: multiple formation detachments?   multiple formation detachments? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19 2014, 17:52

So, we played a 4 player, 2 on 2 style game, my DE with my buddies eldar, against AM and Space Wolves. The two Dark Artisan did their job nicely, dropping in on a 2+ from the Eldar Autarch, heat lances destroying 1 basilisk, and 1 hydra on drop. Next turn they crushed the other basilisk and hydra in cc. The two grot boats tied up both wolf guard squads for most of the game, and my buddy got the rest of the work done with his eldar, it was a complete slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: multiple formation detachments?   multiple formation detachments? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

multiple formation detachments?
Page 1 of 1