THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Coven

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hejle
Slave

1850 Coven Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Coven   1850 Coven I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 11:24

Scarlet epicureans
Haemonculus (warlord)

4 wracks + 1 wrack w/ossefactor
In a Raider with a dark lance and chain snares

In a Raider with a dark lance and chain snares

Cronos w/spirit probe

Grotesquerie
Haemonculus w/syndriq's sump

3 x Grotesques + 1 Aberatopm w/scissorhand        
in a Raider with enchanced aethersail

3 x Grotesques + 1 Aberatopm w/scissorhand        
in a Raider with enchanced aethersail

Scalpal scroudron
In a Venom with dual splinter cannons

In a Venom with dual splinter cannons

Corpsethief claw
5 x Talos w/chain flails

My own thoughts about the list:
It's designed for eternal war missions, trying to optimize the amount of VP i can get throughout the game. First blood (d3), getting my own warlord killed (d3) and the corpse thief for murdering squads in close combat.
My main consern is the lack of anti-tank in the list, without out sacrificing my flying monstrous creture fire power (corpsethief claw's splinter cannons).

Thought and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Hejle //

Last edited by hejle on Sat Jan 03 2015, 02:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated army list caused by miscalculation)
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

1850 Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven   1850 Coven I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 12:59

I'm trying to run something very similar except i only have 3 talos and 2 cronos. i haven't ran scarlet epicurians yet or scalpel squad, but dark artisan with liqui and wwp on haemonculus and twin linked liquifier on the talos and spirit probe on cronos seriously melts face. took em to a game against necrons. melted 20 warriors and a named character, then moved to the monolith and destroyed it then tied up a ctan for 2 rounds before getn taken out.

like i said though i don't have enough to try corpsethief yet but idk how much i like it. because ya they get a scout move. but i feel like they can be easily out maneuvered. i think it would be better to take off the flails and give them some anti tank ability. its gonna take several turns for them to get within charging range an they will probably still get tied up in combat for a round or 2... by then the game is almost over and you won't get as many VP from that unit as you want. they are also bullet magnets and you WILL lose a few before you get to charge them, and since talos are your main anti tank for coven giving them those twin linked haywire blasters with range 24, already being 18 inches up the field from scout you are already in range of pretty much everything you would need to hit. and a volley of haywire shots is scary to anyone, might give your trots the chance they need to get in and make nasty with the enemy.
Back to top Go down
hejle
Slave

1850 Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven   1850 Coven I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 02:03

My problem with the haywire is it is excellent against AV but useless against everything else. So i think i will try out the splinter cannons. I can definiatly see the benefit of the antitank it would provide in my list, but i think it has the staying power to ignore tanks at range. And go collecting VP in close combat.  

I think the reroll to wounds will ensure i wont by tied up more then 2 close combat phases, unless im facing 30+ wounds.

I also considered adding the darl artisan formation instead of the corpse thief, it would definatly save me a lot of pts allowing all sort of other different toys Smile

I've recalculater the pts and seen i have made som calculation flaws. So i have editet the first post with the slightly modified list (-4 chain snares, -2 darklances +syndriq's sump).

Lastly i will try the list tomorrow, if i have the time i will at some point write up a battle report.

Cheers Hejle//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1850 Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven   1850 Coven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Coven
Page 1 of 1