THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 22:33

I wanted to try a few things - Wracks, Hexrifles and Liquifier Guns. Not especially optimal, but we'll see what happens.

Covenite Coterie Detachment
- Haemonculus w/ Scissorhands, Panacea Perverted, Hexrifle
- Haemonculus w/ Scissorhands, Sindriq's Sump, Liquifier Gun, WWP
- 5 Wracks w/ Ossefactor, Acothyst w/ Hexrifle, Raider w/ Dark Lance
- 5 Wracks w/ Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Liquifier Gun, Raider w/ Dark Lance

DE CAD
- Archon w/ Blaster, WWP
- 5 Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster, Venom w/ Splinter Cannon
- 5 Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster, Venom w/ Splinter Cannon
- 5 Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ Splinter Cannon
- 5 Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom w/ Splinter Cannon
- 5 Scourges w/ 4x Heat Lance
- Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance

The Panacea Haemonculus joins the Ossefactor Wracks, the Sump Haemonculus joins the Liquifier Wracks and the Archon joins the Heat Lance scourges. If you're wondering why the Archon has a blaster, rather than a Haywire Grenade, it's so I can use the unit to hunt a MC if there are no suitable vehicle targets.

I know they're not particularly optimal, but I want my Warlord haemonculus to have Scissorhands and the Panacea Perverted.

Also, I have a few questions:
1) I'm thinking that the Hexrifle Haemonculus should be my warlord, but do you think I'd be better off using the liquifier one instead (if it matters, whichever one I choose as warlord will have the Panacea Perverted)?
2) With the second Wrack squad, do you think 3 liquifiers (including the Haemonculus) is a good idea, or should I make it two liquifiers and an Ossefactor?
3) I want my Warlord Haemonculus to have the Panacea Perverted and Scissorhands (part of his character), but the other Haemonculus' Sump and Scissorhands are disposable - do you think there's something better to spend them on?

Also, any other thoughts or suggestions for this list?
(I appreciate that it's harder because I'm set on trying some sub-optimal stuff).
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 22:17

I admire your persistence in trying to find a good use for Wracks outside of the Scalpel Squadron.  Very Happy

Godspeed on your quest, you brave soul.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 22:36

sweetbacon wrote:
I admire your persistence in trying to find a good use for Wracks outside of the Scalpel Squadron.  Very Happy

Godspeed on your quest, you brave soul.

lol!
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 23:07

Three Dark Lances on a single Ravager do nothing for you. I would rather have dissies on ravs and raiders. You have plenty of blasters for AT.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 23:17

egorey wrote:

Three Dark Lances on a single Ravager do nothing for you.

I don't follow what you mean here. Why is 3 Dark Lances on a Ravager bad?

egorey wrote:
I would rather have dissies on ravs and raiders. You have plenty of blasters for AT.

Well, I have 11. It takes an average of 9 to destroy a single Chimera. Even with the Scourges supplementing them, that seems like a dubious thing to rely on for my anti-tank.

Also, they're only 18" range, which severely limits my ability to hurt tanks in the early game or on the backfield.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 00:27

And how many dark lance shots to glance a chim? You have fibve lances. Five dissies make a mess of meq and teq. Just saying.
And I'm counting 11 blasters and 4 heat lances  - you only take out one chim? Really?
(And BTW - have you ever rammed with a raider with prows and aethersails)

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 07:34

Okay so here's the thing about the Dark Lances:

1.  You have one of the most potent weapons in your arsenal available on only two platforms.  Whereas you have anti-tank ability loaded on a half dozen HIGHLY capable and at least as sturdy platforms:  10 Scourges are as good as two Ravaegrs and they do more things, Reaver Hammer of Wrath attacks mash hulls, Trueborn Blasters/Heat Lances tear them open, Pure Grotesque brute Strength can ruin most vehicles in round 2, Void Raven Bombers, or the Fighters can both tear into armor and be protected from harm by a great many weapons by sheer probability, Sslyths and their buddies on the charge... So either dont HAVE the Ravagers or if you're set on them, let someone else handle the heavy lifting and let Ravagers drop kick infantry like no ones business.  Don't use the only platforms that can take Dissintegrators with something else!

2.  Disintegrator Ravagers are GREAT reserves.  After the enemy has been somewhat overrun; and preccupied and after some of their transports have been blown is the optimal time to bring in Disintegrators.  Enemy anti-tank ability and focus are lessened by this time.

3.  Jinking with a Raider occupied by a Kabalite Blaster gives you two shots only one snap firing, or you get 3 snap firing with a Ravager.  But a Ravager will never score like the Kabalites will.  And if the Raider is killed you still have a lance.  So really once those Ravagers start Jinking you're only losing one shot if you replace them in function with a Raider that's got a blaster inside!  

Just food for thought.

Last edited by Unorthodoxy on Wed Jan 07 2015, 21:04; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 19:11

That is what I was trying to say J, lol. But you know ravs do score and the passsengers do not snap shot in a raider that jinks. That said it makes noo difference to the gist of the ideas. I do not see ravs as AT anymore in 7ed. If I had a free spot in either FA or HS I would take a razorwing or voidraven first. That assuming I had the points. The rav trap is the range on DLs - what else has that range? Well, flyers do. And if you are moving or jinking with your rav it loses its appeal quicly when it sports DLs. In fact I prefer dissies on any boat.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt List   1500pt List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt List
Page 1 of 1