THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chettmanly135
Slave
Chettmanly135

Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 16:31

Hello! this is my first post here, so let me know if I do something not allowed.

So my friend and I want to play a semi competitive 2k point battle.... He has been rocking Nurgle daemons with some CSM nurgle allies.

I know I have a few advantages over him, But I was wondering if I should bring some Eldar to help?

He will dominate in the with his many psykers, But will a farseer be worth it?

Here is his list(might be slightly modified for when we play, but this is a good idea what he has)

[HQ] Great unclean one-290
Psyker ML 3
lesser rewards(LR)
Great rewards(GR)x2

[HS] DP-325
ML 3
Daemonic Flight
GR
Grimoire of true names
[HQ] Herald of Nurgle-130
GR
Greater locus of Fecundity(FnP)

[T] Plaguebearers-100

[T] Nurgle Swarms-45

[T] Bloodletter-155(these might be replace with plaguebearers)
Banner of blood
Bloodleaper
LRx2

[FA] Screamers of Tzeench-75

[HS] Soul grinder-175
Daemon of nurgle
Warp Gaze

CSM allies:

[HQ] DP-320
Nurgle of Deamon
Daemonic flight
The black mace
ML 3

[T] Cultist-50(points)

[T] Cultist-50

[E] Plague marines-120

[FA]- Helldrake with flamer-170

any Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 18:37

You need a tool to pick down the Heldrake. Other than that, load up on long-ranged poison. His powers will not help him the slightest bit, and he will be at a massive handicap with having to pay for all that toughness. No need to bring allies. As I see it, you've won in advance.
Back to top Go down
Chettmanly135
Slave
Chettmanly135

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 18:41

Thats kind of what Im getting at....I was going to use a fighter and bomber(Only 2 fliers I have atm) to help bring down his FMC. The only issue I see is the 2+ jink save. DE have no range ignores cover weapons, so I basically will use weight of firepower
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 19:08

It's not so bad. He only has 4 wounds on his 2+ jinker. Worst case scenario, he'll kill a unit per turn. Kill the easier targets first, though.
Back to top Go down
Slaven
Slave
Slaven

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 19:41

If you can deal with the Heldrake you should be fine. FMC Daemons aren't scary, and Nurgle ones are definitely not. They probably won't be flying if he knows what's best for him, because he's going to want to get into assault to take down units. If he keeps to the skies with his FMCs (or rather, Nurgle Princes) there isn't really anything to worry about from them. They don't have shooting and don't have very scary offensive Psychic Powers. Even paper thin Dark Eldar vehicles seem extremely durable against practically -no- firepower. Neuter the rest of his army and it'll be game over pretty quickly. Nurgle isn't fast at all, so you can easily outmaneuver him and choose 1 or 2 targets wisely to take down each turn. Throw little units at Daemon Princes (or the GUO) to slow them down and allow you more turns to shoot into them. I'd imagine target priority would be something like (variable, of course, because powers could make a difference):

1) Heldrake
2) Screamers
3) Soul Grinder
4) Plague Marines
5) GUO (because it's easy to kill with tons of poison and would hurt his Warp Charge total)
6) Bloodletters/Plaguebearers
7) Nurgle DPs (if they have wings, if not I'd either ignore them entirely or take them down while waiting to deal with the Heldrake)
8 ) Nurgle Swarms
9) Cultists

I'd definitely take the Razorwing and Voidraven. Hopefully they both come on at once. Take the Heldrake head on and put one of them behind the other, leaving no room for the Heldrake to Vector Strike over either. If you plan the movement you safeguard yourself incase you fail to bring it down.
Back to top Go down
http://battletavern.blogspot.com/
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 20:03

There is one Eldar allied unit I would definitely take:

5 Dark Reapers incl. Exarch with Eldar Missile Launcher, Flakk Missiles and Fast Shot. Put them in an empty Venom too.

Not a cheap unit, but the Eldar Trickery is strong with this one. Dark Reapers ignore jink saves and the Exarch can fire two Flakk Missiles at once!

War Walkers with Scatter Laser, Eldar Missile Launcher and Flakk Missiles can pull a simmilar trick: If just one Scatter Laser shot hits, the Launchers become twin-linked for that shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
Chettmanly135
Slave
Chettmanly135

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 20:11

Thanks everyone!  And yes...Dark reapers are actually a great unit to use against him......Since jink will be his only save.

Sorry , a 5++
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 20:27

Chettmanly135 wrote:
Thanks everyone!  And yes...Dark reapers are actually a great unit to use against him......Since jink will be his only save.

Sorry , a 5++

His Daemon Prince can also still use his 3+ armor save, if he has armor. Flakk Missiles are only AP 4. Also, Dark Reapers only ignore jinking, not cover in general, so he will still have Shrouded when he isn't jinking. You'll need to keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 20:43

I don't think you should bring Eldar. Give the guy a fighting chance Smile
Also, try to disable the Grinder before your flyers get in, to avoid its skyfiring.
Back to top Go down
Chettmanly135
Slave
Chettmanly135

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2015, 20:46

Sigmaril wrote:
I don't think you should bring Eldar. Give the guy a fighting chance Smile
Also, try to disable the Grinder before your flyers get in, to avoid its skyfiring.

I plan on having an archon DS behind it with some blasterborn...Or some Fire dragons if I really want to blow it to pieces
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends   Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming battle against nurgle daemons & friends
Page 1 of 1