THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 pts Coven with Wraith support

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hejle
Slave

1850 pts Coven with Wraith support Empty
PostSubject: 1850 pts Coven with Wraith support   1850 pts Coven with Wraith support I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 14:29

Dark Eldar (Primary CAD)
Urien Rakarth - 190 pts
Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun, Power Axe - 70 pts

3 Wracks - 30 pts
Raider - lance, aethersails - 65 pts

3 Wracks - 30 pts

4 models - 3 Uber grotesques one with a liquifier gun, Uber Aberation with venomblade - 185 pts

4 models - 3 Uber grotesques, Uber Aberation with venomblade - 175 pts

4 models - 3 Uber grotesques, Uber Aberation with venomblade - 175 pts

Eldar - Allied Detachment
Spiritseer - Shard of Anaris - 110

5 Wraithblades - axes - 160 pts
5 Wraithblades - axes - 160 pts

Wraithknight - Two Heavy wraithcannons - 240pts

The characters goes with the Uber Grots. The wraithblades goes for high armor targets with str 10 or instant death weapons, the grots for everything else. The wracks ditch their rides and hide. The wraith blades use the raiders to get into position.

I'm obviously missing some antiair but i think the list kan tage a huge amount of punishment with mainly T5+.

Should i swap the Lances for disintigrators ? should i get a squad of wraithguard to have more ranged antitank ?

Thoughts and comments on the list is appreciated!

//Cheers Hejle
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts Coven with Wraith support   1850 pts Coven with Wraith support I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 19:49

I'm hesitant on this list. While you have plenty of CC power, I think the list will run into a few issues with various opponents.

1. Heavy Mech lists will likely limit the mobility of your army by taking out your 5 transports quickly. Further, you're going to be limited in the amount of damage you can do to higher AV mech, with only 5 lances and 2 wraithcannon shots as your dedicated AT. Yes, the grots can damage vehicles up to AV12, but again, once your 5 transports are gone, their mobility is limited.

2. Against a horde list, or scoring MSU lists, the fact that your grots are going to win their CCs won't really matter so much. You'll likely get outscored just based on them having several objective secured units, while you're limited to 4 slow movers.

3. Poison. Against another DE list with a decent number of poison shots and AT, you'd probably get annihilated. Case in point: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t9679-level-2-venom-spam-1850

Having said that, the lists that it DOES work against, it'll probably work very well against, possibly tabling your opponent. AND it will be lots of CC fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alpharius
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts Coven with Wraith support   1850 pts Coven with Wraith support I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 23:47

If you want antiair you could go for eldar war walkers with missile launcher. I'm working on a list similar to yours but I'm using the war walkers in place of a wraith knight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pts Coven with Wraith support   1850 pts Coven with Wraith support I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 pts Coven with Wraith support
Page 1 of 1