THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mandrake Haemonculus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Mandrake Haemonculus Empty
PostSubject: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 23:41

I want to try and make a sort of sorcerer-haemonculus out of a mandrake. However, if possible I'd like to replace the legs. Ideally, I'm looking for a narrower posture and perhaps something a bit more 'sorcerous'.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 13:27

I use this one as a haemocules with the splindly talos arm things out the back instead of the goal posts! As its resin a sharp knife, some warm water and a steady hand you could probably carve the body out to leave the bottom Hal and the tubes and vials perhaps?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_RENEGADES/RENEGADE_ROGUE_PSYKERS.html

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 13:34

Maybe a bit far, but can I suggest the Wood Elf Mage?

Mandrake Haemonculus M490457_99060204084_woodelfmalespellsingercastingmain_445x319

The face can easily be changed a little bit. A l'ittle green stuff to cover over the mouth will give it the smooth look of the current Mandrakes.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 21:24

Thats one creepy looking mage.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 21:29

One... amusing idea I had was to get a Supreme Sorceress and cut her off completely, then glue the mandrake's top half to that torrent of souls underneath her:

Mandrake Haemonculus 99800212008_SupremeSorceressNEW01

Not sure if I have the skill to pull that sort of thing off though.

Grub wrote:
I use this one as a haemocules with the splindly talos arm things out the back instead of the goal posts! As its resin a sharp knife, some warm water and a steady hand you could probably carve the body out to leave the bottom Hal and the tubes and vials perhaps?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_RENEGADES/RENEGADE_ROGUE_PSYKERS.html

Wow, that guy is practically a haemonculus already.

Definitely worth considering, thanks.

Squidmaster wrote:
Maybe a bit far, but can I suggest the Wood Elf Mage?

The face can easily be changed a little bit. A l'ittle green stuff to cover over the mouth will give it the smooth look of the current Mandrakes.

Thing is though, I really like the current mandrake models - especially the heads and flaming arms. So, I'm more looking to keep those parts - rather than trying to find a model to 'impersonate' a mandrake.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 22:59

This is what my "master artisan" looks like, I'm sure you could do something with the mandrake body!
Mandrake Haemonculus C_data10

The vortex thing with the sorcerers that you mentioned would be amazing though! Very "Decapitator-esq"king of the mandrakes!

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 23:12

Grub wrote:
This is what my "master artisan" looks like, I'm sure you could do something with the mandrake body!
Mandrake Haemonculus C_data10

Whether or not I use it with my Mandrake, you've certainly convinced me to get that model.

Grub wrote:

The vortex thing with the sorcerers that you mentioned would be amazing though! Very "Decapitator-esq"king of the mandrakes!

I think I will give it a try. I was just thinking that if I cut off the 'streams' of souls, I could possibly use them to either give him a flaming sword or else make it look like he's shooting fire from his arm.

At worst, I'll have written off a Mandrake and will take over with one of his buddies.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2015, 08:42

I think that would look great, I would also have a look through most if the daemon models both from 40k and fantasy, there are a lot there which might at the very least give some inspiration! Still a very nice idea, hope you can pull it off!

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 23:15

One other possibility - do you think this might work?

Mandrake Haemonculus 99809915024_HeraldKhorne01

(I'm thinking in terms of posture and waist size).
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 03:11

Potentially, maybe a but two daemonic (hooves etc) might take away from the dark eldar esq about it? how about the changeling from 40k daemons? The hooded robe might be quite fitting? Just to brainstorm! At the end of the day its what you think is the most fitting which is most important!

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 09:06

Grub wrote:
Potentially, maybe a but two daemonic (hooves etc) might take away from the dark eldar esq about it?

Well, some of the Mandrake fluff does suggest that they're partially daemon. Laughing

Grub wrote:
how about the changeling from 40k daemons? The hooded robe might be quite fitting?

I fear I don't have the skill to pull that one off, very sadly.

My skills with Greenstuff are equivalent to those of the average dandelion, so I'm trying to find pretty direct waist-swaps or similar.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 09:57

Hahaha well practise makes perfect! I like the shawl/mandrake dressing gown they have really but at the end of the day its your model! If you pick something that you like and achieve that then you've done your job!

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 10:08

Grub wrote:
Hahaha well practise makes perfect! I like the shawl/mandrake dressing gown they have really but at the end of the day its your model!

I actually like it too - it's more the posture I dislike. It's just a bit too 'wide', for lack of a better word. I was looking for something a bit more 'measured' (and more in keeping with the current haemonculi), though I suppose mine is a different breed anyway.

As I'm writing this though, I'm aware that one of my suggested alternatives was a leaping posture - so maybe I'm just talking a load of piffle. Razz

EDIT:

Actually, I have another question - this one not related to modelling.

See, I'd like to give my Haemonculus a ranged weapon (other than a Splinter Pistol) to represent his baneblast. So, which weapon of his do you think best represents a 'super' baneblast?
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11 2015, 08:21

That is a tough one, baleblast is pretty unique. I mean perhaps a liquidier but obviously being 15 points, strength 3 flamer is barely going to be a super anything Razz

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11 2015, 09:32

Grub wrote:
That is a tough one, baleblast is pretty unique. I mean perhaps a liquidier but obviously being 15 points, strength 3 flamer is barely going to be a super anything Razz

Yeah, sadly Haemonculi can't take an Ossefactor or anything as useful as a blaster.

I was wondering about a Hexrifle as a long-range Baneblast.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 22:05

Hey guys,

Models arrived today and I've had a go at the conversion:

Mandrake Haemonculus DSC00724

The Mandrake torso was a pretty perfect fit for the shape of the magic swirly thing. Because the streams were intertwined with the Sorceress, I had to cut and paste them a bit. Hopefully they'll look ok after painting.

Anyway, I'm planning to spray it and start painting tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 10:58

Looking forward to it!

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 14:16

Ok, he's basically finished:

Mandrake Haemonculus DSC00747

Mandrake Haemonculus DSC00760

Mandrake Haemonculus DSC00756

Mandrake Haemonculus DSC00753

Mandrake Haemonculus DSC00742

The one thing I'm unsure about is the angle of the torso in relation to the swirling magic stuff.

However, all in all, I'm pleased with how he turned out. I think I was quite successful in blending the Green Stuff into the model (which is very unusual for me).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake Haemonculus   Mandrake Haemonculus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mandrake Haemonculus
Page 1 of 1