THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE with no spam

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
keeblerpowell
Slave
keeblerpowell

1850 DE with no spam Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE with no spam   1850 DE with no spam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 17:25

So there is a tournament just down the road from my place 2 weeks from now.

they have in their write up that the don't want any spam armies.

With access to only 2 types of troop transports and not wanting to leave my dudes to huff it on foot ... how do I create a DE list that doesn't have a spammy feel?

Gonna Run Kabs, Wracks, and Wyches; but they will all be inside some kind of transport.

Not sure how to work this out....
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with no spam   1850 DE with no spam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 17:48

I'm assuming by a 'spam' list I think they mean the exact same unit (transport, troop option and loadout) taking up like 75% of the list or something.

So since you plan to have Kabalites, Wyches and Wracks; right there I personally wouldn't consider that a spam list, especially if you're mixing both Venoms and Raiders. But check with the Tournament guys.

I personally would put your Wyches and Wracks in Raiders (maybe like one full squad each with an HQ) and then a few squads of Warriors in Venoms for support. Add in some Razorwings, Ravagers and/or Scourge and right then you have a list that can be made up of to 8 different units with different roles and places on the Force Organisation Chart. That's not spam.

Whats their opinion on MSU type lists then? Because they could make an argument to those kind of armies also being 'spam'.
Back to top Go down
keeblerpowell
Slave
keeblerpowell

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with no spam   1850 DE with no spam I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2015, 17:08

This will be my first touney at this venue, So I am really not sure at all.
Back to top Go down
Slaven
Slave
Slaven

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with no spam   1850 DE with no spam I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2015, 20:16

Do they say anything about what classifies as a "spam army"? Without any guidelines, that feels like a pretty ambiguous statement. I'd definitely call or e-mail and ask them to specify a bit on what they mean.

Edit: To add some input, if you're restricted in the amount of venoms/raiders you can take, I'd consider fielding large blobs of Kabalite warriors to hold backfield objectives with a pair of blasters and dark lances, maybe. If they are sitting in ruins, they are pretty hardy in large numbers. I'd imagine fielding x3 Ravagers would be considered "spammy", so it helps with your deployment area coverage.
Back to top Go down
http://battletavern.blogspot.com/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with no spam   1850 DE with no spam I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2015, 21:31

Slaven wrote:
Do they say anything about what classifies as a "spam army"? Without any guidelines, that feels like a pretty ambiguous statement. I'd definitely call or e-mail and ask them to specify a bit on what they mean.
This.

We can't really offer help till we know what the restriction is or isn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with no spam   1850 DE with no spam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE with no spam
Page 1 of 1