THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dracon and Succubus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

Dracon and Succubus Empty
PostSubject: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 01:47

Working on my 5 man blaster born unit and wondering what weapon to take with the 5th? Just take the splinter riifle or perhaps upgrade to the splinter cannon or a dark lance for more tank popping fire power? What about upgrading to a dracon and if so what weapons to take?

Also, I'm considering running a Succubus dual welding agonizers. The model looks great with two agonizers!

Thoughts, ideas, and opinions?
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 03:48

Well, blaster born really serve two purposes, shooting tanks and shooting elites. I don't know if it makes much sense to put anyone with close combat abilities in the unit, as its much easier for your opponent to shoot your squad to death than assault it. If they do end up assaulting your squad, your blaster born are dead, leaving your expensive IC to now attempt to take out the rest of the squad. I would much rather put a succubus in a venom with blood brides, or even better a raider with blood brides. While true born do get 2 attacks they are really just warriors with an extra attack and don't gain any resilience.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 05:11

Blasterborn should only be fielded in groups of four.

That said, that doesn't mean that I won't be building a full squad of ten.

My two slaves.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 06:36

And dual agonisers would give you nothing, since an agoniser and any normal close combat weapon would also grant you an extra attack.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 09:29

Dual agonisers are identical to agoniser and ccw, so it would be wysiwyg to represent agoniser and ccw with dual agonisers. Just cosmetic conversion (sligtly sub--optimal since you lose pistol, not big deal, I forget my wychs have pistols most games Rolling Eyes ), at least I assume thats what op meant. I second grey seerz comment, don't use cc ic with blasterborn, use 4 man unit in venom.
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 10:09

That makes sense to only use a four man blasterborn unit in a venom. Not sure why I was so concerned with the 5th squad member when I could just drop him!

I am concerned about the wysiwyg with the succubus though. While I don't play in tourneys or any competitive leagues at the moment I would like to work up to that point eventually. Keeping that in mind while assembling my army, what other ccw could an agonizer represent other than an electrocorrosive whip? I'm not terribly concerned with losing the pistol as I put the succubus with wyches and a raider for CC.
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 12:15

Plague wrote:
That makes sense to only use a four man blasterborn unit in a venom. Not sure why I was so concerned with the 5th squad member when I could just drop him!

I am concerned about the wysiwyg with the succubus though. While I don't play in tourneys or any competitive leagues at the moment I would like to work up to that point eventually. Keeping that in mind while assembling my army, what other ccw could an agonizer represent other than an electrocorrosive whip? I'm not terribly concerned with losing the pistol as I put the succubus with wyches and a raider for CC.

Honestly, WYSIWYG is how tournaments are run, but there is no reason you can't just say that the other whip is just a whip, and the first one, is the agonizer. Afterall, there is nothing which defines what a CCW even looks like. I would honestly be shocked if half the people you played even knew what an agonizer looks like. Not to mention tons of people throw large honking power weapons on models calling them regular CCWs just because they like the way they look. Personally I don't think there would be any issue in the tournament scene. If your really worried you could always just bring her and a correctly armed wych, let your opponent know at the beginning of the game, and if they really have issues with it, use the single whip/pistol model. Again, I would be utterly blown away if anyone made you do this, especially if it looks badass and is painted great Very Happy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dracon and Succubus   Dracon and Succubus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dracon and Succubus
Page 1 of 1