THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can a succubus take a court?

Go down 
+2
Ciirian
Deuce11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Deuce11
Slave
Deuce11

Can a succubus take a court?  Empty
PostSubject: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 05:01

I read the codex and personally thought that the only way to get a court was to take an archon. I was told on another thread that a court can be taken on its own and a succubus may attach to it. So I am starting this thread to get clarity on the situation. What's the deal?
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 05:16

i think that is right. A Cout can be taken as a HQ choice or be taken with an Archon without taking up an HQ choice. That is what I think it says anyway.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 05:37

The Succubus (Independent Character) can join the Court (unit).

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Deuce11
Slave
Deuce11

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 05:54

I suppose the"retainer" rule doesn't prevent taking it as a stand along HQ unit. I don't know. .. doesn't pass that smell test to me. Anyone have furthest confirmation from GW?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 06:35

Not so far. But RAW allows it, albeit at the cost of an HQ slot.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 11:34

Deuce11 wrote:
I suppose the"retainer" rule doesn't prevent taking it as a stand along HQ unit. I don't know. .. doesn't pass that smell test to me. Anyone have furthest confirmation from GW?

The court is a HQ choice as per its codex entry (the top of the entry shows us the HQ symbol)

This means you can take it as a HQ choice.

The retainers rule allows you to take a court without using a HQ slot provided you have an archon

Once its part of the list - any DE IC or allied battle brother can join it as per any other unit

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Deuce11
Slave
Deuce11

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 13:58

Got it. thanks all
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21 2014, 20:30

The court is the only hq I use nowdays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a succubus take a court?    Can a succubus take a court?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a succubus take a court?
Page 1 of 1