THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pearso63
Slave

1500pt list Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt list   1500pt list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 17:55

I'm looking for a list that is suitable for games with my friends but can also stand up for itself in a tournament, at the minute I was thinking of something like this:

H.Q.
Archon:shadowfield, agoniser and combat drugs:120pts
Succubus:Agoniser:85pts

Elites:
4 incubi:venom:143pts
4 blood brides:razorflails, venom:117pts
3 Trueborn: Darklances, plasma grenades:114pts

Troops:
10 warriors:shredder, splinter cannon, raider with splinter racks:175pts
10 warriors:shredder, splinter cannon, raider with splinter racks:175pts
5 wyches:Hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, Hekatrix with agoniser in venom:155pts
5 wyches:Hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, Hekatrix with agoniser in venom:155pts

Heavy support:
Ravager: Dark lances:105pts
Razorwing: flickerfield:155pts

Total:1499pts

The archon will go with the incubi and the succubus with the bloodbrides, the trueborn and ravager will target tanks and elite infantry whilst everything else will target infantry/monstrous creatures. the razorwing will target flyers and light infantry mobs.
Back to top Go down
Laetur
Slave
Laetur

1500pt list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt list   1500pt list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 19:31

I don't believe your list can stand in a tournament a chance. A lot of things in this list aren't planned well. Some units are under equipped and others are over equipped.

The Archon lacks the Phantasm Granade Launcher, so the Inccubi won't have grenades and can't charge through cover. Also you could drop the combat drugs on him, if you equipt the agoniser. Most Drugs are useless with this weapon on an Archon (running, +1 strength, +1 weaponskill... only reroll failed wounds, pain tokens and +1 attack gives a decent bonus. So 50% chance only that it will give you something).
Personally i like the Huskblade-Souletrap Archon, but this isn't a combo to field with Inccubi.
Also the Inccubi's Venom doesn't have a second Splinter Cannon -> Get it!

Bloodbrides are kind of... mh, not good. They are Wytches for +3 points per model and can't score! Also to small to do anything. If you want to field the Agoniser Succubus put it into a unit of 9 Wytches, but you shouldn't pay points for the Bloodbrides.

The Trueborns Venom doesnt have the second Splinter Cannon, too. Get it! Now your Shooting output on 12"+36" incrased already by 25% for 20 points...
Also i don't see any sense in those Plasma Grenades. You could also take 3 Trueborns with Blasters and give them Haywire Grenades. Doesn't give you first turn shooting, but if you are in range you can shoot the target and if it survives charge it and haywire it to death Smile

Your troop choice is decent too.
First off you use 5 man Wytch units with Haywire Grenades and give them a Hekatrix Agoniser?
They are to small to survive close combat and are to expensiv to be used as anti tank. So take either 9/10 of those with a agonised Hekatrix or take 5, without anything, except the Haywire Grenades. And again: Take the second Splinter Cannon on the Venoms! (+50% shooting now for 40 points more...)

I'm not sure about the Shredder in your Warriors. Ok, you want to be in 12" rapid fire range anyway, but it won't benefit from splinter racks. But that is a personal choice.
You didn't said which models and vehicles you can take, but you should think about switching the Warriors with the Wytches, if you want to go in close combat with those. Because 5 man are to small to do anything, specially with overwatch.

The Razorwing is so far fine. A Void Raven is better for anti-air, but the Razorwing is better against everything. So it's multi purpose.
But maybe you are lacking anti-tank power shooting power: 7 lances on field in turn 1... will cause 1,55 glances and 0,77 pens. Not so much.

Also in overall Point comparison a Venom Blade is far more efficient as an Agoniser.

I hope you notice some difference:
OnlineCodex wrote:
***************  2 HQ ***************  
Archon, 1 x Venom Blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadowfield
- - - > 120 Points

Succubus, 1 x Venom Blade
- - - > 70 Points

***************  2 Elite ***************  
4 x Inccubi
+ Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon
- - - > 153 Points

3 x Kabalite Trueborns, 3 x Blaster, Haywire Grenades
- - - > 152 Points

***************  4 Troops ***************  
9 x Wytches, Hekatrix with Venom Blade
+ Raider, Dark Lance
- - - > 165 Points

10 x Wytches, Hekatrix with Venom Blade
+ Raider, Dark Lance
- - - > 175 Points

5x Wytches, Haywire Grenades
- - - > 125 Points

5x Kabalite Warriors, 1x Blaster(Shredder)
- - - > 125(115) Points

***************  3 Heavy Support ***************  
Razorwing, Flickershield
- - - > 155 Points

Revager, 3 x Dark Lance
- - - > 105 Points

Revager, 3 x Dark Lance
- - - > 105 Points

So still 50 points (60 points if you take the shredder) left to spend for some more stuff, like Nightshields and Flickershields.
You have more Lances on field and far more splinter shoots, specially on long range.
If you want to field Wytches with a Succubus put those units in Raiders. The special weapons aren't worth it. A Power-Lance Succubus is also a nice choice.

You can think about fielding Haywire Wytches in Venoms, Kabalite Warriors in Venoms or even get another Raider with 10 Wytches or Warriors in it.

I'm not sure how competitive your normal meta is, but you should be able to give them a tough time with this list and also use some dirty tricks in tournaments. Personally i won't field a Succubus, if i want to charge with Wytches. I go with liquified Haemonculi and those stay in the Raider and Flame up stuff, or disembark 2" away from the Wytches. Burning up the enemy and try to avoid Overwatch with them. Even if they die, it's sometime worth it.

Greetings, Laetur
Back to top Go down
Pearso63
Slave

1500pt list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt list   1500pt list I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 10:37

Thanks for the advice, how about your suggested list but with 4 blasterborn and nightshields on one of the ravagers? Also would you advise multi-charging with the wytches because if the whole unit charges at one enemy unit it is quite possible that they could be left in the open after wiping out the enemy in combat and then be destroyed in the enemy shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

1500pt list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt list   1500pt list I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 11:17

Pearso63 wrote:
Also would you advise multi-charging with the wytches because if the whole unit charges at one enemy unit it is quite possible that they could be left in the open after wiping out the enemy in combat and then be destroyed in the enemy shooting phase.

This is situational, of course, but generally I'd say no. Wyches aren't actually that killy in close combat, so there's often not much danger of wiping out all of your opponents in a single combat phase (assuming you're charging a decent squad and not, for instance, a lone Fire Warrior). Also multi-charging usually means exposing them to multiple overwatch fire, which they're pretty vulnerable to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500pt list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt list   1500pt list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt list
Page 1 of 1